Barium Market (Type & its Application: Barium Carbonate, Barium Sulfate, Barium Nitrate, Barium Hydroxide, and Others) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020-2030
Press Release :
Incremental Opportunities in Semiconductor and Photovoltaic Applications Boost Market Growth
Research labs and other end users are raising the demand for barium titanate. Hence, companies in the barium market are increasing their production capabilities to meet end user demands. For instance, MSE Supplies LLC - a scientific supplier of high-quality crystal substrates, is increasing its efforts to strengthen its supply chain for barium titanate across the U.S. to encourage advancements in research fields such as photovoltaics, material science, and energy storage.
Companies in the barium market are tapping into incremental opportunities in the field of semiconductors, biomedical research, and optical materials to bolster market growth. This is evident since the barium market is projected to reach US$ 4.5 Bn by the end of 2030. As such, researchers are focused on measuring and mapping the resulting stress in barium titanate.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Barium Market
Oil & Gas Companies Demand Products to Help Dissolve Barium Sulfate Deposits
Barium sulfate deposits have been a common problem in oil field and gas production operations. It has been found that these scales of barium sulfate interfere with fluid flow, resulting in equipment replacement and thus, causing production losses and increased expenditures for oil & gas companies. Hence, companies in the barium market are innovating in products that help in removing and breaking down barium sulfate scales. For instance, FQE Chemicals - a chemical innovator based in Texas, is promoting its products FQE Barium-Clear, which is effective in completely dissolving barium sulfate scales.
Manufacturers in the barium market are showcasing their case studies, which demonstrate the efficacy of their products. This helps manufacturers to boost their credibility credentials in the global market landscape.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Barium Enema X-ray Gains Popularity in Assessment of Lower Gastrointestinal Series
Companies in the barium market are establishing stable revenue streams by expanding their business in photovoltaic applications. Likewise, the barium enema X-ray method is being highly publicized in the market, which helps in the assessment of large intestine involving colon and rectum. The high prevalence of cancer patients worldwide is acting as a key market driver for revenue growth. As such, the market is estimated to progress at a modest CAGR of ~5% during the forecast period.
An alarming number of patients with lower gastrointestinal series, Colorectal cancer, Crohn’s disease, and the likes have catalyzed the demand for barium enema X-ray. Hence, manufacturers in the barium market are capitalizing on this demand to increase the availability of barium enema X-ray in hospital radiology departments and other healthcare centers.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Barium Market
Barium-impregnated Food Materials Help in Management of Dysphagia amidst COVID-19 Outbreak
The coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic has subsided in China, Europe, and countries of East Asia. However, healthcare and medical centers in countries such as the U.S., Russia, Brazil, and India are still compromised due to the ongoing pandemic. This has raised questions about the management of dysphagia patients with head and neck cancer. Hence, online medical news outlets are increasing awareness about various alternatives to manage dysphagia, which involves the modified barium swallow instrumental study. Companies in the barium market are capitalizing on this opportunity and increasing the availability of barium in pharmacies and clinics.
Barium-impregnated food materials of different consistencies are being used for the treatment of dysphagia patients with head and neck cancer. Since healthcare systems are overwhelmed with the new COVID-19 patients, companies in the barium market are increasing the availability of barium in pharmacies and clinics to meet end user requirements for home care.
The shutting down of oil & gas facilities has resulted in a slump in revenue generation for companies in the barium market, since barium products are primarily used in reducing production losses. Researchers are focused on conducting the electron backscatter diffraction (EBSD) of barium titanate to measure and map its resulting stress. However, government institutions in India have implemented the adoption of non-barium nitrate fireworks, as the element is toxic in nature and responsible for the emission of harmful particulate matter. Hence, manufacturers should acquire proficiency in green fireworks that use barium in lesser quantities and combine them with other prescribes additives.
Barium Market: Overview
- Barium is not found as a free element due to its high chemical reactivity. It is found in two mineral ores: barite and witherite. Barium metal can be prepared by electrolysis of molten barium chloride or heating barium oxide with aluminum powder.
- Akin to other metals, barium is a good conductor of heat and electricity. Barium metal has limited usage, as it is highly reactive. However, many barium compounds are employed in various practical applications. Barium is used in the production of vacuum tubes, especially for televisions, by removing noble gases due to its low vapor pressure.
- China, India, Morocco, the U.S., Turkey, and Kazakhstan are the major sources of barium ores in the world. The petroleum industry accounts for 90% of the barite (BaSO4) mined in the U.S.
Key Growth Drivers of Barium Market
- Barium compounds are used in the production of alkali-barium silicate glass that is employed in television screens. It protects eyes from harmful X-rays that could cause long-term health issues. Television produces X-rays that are absorbed by glass with minimum amount of heavy oxides (lead, barium, or strontium). Lead glass is commonly used for the funnel and neck of the TV tube, while glass containing barium is used for the screen.
- Besides the paint industry, barium sulfate is employed in various other industries. It is largely used in glass manufacturing. Barium chloride, which is a barium compound, is also extensively used in glass manufacturing. The compound is made by roasting barite, coal, and calcium chloride. Barium carbonate, which has a wide range of applications, helps in the creation of other products similar to glass. It is used to create specialized glass called optical glass, which is used in eyewear.
- Demand for glass products is high in various industries such as packaging, construction, and electronics
- Glass is now being used in the building industry as insulation material, structural component, external glazing material, and cladding material. It is used to make delicate fenestration on facades as well as conventional windows. Various types of glasses are used in construction depending upon different purposes such as natural lighting, doors, windows, and balconies.
- Increase in usage of back painted glasses as building materials is driving the demand for barium compounds. Glass production in Europe reached 36.5 million tons in 2018, a marginal increase of 0.2% vis-à-vis that in 2017. This indicates that the market is reviving. Since 2016, glass manufacturing companies have been expanding or maintaining their production levels, owing to the revival in demand, primarily in construction, electronics, and packaging sectors.
- Demand for architectural glass is anticipated to rise in the near future due to increase in construction activities in EMEA (Europe & Middle East) and Asia Pacific. Demand for architectural glass is anticipated to increase in the long term despite the temporary slowdown caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. This, in turn, is likely to propel the demand for barium compounds.
Major Challenges for Barium Market
- Strict government monitoring and regulations concerning the production of barium sulfate in major countries such as China and India have adversely affected the barium sulfate market. This has led to severe shortage of barium in the market.
- China accounts for majority of global barite (barium sulfate) supply. However, concerns regarding supply of barites have been rising due to restrictions imposed on mining and depletion of mines. The U.S. is the largest consumer (approximately 2.8 MT per annum) of barite (barium sulfate). It imports more than 70% of annual consumption, primarily from China.
- Governments of various countries across the world have implemented stringent regulations with regard to the environmental impact of mining. Companies need to adhere to acts such as the Federal Migratory Bird Treaty Act and the U.S. Environmental Protection Act in order to obtain leases and licenses from governments.
Lucrative Opportunities for Barium Manufacturers
- In June 2020, the Government of India launched the auction of 41 coal and other mineral blocks such as barite and witherite for commercial mining. Commercial mining allows the private sector to mine minerals commercially without any end-use restrictions. Private companies have the option of either processing the minerals or reselling them. The current bidding terms also allow other minerals such as barite, iron ore, and granite to be extracted from these blocks. As per the auction clauses, private firms can also use minerals in their own plants or sell them in the markets.
- Demand for pure grade barium is primarily driven by the growth in paints, rubber, and plastics industries. Manufacturers of barium need to focus on production and processing of high-grade barium.
- Existing market players can expand their presence across different regions by entering into strategic alliances with local players through mergers and acquisitions, supply agreements, product branding, etc.
Asia Pacific Dominates Barium Market
- In terms of demand, Asia Pacific dominated the global barium market in 2019. China is a major consumer of barium carbonate in the region. Major importers of barium include Japan, South Korea, Spain, France, and Italy.
- Asia Pacific is also a prominent producer of barium and its compound. China is the world's largest producer of barium and its compounds. Currently, China is the world's largest production base, accounting for about 30% to 35% of global production. Manufacturers such as Guizhou Redstar Development Co., Ltd. and Hubei Jingshan Chutian Barium Salt Corp Ltd. operate in the country.
- Consumption of barium has been rising in developing economies since 2018. This can be ascribed to the decreasing export value of barium from 2018.
- Demand for barium and its compounds is high in the oil & gas drilling and bricks and tiles sectors, as it can be used for the removal of efflorescence. Regions where active construction and technological advancements take place are anticipated to consume more barium than other regions.
Leading Players in Barium Market
- Major manufacturers operating in the barium market include -
- The Solvay S.A.
- Honeywell International Inc.
- Nippon Chemical Industrial Co., Ltd.,
- Merck KGaA.
- These players have considerable presence across the globe.
- Other tier-2 players operating in the market are -
- PVS Chemicals
- Divjyot Chemicals Private Limited
- Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc.
- IBC Limited
- PENTA s.r.o.
- China NaFine Group International Co., Ltd
- Shandong Xinke Environmental Chemistry Co., Ltd.
- P K CHLOROCHEM PVT. LTD.
Barium Market – Scope of the Report
The latest study collated and published by Transparency Market Research (TMR) analyzes the historical and present-day scenario of the global barium market to gauge its growth potential. The study presents detailed information about important growth factors, restraints, and key trends that are creating a landscape for growth of the global barium market. The study also identifies growth avenues for market stakeholders. The report provides insightful information about how the global barium market is likely to expand during the forecast period of 2020 to 2030.
The report offers intricate dynamics about different aspects of the global barium market that can aid companies operating in the market in making strategic business decisions. TMR’s study also elaborates on significant changes that are anticipated to configure growth of the oil & gas drilling industry with respect to the global barium market during the forecast period. It also includes a key indicator assessment that highlights growth prospects for the global barium market and estimates statistics related to growth of the market in terms of volume (kilo tons) and value (US$ Mn).
This study covers a detailed segmentation of the global barium market, along with key information and competition landscape. The report mentions company profiles of major players operating in the global barium market, wherein various market developments and growth strategies practiced and implemented by leading players have been presented in detail.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Report on Barium Market
The report provides detailed information about the global barium market on the basis of comprehensive research on various factors that are playing a key role in accelerating the growth of the market. Information mentioned in the report answers path-breaking questions for companies that are currently operating in the market and are looking for innovative methods to create a unique benchmark in the global barium market, which would help them design successful strategies and make target-driven decisions.
- Which type & its application segment of the global barium market would emerge as a leading revenue generator during the forecast period?
- What would be the Y-o-Y growth rate of the global barium market between 2020 and 2030?
- What are winning imperatives of leading players operating in the global barium market?
Research Methodology – Barium Market
The research methodology adopted by analysts for compiling the report on the global barium market is based on detailed primary as well as secondary research. With the help of in-depth insights of the market-affiliated information that is obtained and legitimated by market-admissible resources, analysts have offered riveting observations and authentic forecasts of the global barium market.
For primary research, analysts have interviewed market stakeholders, investors, brand managers, vice presidents, and sales and marketing managers. Based on data obtained through interviews of genuine resources, analysts have emphasized the changing scenario of the global barium market.
For secondary research, analysts have scrutinized numerous annual report publications, white papers, market association publications, and company websites to obtain the necessary understanding of the global barium market.
Barium Market – Segmentation
TMR’s research study segments the global barium market in terms of type & its application and region. This report presents extensive market dynamics and growth trends associated with different market segments and explains how they are influencing the global barium market.
Type & its Application