Fall Detection System Market: Overview
Fall detection system alerts emergency services in case it detects accidental fall. It is primarily designed for geriatric people. The system comprises two major components: a wearable device and a cell phone. Once the wearable device detects a fall, it sends an alert to the cell phone; then the cell phone alerts to the emergency contacts selected by the user.
Fall Detection System Market: Notable Developments
Some of the recent developments that may favor the fall detection system market are:
- Bayalarm medical, a key manufacturer of fall detection system developed a device called On-The-Go Protection. It connects with our 24X7 monitoring station without needing to push a button. This will help save life of users in case of a major fall.
- Similarly, Medical Guardian introduced Family Guardian, a fall detection system, that will enables family, friends, and caregivers to stay updated on health and activity levels of the user throughout the day.
All these product launched by the manufacturers are adding value to fall detection systems.
Apart from above, some of the prominent players operating in the global fall detection system market are Baxter International Inc., Johnson and Johnson, CryoLife, Luna Innovations Incorporated, C. R. Bard, Inc., B. Braun Melsungen AG, Integra Life Sciences Corporation, Cohera Medical, Inc., Tissuemed Ltd., and Chemence Medical, Inc
Fall Detection System Market: Key Growth Dynamics
The fall detection system market is anticipated to progress substantially in the forecast period. This is mainly because of the factors such as increasing geriatric population and growing adoption of wearable technology by consumers. Apart from this, rising penetration of smartphones is another factor expected to drive the fall detection system market. Further, growing inclination of consumer towards personal healthcare systems may propel the global fall detection system market.
Accelerometers and gyroscopes are the most widely used components in the fall detection system. They help in detecting fall and send signal to call emergency contact decided by the user. The increasing use of accelerometers & gyroscopes is wearable technology and smartphones is driving the fall detection system market.
Artificial Intelligent is the next big thing in the fall detection system market. It utilizes sensors to understand fall intensity and address accidents more accurately. However, high cost of devices due to use of robust technologies is preventing people from emerging economies from adopting fall detection systems.
Apart from this, low practicality and acceptability of the technology among elders and limitation of device detect fall other than simulated conditions in the developing region is expected to hamper the growth of the fall detection system market. Along with this, unavailability of emergency service is also a major restraint for the market growth. Nevertheless, increased device capability and increasing number of artificial intelligence companies in the market is expected to offer lucrative avenues for the growth of the fall detection system market.
Fall Detection System Market: Regional Outlook
Geographically, North America is expected to hold major share in the global fall detection system market. This is mainly because of the growing adoption of fall detection devices by the people in the region. Apart from this, growing adoption of the machine learning and rising inclination of people towards self-care devices is expected to bolster growth of the global fall detection system market.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.