External Counterpulsation (ECP) Devices Market: Introduction
- External counterpulsation is a non-invasive and medically proven treatment recommended for patients with angina or congestive heart failure condition. External counterpulsation is primarily preferred by patients to relieve discomfort and who are unresponsive to other treatments. External counterpulsation improves the circulation to the heart muscle, minimizes the heart workload, and boosts the flow of oxygen rich blood to the heart. External counterpulsation facilitates the blood flow to the heart muscle by expanding network and creating new pathways around blocked arteries.
- Patients suffering from severe angina, not considered for angioplasty or bypass surgery, are likely to benefit from external counterpulsation therapy. Enhanced external counterpulsation (EECP) and external counterpulsation are similar procedures, but differ in design. The EECP is an advanced and enhanced way of providing counterpulsation treatment to patients.
- Devices used for external counterpulsation comprise a series of three compressive air cuffs and are inflated or deflated in synchronization as per patient's cardiac cycle through microprocessor-interpreted ECG signals. These microprocessor-interpreted ECG signals are wrapped around each leg, calf, and above knee and thigh. Diastole of air cuffs are inflated consecutively, which compresses the vascular beds and this action results in increase in the diastolic pressure leading to increase in the arterial blood flow.
Key Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities of Global External Counterpulsation (ECP) Devices Market
- Rise in prevalence of coronary artery diseases, increase in incidence of atherosclerosis in coronary artery patients, and surge in angina episodes in patients are projected to drive the global external counterpulsation devices market during the forecast period. According to research, 18% of the coronary artery disease precedes angina. Moreover, rise in adoption of external counterpulsation devices for management of angina are anticipated to propel the global external counterpulsation (ECP) devices market in the next few years. The incidence of atherosclerosis is most common in patients above 40 and nearly 50% of the people at this age are likely to develop serious atherosclerosis condition.
- The Food & Drug Administration (USFDA) approval for treatment of various cardiac conditions, presence of prominent players offering external counterpulsation devices, technological advancements, and adoption of innovative devices are expected to boost the growth of the global external counterpulsation (ECP) devices market.
North America to dominate Global External Counterpulsation (ECP) Devices Market
- North America is likely to account for significant share of the global external counterpulsation (ECP) devices market owing to technological advancements, rise in prevalence of angina, surge in burden of patients suffering from symptomatic coronary artery disease resulting in the refractory angina condition, guidelines for the management of refractory angina, and rise in awareness about external counterpulsation treatment. In the U.S., around 6.4 million patients suffer from coronary artery disease, with annual incidence estimated to be around 40,000. According to research, in 2018, nearly 9.8 million people in the U.S. experienced angina, with around 500,000 new cases of angina recorded every year. These factors are projected to boost the external counterpulsation devices market in North America during the forecast period.
- The external counterpulsation (ECP) devices market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to grow at a faster pace, owing to increase in patient population suffering from angina, rise in prevalence of coronary artery disease, and robust distribution network across countries in Asia Pacific. Awareness and adoption of enhanced external counterpulsation, technological advancements, improved automation software, and ongoing studies suggesting improvement in 73% of coronary disease patients with angina.
Key Companies in Global External Counterpulsation (ECP) Devices Market
- Applied Cardiac Systems, Inc. (ACS)
- Cardiomedics, Inc.
- Vasomedical, Inc.
- Advanced Life Sciences Pvt. Ltd.
- Teleflex Incorporated
- Jarvik Heart, Inc.
- Biotronik SE & Co., KG
- St. Jude Medical, Inc.
- Other prominent players
Global External Counterpulsation (ECP) Devices Market, Research Scope
Global External Counterpulsation (ECP) Devices Market, by Type
- Adult ECP Device
- Pediatric ECP Device
Global External Counterpulsation (ECP) Devices Market, by Indication Type
- Stable Angina
- Unstable Angina
- Microvascular Angina
- Variant Angina
Global External Counterpulsation (ECP) Devices Market, by End-user
- Cardiac Centers/Clinics
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
Global External Counterpulsation (ECP) Devices Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.