Global External Beam Radiation Therapy Market: Overview
- External radiation (or external beam radiation) is the most common type of radiation therapy used for cancer treatment. A machine is used to aim high-energy rays (or beams) from outside the body into the tumor.
- Radiation technology allows very careful delivery of external beam radiation therapy. These machines focus the radiation on the exact location on the body so that normal tissues are affected as little as possible.
- External radiation is usually done during outpatient visits to a hospital or treatment center. Most people undergo external radiation therapy over many weeks. Usually, patients visit the treatment center every weekday for a certain number of weeks. However, some people may need to go to the treatment center twice a day for a fewer number of weeks.
Key Driver of Global External Beam Radiation Therapy Market
- The global external beam radiation therapy market is growing at a rapid pace owing to increase in incidence of cancer
- Cancer is a serious health problem affecting a large population across the globe. Diagnosis at an early stage and treatment for cancer, as it affects the immune system, is a challenge for health care providers. According to the WHO, 18 million new cancer cases were reported in 2018 across the world, and cancer causes around 8.2 million deaths annually. Moreover, the number of cancer cases is likely to rise by 70% across the globe, with 60% of cases in Africa, Asia, and Latin America.
Key Restraint of Global External Beam Radiation Therapy Market
- According to WHO report, an estimated two-thirds of the planet does not have access to basic radiology services. Kenya has only 200 radiologists for 43 million people. People in Nepal travel more than two days to find a facility with an X-ray and spend a month’s income for that. Increase in gap between radiologists and people restrains the global radiation therapy management market.
North America to Account for Major Share of Global External Beam Radiation Therapy Market
- In terms of region, the global external beam radiation therapy market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is projected to dominate the global market during the forecast period. This is attributed to an increase in number of patients. Moreover, well-established health care infrastructure, presence of key players, and favorable reimbursement policies are anticipated to drive the market in the region.
Key Players Operating in Global External Beam Radiation Therapy Market
Major players operating in the global external beam radiation therapy market include:
- Elekta AB
- Varian Medical Systems
- IBA Radiopharma Solutions
- Isoray, Inc.
- Mevion Medical Systems
- Panacea Medical Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
- ViewRay, Inc.
- Other Prominent Players
Global External Beam Radiation Therapy Market: Research Scope
Global External Beam Radiation Therapy Market, by Product Type
- Proton Beam Therapy Device
Global External Beam Radiation Therapy Market, by Therapy Type
- Proton Beam Therapy
- Image-guided Radiation Therapy
- Stereotactic Radiation Therapy
Global External Beam Radiation Therapy Market, by Indication
- Brain Tumor Treatment
- Prostate Cancer Treatment
- Breast Cancer Treatment
Global External Beam Radiation Therapy Market, by End-user
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
Global External Beam Radiation Therapy Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.