Facial Reconstruction Surgery Market: Introduction
- Facial reconstructive surgery is performed on abnormal structures of the face, head, and neck caused by birth defects, developmental abnormalities, trauma or injury, infection, tumors, or disease
- Facial reconstructive surgery is generally performed to improve function and quality of life for a patient. There are several different reconstructive procedures that an otolaryngologist (a head & neck surgeon) performs, such as cancer reconstruction, cleft lip repair, facial paralysis, microtia repair, etc.
- The global facial reconstruction surgery market is projected to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period. The growth of facial reconstruction surgery market can be attributed to the increase in prevalence of cancer, cases of trauma or injury, rate of surgical correction by physicians, and awareness about improving facial symmetry after surgery.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Key Drivers of Global Facial Reconstruction Surgery Market
- The global facial reconstruction surgery market is expected to be driven by rise in repair of facial cancer defects, surgical correction and facial deformity, increase in the number of surgical correction of a congenital missing ear, and technological advancements in surgical procedures
- According to an article published in the Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery in 2017, from 2004 to 2014, there were 54,730 patients admitted for facial trauma. Within this patient cohort, there were 73,797 facial fractures. Facial fracture pattern types varied depending on the patient demographic, including sex and age of the patient.
- Demand for implants and biomaterials is likely to propel the growth of the facial reconstruction surgery market in the near future. Biomaterials are biocompatible and are used for scientific & medical research. However, use of implants nasal construction, face lifts, etc., is expected to fuel the demand for reconstruction in the near future.
- According to an article published in the American Society of Plastic Surgeons journal in 2018, a Japanese research team created an augmented reality (AR) system that allows creation of 3D simulations of facial reconstructive procedure, projecting the images over a patient’s face during surgery
North America to Hold Major Share of Global Facial Reconstruction Surgery Market
- North America is projected to account for the prominent share of the facial reconstruction surgery market during the forecast period. Increase in awareness about facial reconstruction devices, high rate of adoption of implants, owing to increased physicians prescriptions, and technological advancements for 3D simulations of facial reconstructive procedure in the U.S. are expected to drive the facial reconstruction surgery market in the region.
- Favorable reimbursement policies, surge in the number of specialty clinics for facial reconstruction, rise in types of cancer surgeries for geriatric population, and increase in funding by governments are anticipated to propel the facial reconstruction surgery market in North America during the forecast period
- Increase in the number of patients with facial deformity and focus of new players on entering partnership with end-users are anticipated to propel the facial reconstruction surgery market in North America
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report
Key Players Operating in Global Market
Major players operating in the global facial reconstruction surgery market are:
- DePuy Synthes
- Pathy Medical, LLC.
- Surgiform Technologies LLC
- Lattice Medical
- PMT Corporation
Global Facial Reconstruction Surgery Market: Research Scope
Global Facial Reconstruction Surgery Market, by Product
Global Facial Reconstruction Surgery Market, by Reconstruction
- Cancer Reconstruction
- Cleft Repairing
- Facial Paralysis
- Trauma & Injury
- Scar Revision
Global Facial Reconstruction Surgery Market, by End-user
- Specialty Clinics
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
Global Facial Reconstruction Surgery Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.