Eye Cancer Treatment: Introduction
- Eye cancer, also known as ocular cancer, occurs in the eye of children and adults. It is in the form of a tumor that starts in and around the eye. There are two types of eye cancer. Primary intraocular cancer starts in the eyeballs. Primary intraocular melanoma is a highly common type, followed by primary intraocular lymphoma.
- Retinoblastoma is a highly common form of primary intraocular cancer that mostly occurs in children. Secondary intraocular cancer is a metastatic cancer that starts from other parts of the body and spreads to the eyes. Secondary intraocular cancer is more common than primary intraocular cancer, and it is often metastatic form of breast and lung cancers.
- Risk of prevalence of an eye cancer is higher in Caucasians than in people from Asia or African Americans. People with certain inherited conditions, such as dysplastic nevus syndrome, BAP1 cancer syndrome, are more prone to suffer from eye cancer.
Key Drivers of Global Eye Cancer Treatment Market
- Increase in incidence of eye cancers, surge in healthcare expenditure, and rise in risk factors such as geriatric population drive the global eye cancer treatment market. Moreover, a rise in the demand for innovative treatments, including advanced surgeries, and high investment by governments are anticipated to propel the global market during the forecast period.
- According to American Cancer Society estimates, there would be 3,360 new eye and orbit cancer cases, with 1, 860 in men and 1,500 in women, in 2019. Additionally, in the same year, 370 deaths are estimated to occur due to eye and orbit cancers, comprising 200 men and 170 women. According to NHS, 750 cases of ocular cancer in the U.K. are diagnosed every year.
- Technological advancements resulting in continuous innovation and rise in awareness about eye cancer symptoms and their common causes are expected to augment the global eye cancer treatment market. Increase in secondary compared to primary eye cancers is likely to boost the global market in the next few years.
- Initiatives by governments to focus on the development of surgeries and investment in health care are other factors that are projected to boost the market. However, high cost of treatment, unavailability of skilled professionals especially in developing countries, and side-effects of the treatment restrain the global eye cancer treatment market. Longer time taken by ocular cancer drugs to receive approval by regulatory bodies also hampers the market.
Orbit Tumor to be Highly Attractive Segment
- In terms of type, the global eye cancer treatment market can be classified into eyelid tumor, corneal cancer, uveal melanoma, and orbital tumor
- Corneal cancer is a squamous cell carcinoma of the conjunctiva, which is a malignant tumor that occurs in the lining of the eyeballs and eyelids. An orbital tumor occurs in the orbit, which is the bony socket containing an eye. Orbit tumor could be malignant or benign and can be either primary or metastatic. Rhabdomyosarcoma and retinoblastoma are the two most life threatening orbital tumors. Retinoblastoma is a malignant tumor that starts from the retina. It is most common in children and often passed on from the parents. Eyelid tumor occurs in sebaceous gland known as the carcinoma of the eyelid. Uveal melanoma is a primary malignant tumor, which is a highly common eye cancer.
Laser Therapy to be Highly Attractive Segment
- Based on treatment, the global eye cancer treatment market can be categorized into surgery, radiation therapy, laser therapy, chemotherapy, and others
- The laser therapy segment is estimated to account for a notable share during the forecast period owing to the high number of laser procedures for the treatment of eye cancer
Hospitals to be Highly Lucrative Segment
- Based on end-user, the global eye cancer treatment market can be categorized into hospitals, clinics, and ambulatory surgical centers
- The hospitals segment is likely to account for a major share of the global eye cancer treatment market by 2031 due to an increase in consultation of patients in hospitals
North America to Offer Significant Opportunities in Eye Cancer Treatment Market
- In terms of region, the global eye cancer treatment market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America accounted for major share of the global market in 2020. Increase in demand for various surgical therapies for the treatment of eye cancers and rise in investment by governments in research & development of better eye cancer treatments boost the eye cancer treatment market in North America. Moreover, significant investments in research & development by companies and rise in awareness about eye cancers and their treatments are projected to propel the market in the U.S.
- Rise in the geriatric population is expected to increase the prevalence of primary eye cancers, as the risk increases with age
- Europe is a prominent market for eye cancer treatments owing to the availability of treatment methods for eye cancer, high income of the population, and a rise in the demand for effective treatment
- The eye cancer treatment market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period. Rise in healthcare expenditure, rapid expansion of the healthcare industry, and high unmet needs are likely to drive the market in the region during the forecast period
- Technological advancements in the treatment of eye cancers and rise in disposal income are anticipated to propel the eye cancer treatment market in Asia Pacific during the forecast period. Additionally, the geriatric population is increasing in the highly populated counties in Asia Pacific, which is a risk factor for eye cancers. This is projected to augment the global eye cancer treatment market during the forecast period. According to the American Academy of Ophthalmology, the incidence of uveal melanoma is lower in people from Asia and people of color.
Key Players Operating in Global Eye Cancer Treatment Market
The global eye cancer treatment market is semi-consolidated, with the presence of international and local players. Key players operating in the global eye cancer treatment market are:
- Novartis AG
- Spectrum Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- GlaxoSmithKline plc
- Bayer AG
- Amgen, Inc.
- Takeda Pharmaceuticals Company Limited
- Eli Lilly and Company
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- Janssen Global Services, LLC
- AbbVie, Inc.
- Pfizer, Inc.
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
- Oncomed Pharmaceuticals
Global Eye Cancer Treatment Market: Research Scope
Global Eye Cancer Treatment Market, by Type
- Eyelid Tumor
- Corneal Cancer
- Uveal Melanoma
- Orbital Tumor
Global Eye Cancer Treatment Market, by Treatment
- Radiation Therapy
- Laser Therapy
Global Eye Cancer Treatment Market, by End-user
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
Global Eye Cancer Treatment Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.