Ethernet Connectors Market: Introduction
- Ethernet connectors are the cable in network cable which are used for wired connections to the internet. They are used to connect network elements such as Ethernet switches and Ethernet routers to computers, servers, and other network items. Ethernet interface can be connected using Ethernet cables.
- Earlier, Ethernet cables were unshielded, but later the shielded cables were developed to improve their performance. Unshielded cables are acceptable for short run between computer and router. However, shielded cable is best for longer runs where it passes through high electrical noise.
- Commonly used network cables include Cat5, Cat5e, Cat6, Cat6a, and Cat7. These cables come with different levels of performance. Hence, it is important to select the cable according to the application.
- In most offices and home environments, the Ethernet cable relies on twisted wire pairs for connectivity. This twisting of wires enables balanced currents, i.e. in one wire the current is moving in one direction and in the other the current is moving in the other direction.
Advantages of Ethernet cable fueling market growth
- The various advantages of Ethernet cable includes high speed & low latency, improved reliability and low security threats, and easy installation and connections. These benefits increase the performance of Ethernet cables over wireless connectivity for high speed transfer.
- Furthermore, the high reliability of cables for transmission of data and increasing need to deploy them is boosting the market growth. Besides, Ethernet cable connections are easy to set up and install as compared to wireless technology. These factors are increasing the market growth of Ethernet connectors.
Increasing applications of Ethernet connectors
- Ethernet connectors are used in residential, industrial, and commercial applications such as office buildings, healthcare sector, retail, transportation, and IT and telecom Also, increasing awareness about integrating factory installations and IT systems across various industries increases the demand for advanced industrial Ethernet in the market. However, limitations such as lack of availability of connection facilities may hamper the market growth.
Asia Pacific to lead the global Ethernet connectors market
- In terms of region, the global Ethernet connectors market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- The Ethernet connectors market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at the maximum CAGR during the forecast period.
- This growth is attributed to increasing need for high speed internet connectivity, increasing adoption of advanced devices, growing awareness among the people, and increasing penetration of the internet. These factors are expected to increase the demand for Ethernet connectors in Asia Pacific.
- The Ethernet connectors market in North America and Europe is expected to show high growth due to the increasing adoption of Ethernet connectivity in commercial and residential places, while the market in Middle East & Africa is likely to show uniform growth
Key Players in the Global Market
The global Ethernet connectors market is highly fragmented. Prominent players operating in the global market are focusing on product launch and technological developments to meet the growing demand for Ethernet connectors
Key players operating in the global Ethernet connectors market include:
- Belden Inc.
- General Cable Technologies Corporation
- SAB Bröckskes GmbH & Co. KG
- Schneider Electric
Global Ethernet Connectors Market: Research Scope
Global Ethernet Connectors Market, by Type
- Copper Cable
- Fiber Optic Cable
Global Ethernet Connectors, by Applications
Global Ethernet Connectors Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!