External Nasal Dilator: Introduction
- A nasal dilator, or nasal strip or external nasal dilator strip, is a type of adhesive bandage with embedded plastic splints or ribs that are applied across the sides of the nostrils and bridge of the nose to help keep the airways open.
- Nasal dilators make breathing easier. Thus, they act as an aid to prevent snoring. Additionally, nasal dilators are used during athletic exertion.
- Nasal dilators are believed to decrease airway resistance and lower the risk of exercise-induced pulmonary hemorrhage (EIPH), aid post-race recovery, and reduce fatigue.
- Nasal dilators or nasal strips work by mechanically opening nasal passages. They help to decrease the resistance to incoming air without utilization of medication.
- Two types of nasal dilators are internal nasal dilators and external dilators. Internal nasal dilators push from the inside, whereas external nasal dilators pull from the outside.
- The advantages of nasal dilators over other remedies are they provide instantaneous relief; are non-medicated and hence are suitable for more people; non-invasive; offer no side-effects; and they do not become less effective with continued use.
Key Drivers of Global External Nasal Dilator Market
- Increase in incidence of nasal conditions is leading to nasal congestions, such as common cold, chronic sinusitis, flu, acute sinusitis, and allergies that cause inflammation or irritation of the nasal tissues, which makes breathing difficult. Thus, prevalence of such chronic conditions such as chronic sinusitis causing nasal congestion has fueled the demand for external nasal dilators.
- According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), in 2018, about 28.9 million adults were diagnosed with sinusitis in the U.S.
Nasal Congestion Segment to Dominate the Global External Nasal Dilator Market
- In terms of application, the global external nasal dilator market can be classified into nasal congestion, snoring, and others
- The nasal congestion segment is expected to dominate the global external nasal dilator market during the forecast period. High prevalence of nasal congestion due to ailments such as sinus infections, flu, and common cold are expected to drive the segment during the forecast period.
Retail Pharmacies Segment to Offer Attractive Opportunities
- In terms of distribution channel, the global external nasal dilator market can be segregated into retail pharmacies, e-commerce, and others
- The retail pharmacies segment is expected to offer significant opportunities during the forecast period. Huge purchase of nasal dilators by patients through retail pharmacies is expected to drive the segment during the forecast period.
North America to Dominate the Global External Nasal Dilator Market
- In terms of region, the global external nasal dilator market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America is projected to dominate the global external nasal dilator market during the forecast period.
- Growing awareness about the benefits of external nasal dilators, high prevalence of chronic sinusitis, and the presence of established vendors in countries such as U.S. are expected to drive the external nasal dilator market in the region during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in Global External Nasal Dilator Market
The global external nasal dilator market is concentrated with the presence of international as well as local players. Key players in the market are focusing on the strategic activities such as geographic expansion and research and development of new products. Key players operating in the global external nasal dilator market are:
- GlaxoSmithKline Plc
- HealthRight Products LLC
- Walmart Inc.
- ASO Medical
- Hongze Sanitary
- AirWare Labs
Global External Nasal Dilator Market: Research Scope
Global External Nasal Dilator Market, by Application
- Nasal Congestion
Global External Nasal Dilator Market, by Age Group
Global External Nasal Dilator Market, by End-user
- Retail Pharmacies
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.