Precipitated Barium Sulfate Market
Precipitated Barium Sulfate Market (Type: Blanc Fixe and Lithopone; Application: Paints & Coatings, Pigments, Plastics & Rubbers, Drilling Fluids, Radio-contrast Agents, Lead-acid Batteries, and Others; and End-use Industry: Building & Construction, Automotive, Oil & Gas, Healthcare, Industrial, and Others) - Europe Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2021-2031
Press Release :
Companies Focus on Mission-critical Projects to Ensure Business Continuity during Coronavirus
Mass inoculation measures are helping to revive growth of the global economy and the Europe precipitated barium sulfate market during the coronavirus pandemic. Stakeholders are focusing on essential industries such as healthcare, oil & gas, and other industrial sectors to stay financially afloat during the pandemic. They are adopting contingency planning to adjust to volatile demand and supply of goods and products.
Companies in the Europe precipitated barium sulfate market are adopting the plug & play production strategy since the global economic activities have destabilized. They are focusing on mission-critical projects in the healthcare, oil & gas, construction, and industrial sectors to ensure business continuity and provide on-demand services to customers. Since the automotive sector has been worst hit by the pandemic, stakeholders are bullish on construction, industrial, and oil & gas applications.
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports Ask for a Sample
R&D in Dissolvers Help Overcome Issues with Precipitated Barium Sulfate Scales
The Europe precipitated barium sulfate market is slated to clock a modest CAGR of ~4% during the assessment period. However, the precipitation of barium sulfate scales in the oil & gas reservoirs, surface and subsurface equipment, and processing facilities is emerging as a big problem, since it affects the petroleum production. Hence, companies are expected to collaborate with researchers to deploy engineering investigation in order to provide a safe, efficient, and economical solution to barium sulfate scaling.
Barium sulfate scale precipitations tend to decrease the oil and gas production, which leads to economical loss. Hence, companies are increasing their R&D to develop dissolvers for barium sulfate scales. This includes diethylenetriamine pentaacetic acid (DTPA) as a chelating agent, oxalic acid, and tannic acids as an activator nonionic surfactant, and water as the base fluid.
Get an idea about the offerings of our report from Report Brochure
Robust Precipitated Barium Sulfate Products Resistant to Industrial Waste Gases
Paints & coatings are expected to dictate the highest revenue among all application types in the Europe precipitated barium sulfate market. Companies such as Solvay - a Belgium-based international chemical company is capitalizing on this opportunity to increase the availability of their Blanc Fixe G, a chemically precipitated, pure barium sulfate, which is in demand for paints, coatings, and plastics. Companies in the Europe precipitated barium sulfate market are boosting their production capabilities in chemical formulations that are resistant to water, acid, alkali, and organic solvents.
Manufacturers in the Europe precipitated barium sulfate market are developing chemical products that are resistant to light and industrial waste gases such as sulfur dioxide. They are unlocking revenue opportunities by innovating in architectural coatings that deliver protection and safety in building & construction applications.
Ultrafine Particles of Synthetic Barium Sulfate Impart Excellent Brightness to End Products
The ultrafine average particle size is being preferred in the development of paints, powder coatings, and pigments manufacturing applications. Manufacturers in the Europe precipitated barium sulfate market are adopting special production methods and various inorganic treatments to deliver customized solutions for a diverse range of applications. They are mainly focusing on fine particle size that imparts high gloss and coverage, whereas the white color imparts excellent shade & brightness to the end-products. The ultrafine particles of synthetic barium sulfate are acting as a spacer for prime pigments, which contributes to the hiding with very high gloss in end application.
Companies in the Europe precipitated barium sulfate market are developing ultrafine particles of synthetic barium sulfate that are completely inert under normal conditions and possesses high resistance to outdoor exposure and chemicals. The precipitated barium sulfate is gaining popularity for reducing VOC (Volatile Organic Compound) and replacing the more expensive pigments to lower formulation costs.
Technological Experts Approaching Chemical Companies to Commercialize Solutions
Manufacturers in the Europe precipitated barium sulfate market are expected to partner with technology experts to innovate in the production of pure precipitated barium sulfate from barite ore. There is a growing demand for technological processes that are cost effective and less polluting. Technological experts are approaching chemical companies to commercialize their technological solutions. Both the stakeholders are tapping into incremental opportunities in paints, pharmaceuticals, and oil to broaden their revenue streams.
Blanc fixe product type is predicted to dominate a higher revenue share as compared to lithopone in the Europe precipitated barium sulfate market throughout the forecast period. Anglo Pacific Minerals - a U.K.-based industrial minerals agency, has developed a strong portfolio of high purity and synthetically produced barium sulfate for use as an extender in the production of paints, coatings, and plastics.
Extremely Fine Particle Size in Products Suited for High Gloss Applications
There is a growing demand for precipitated barium sulfate products that are completely inert and possess high resistance to outdoor exposure & other chemicals. Companies are procuring Chinese sources for raw materials to develop blanc fixe precipitated barium sulfate products that have an extremely fine particle size and a narrow particle size distribution. Such trends are well suited for high gloss applications.
Manufacturers in the Europe precipitated barium sulfate market are supplying different product sizes as per specific customer requirements. Controlled chemical reaction of pure barium sulfide and sodium sulfide solution is being conducted to produce precipitated barium sulfate.
Advanced Grinding Technologies Allow Manufacturers to Gain Competitive Edge
The precipitated barium sulfate is being publicized as a good filler, which has high whiteness, low oil absorption, low bulk color, and low wear index. Companies in the Europe precipitated barium sulfate market are increasing their output capacities for acid and alkali products that offer good stability in water. Its organic medium helps to improve its light resistance and weather resistance. Thus, to gain a competitive edge over other manufacturers, companies are using advanced grinding technologies and professional crystal form control for the production of synthetic barium sulfate.
The unique narrow particle size distribution is preferred in precipitated barium sulfate products, which helps to achieve good surface area and low viscosity, thus making it suitable for diversified applications. The high light reflectivity of synthetic barium sulfate is achieved in ultraviolet, in broad spectral range areas, and infrared environments.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Precipitated Barium Sulfate Market for Performance OEM , ask for a customized report
The high gloss coating applications involving paints and coatings are creating stable income sources for manufacturers in the Europe precipitated barium sulfate market amid the ongoing coronavirus crisis. Manufacturers are extending their application areas for precipitated barium sulfate into rubber, friction materials, glass, ceramic, and batteries, among others. However, precipitated barium sulfate scaling is a complex issue in oil & gas reservoirs, which affects petroleum production. Hence, companies should increase awareness about new dissolvers involving the diethylenetriamine pentaacetic acid (DTPA) as a chelating agent, oxalic acid, tannic acids as an activator, nonionic surfactant, and water as the base fluid to overcome issues of scaling. They should partner with technology experts to cost efficiently improve the processing of precipitated barium sulfate.
Europe Precipitated Barium Sulfate Market: Overview
- Precipitated barium sulfate transpires as inorganic barite, which is the salable source of barium and materials prepared from barium. Precipitated barium sulfate is commonly employed in a wide range of applications, including paints & coatings, pigments, and rubber & plastics.
- Precipitated barium sulfate is used as a filler agent in coatings. Precipitated barium sulfate is used as a pigment in paints, while it is employed as a weighted filler in paper, textile, and rubber industries. Blanc fixe is a synthetic white pigment prepared from precipitated barium sulfate. It is resistant to acids and alkalis, and odorless and insoluble in water. It is a pure white transparent powder, which is used as a filler or base for lake pigments. Blanc fixe is used in standard white tiles for reflectance spectrophotometry due to its high purity whiteness.
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest research report on the precipitated barium sulfate market in Europe for the historical year of 2020 and the forecast period of 2021 to 2031, rise in usage of precipitated barium sulfate in the building & construction sector and increase in application of precipitated barium sulfate in the paints & coatings sector are key factors expected to boost the precipitated barium sulfate market in Europe during the forecast period
- In terms of revenue, the precipitated barium sulfate market in Europe is estimated to reach US$ 200 Mn by 2031, expanding at a CAGR of ~4% during the forecast period
Rise in Usage of Precipitated Barium Sulfate in Paints & Coatings Application: Key Driver
- Paints and coatings is a major consumer of precipitated barium sulfate, especially acrylics. This is expected to drive the precipitated barium sulfate market in Europe over the next few of years. Furthermore, rise in infrastructure activities is anticipated to further boost the demand for precipitated barium sulfate in the paints & coatings segment.
- The paints & coatings segment is primarily driven by advancements in the building & construction industry. Rise in the number of upcoming commercial buildings in Europe is anticipated to propel the need for paints and coatings in the region.
- Precipitated barium sulfate is widely used in the paints industry as an extender for primers, as it provides clean whiteness. It is useful for walls and undercoats to beautify smooth walls. Precipitated barium sulfate is an ideal alternative for expensive materials used in paintings such as crypton, basofor, monox, and titanium dioxide. These characteristics of precipitated barium sulfate and its usage in the paints industry are estimated to boost the demand for precipitated barium sulfate in Europe in the near future.
- Precipitated barium sulfate is largely used as filler in the plastic & rubber industry, as it possesses beneficial properties such as chemical inertness and nontoxicity. Barium sulfate is used as filler to create colorful plastics, as it is effective in improving the intensity, stiffness, and abrasive strength. This makes the plastic attractive in appearance and stronger in strength. Precipitated barium sulfate is used in the rubber industry as it increases the life of rubber.
Increase in Demand for Blanc Fixe Type of Precipitated Barium Sulfate in Europe
- Blanc fixe is a type of functional filler. It is superfine with low oil absorption threshold, permitting the insulation and prevention of agglomeration and flocculation, ultimately providing the benefit of improved pigmentation efficiency.
- The blanc fixe type segment dominated the precipitated barium sulfate market in Europe in 2020. Blanc fixe is extensively employed for various coatings, modified plastics, rubber, elastomers, paper, and cosmetics fillers. It can also be used as the battery cathode expansion rod; glaze material to manufacture ceramic and enamel; surface coating agent of printing paper and coated paper; sizing agent in the textile industry; and clarifying agent for glass.
High Adoption of Precipitated Barium Sulfate in Various Applications
- Based on application, the paints & coatings segment accounted for a major share of the precipitated barium sulfate market in Europe in 2020. Precipitated barium sulfate is used as a filler to produce paints and coatings, as it is brighter than barite.
- Precipitated barium sulfate is the optimal extender that is used in various applications such as production of paints and coatings and plastic. Furthermore, it is utilized as a chemical in lead acid batteries. In plastic production, barium sulfate products provide good wetting and high filling levels, and can optimize the transmission of light, which can be helpful in x-ray detection applications.
- Barium sulfate is also employed as a weighting agent for muds circulated in rotary drilling of oil & gas wells
Growth in Demand for Precipitated Barium Sulfate in Automotive Industry in Europe
- Rise in demand for effective coatings in the automotive sector is expected to propel the precipitated barium sulfate market in Europe. Well-established automotive sector in Europe is a major factor driving the paints & coatings sector, which, in turn, is anticipated to propel the precipitated barium sulfate in the region.
- Rise in construction and renovation activities is boosting the precipitated barium sulfate market significantly. Increase in demand for paints & coatings, plastics, and rubber in the building & construction sector is projected to propel the segment in Europe.
Europe Precipitated Barium Sulfate Market: Competition Landscape
- Detailed profiles of providers of precipitated barium sulfate have been included in the report to evaluate their financials, key product offerings, recent developments, and strategies
- Key players operating in precipitated barium sulfate market in Europe are
- Nippon Chemical Industrial Co., Ltd.
- Venator Materials PLC
- Viaton Europe
- Merck KGaA
- Prackash Chemicals
- Alfa Aesar
- Shenzhou Jiaxin Chemical Co., Ltd.
Europe Precipitated Barium Sulfate Market: Key Developments
- Key providers of precipitated barium sulfate, such as Nippon Chemical Industrial Co., Ltd., Viaton Europe, and Solvay are focusing on research & development, product innovation, and cost-effective production of precipitated barium sulfate. Major developments in the precipitated barium sulfate market in Europe are highlighted below:
- On July 16, 2018, Venator Materials PLC reached an agreement with Tronox Limited to purchase the European Paper laminates business from the latter. The acquisition is estimated to enable Tronox to supply the 8120 Grade to Venator Materials PLC under a transitional supply agreement, thus strengthening its distribution channel.
- In the precipitated barium sulfate market in Europe report, we have discussed individual strategies, followed by company profiles of providers of hall-effect sensor systems. The ‘Competition Landscape’ section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and company market share analysis of key players operating in the precipitated barium sulfate market in Europe.
Europe Precipitated Barium Sulfate Market – Scope of Report
The latest study collated and published by Transparency Market Research (TMR) analyzes the historical and present-day scenario of the precipitated barium sulfate market in Europe in order to accurately gauge its future growth. The study presents detailed information about the important growth factors, restraints, and trends that are creating a landscape for the growth of the precipitated barium sulfate market in Europe so as to identify growth opportunities for market stakeholders. The report also provides insightful information about how the precipitated barium sulfate market in Europe would expand during the forecast period of 2021 to 2031.
The report offers intricate dynamics about different aspects of the precipitated barium sulfate market in Europe, which aids companies operating in the market in making strategic development decisions. TMR’s study also elaborates on significant changes that are highly anticipated to configure growth of the precipitated barium sulfate market in Europe during the forecast period. It also includes a key indicator assessment that highlights growth prospects of the precipitated barium sulfate market in Europe and estimates statistics related to growth of the market in terms of value (US$ Mn) and volume (tons).
This study covers a detailed segmentation of the precipitated barium sulfate market in Europe, along with key information and a competition outlook. The report mentions company profiles of players that are currently dominating the precipitated barium sulfate market in Europe, wherein various development, expansion, and winning strategies practiced and implemented by leading players have been presented in detail.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Report on Europe Precipitated Barium Sulfate Market
The report provides detailed information about the precipitated barium sulfate market in Europe on the basis of comprehensive research on various factors that are playing a key role in accelerating the growth potential of the market. Information mentioned in the report answers path-breaking questions for companies that are currently operating in the market and are looking for innovative methods to create a unique benchmark in the precipitated barium sulfate market in Europe, so as to help them design successful strategies and make target-driven decisions.
- Which application segment of the precipitated barium sulfate market in Europe would emerge as major revenue generator during the forecast period?
- How are key market players successfully earning revenue out of advantages of precipitated barium sulfate?
- What would be the Y-o-Y growth trend of the precipitated barium sulfate market in Europe between 2021 and 2031?
- What are the winning imperatives of leading players operating in the precipitated barium sulfate market in Europe?
- Which type segment is expected to create lucrative opportunities for the precipitated barium sulfate market in Europe during the forecast period?
- Which are leading companies operating in the precipitated barium sulfate market in Europe?
Research Methodology – Europe Precipitated Barium Sulfate Market
The research methodology adopted by analysts for compiling the precipitated barium sulfate market in Europe report is based on detailed primary as well as secondary research. With the help of in-depth insights of the market-affiliated information that is obtained and legitimated by market-admissible sources, analysts have offered riveting observations and authentic forecasts for the precipitated barium sulfate market in Europe.
During the primary research phase, analysts interviewed market stakeholders, investors, brand managers, vice presidents, and sales and marketing managers. Based on data obtained through interviews of genuine sources, analysts have emphasized the changing scenario of the precipitated barium sulfate market in Europe.
For secondary research, analysts scrutinized numerous annual report publications, white papers, market association publications, and company websites to obtain the necessary understanding of the precipitated barium sulfate market in Europe.
Europe Precipitated Barium Sulfate Market – Segmentation
TMR’s research study assesses the precipitated barium sulfate market in Europe in terms of type, application, end-use industry, and country & sub-region. This report presents extensive market dynamics and trends associated with different segments of the market and how they are influencing growth prospects for the precipitated barium sulfate market in Europe.
|Country & Sub-region||