Far infrared light is measured in microns and can be divided into far-infrared, mid-infrared, and near-infrared. The far-infrared light is a part of an invisible spectrum of the sun. The near-infrared ranges from 0.7 to 2.0 microns, mid-infrared ranges from 2 to 4 microns, and far-infrared ranges from 4 to 1,000 microns. The vibrant range for the best benefit is considered from 8.4 to 9.4 microns. The detectible red and far infrared portions of the spectrum that range from 660 to 880 wavelength are consider the vital range, as they are highly absorbent and create unique restorative effects on living tissues.
It is studied that the skin and underlying tissues absorb the light photons, which activate changes such as photobiomodulation in a body. Photobiomodulation is a light-induced photochemical reaction. Far infrared rays are anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, and anti-viral and, therefore, can be beneficial in the treatment of a range of diseases. Far infrared waves are thermal, and in the electromagnetic spectrum, they are closer to the microwave region which we experience as heat. There are many benefits of natural sunlight delivered by far infrared heat without the dangerous effects of UV radiation. The thermal radiation is a prime source of infrared radiation, i.e., any object which has a temperature radiates in the infrared. It emits more infrared radiation as it gets warmer. Even cold objects such as an ice cube are likely to emit some evident infrared. The far infrared therapy devices use the deep penetrating light (DPL) systems are popular. Various physical conditions can be treated with DPL system. The system uses energy in the form of photons to penetrate deep into the skin. The far infrared light can penetrate up to 30 to 40 mm in the skin, which makes it more effective and preferable for joints, deep muscles, and bones.
The global FAR infrared includes variety of devices applicable for several indications such as FAR infrared heating pads, FAR infrared sauna, FAR infrared heater, FAR infrared sauna with carbon heater, FAR infrared gloves, FAR infrared lamp, and other light therapy devices. The FAR infrared therapy devices are used in a number of therapies such as pain relief, skin rejuvenation, and relief from sports injuries, toxin elimination, stress reduction, weight loss, restful sleep, and improving immune system. The rays help in heating muscles, nerves, blood vessels, joints, and bones. Conditions such as arteriovenous fistula (which causes blood to directly flow from an artery into a vein) can be treated by FAR infrared therapy devices. From widely used applications of FAR infrared devices for treating various medical conditions, the heating therapy is the most commonly used all over the world. The heating therapy is used to detoxify heavy metals, reduce cholesterol, and promote blood circulation. The ease of use, effectiveness, and safe and wide applicability of the FAR infrared therapy device are likely to drive the market in the near future. However, the threat of side effects, such as sunburn, may act as a restrain for the market.
Based on geography, the FAR infrared devices market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America is expected to dominate the market. Rise in geriatric population and high per capita income are projected to propel the market in this region. Further, increase in adoption of personalized health technologies is one of the key factors which is likely to drive the market during the forecast period. North America is followed by Europe, and the region holds a large share of the market. Asia Pacific is the most progressive region. The increase in health care awareness and rise in per capita income are estimated to drive the market in Asia Pacific.
The global players operating in the FAR infrared therapy device market are Medtronic plc, Omron Corporation, Panasonic Corporation, and Siemens AG. Along with the global players, the regional players are contributing a significant share in the FAR infrared device market.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.