- Erythromelalgia is a rare condition that primarily affects the feet and it is characterized by intense, burning pain of affected extremities, severe redness (erythema), and increased skin temperature that may be episodic or almost continuous in nature
- The specific cause of erythromelalgia remains unknown. Erythromelalgia is a result of vasomotor abnormalities or dysfunction in the normal narrowing and widening of the diameter of certain blood vessels, leading to abnormalities of blood flow to the extremities.
- Females are more affected than males. Disorder onset occurs most commonly in middle age; however, associated symptoms may develop at any age. Erythromelalgia is of two types: primary Erythromelalgia and Secondary Erythromelalgia.
Key Drivers of Global Erythromelalgia Treatment Market
- Increase in number of patients with erythromelalgia, strong product pipeline, and increasing research & development activity for developing new innovative drugs for treatment of erythromelalgia are likely to drive the erythromelalgia market during the forecast period. In addition, high demand for disease specific novel treatment to the patients as quickly as possible is enhancing the growth of the market.
- According to the National Organization for Rare Disorders, prevalence rate of erythromelalgia is approximately 1.3 people in every 100,000 people in the U.S.
- On the other hand, limited treatment options and low healthcare budget in some developing countries are likely to restrain the growth of the market
Request a Sample to Get Extensive Insights into the Erythromelalgia Treatment Market
Primary Erythromelalgia Segment Expected to be Most Promising Segment
- Based on type, the global erythromelalgia treatment market can be segmented into primary erythromelalgia and secondary erythromelalgia
- The primary erythromelalgia segment accounted for the highest share of the erythromelalgia treatment market in 2019. This segment is expected to dominate the erythromelalgia treatment market due to high number of patients with erythromelalgia disease.
Drug Segment to Witness Significant Growth
- In terms of treatment type, the global erythromelalgia treatment market can be divided into drug, and surgery. The drug segment is further divided into mexiletine, gabapentin, lidocaine, aspirin, and others.
- The drug segment generated the highest revenue in 2019 and is anticipated to witness growth during the forecast period. This can be attributed to strong product pipeline for treatment of erythromelalgia from major manufacturers. Currently, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. and Xenon Pharmaceuticals signed a collaboration to develop new product (XEN402) for treatment of erythromelalgia, which is in phase 2.
Oral Product Segment to Witness High Demand
- Based on route of administration, the global erythromelalgia treatment market can be segmented into oral and topical
- The oral segment accounted for the highest share of the topical wound agents market in 2019. This segment is expected to dominate the topical wound agents market due to most of the products available in tablet and capsule form and which is more effective as compared to topical dosage form.
Hospitals Pharmacies Segment to be Most Promising Segment
- In terms of distribution channel, the global erythromelalgia treatment market can be divided into hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies, and online sales. The retail pharmacies segment generated the highest revenue in 2019 and is anticipated to witness growth during the forecast period due to most of major products are generic products, which is easily available in retail pharmacies.
Looking for Customized Insights to build your Business for Future, Ask for a Custom Report here
North America to Dominate Global Erythromelalgia Treatment Market
- In terms of region, the global erythromelalgia treatment market can be categorized into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global erythromelalgia treatment market in 2019 and is expected to maintain its leading position during the forecast period. This dominance of the region can be attributed to increasing research & development activity from major market players, increase in product offerings, greater affordability, and rise in demand for early treatment.
- The market in Asia Pacific is projected to register highest growth during the forecast period, owing to increase in adoption of new products and rise in demand for erythromelalgia treatment in emerging countries such as India and China
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
The global erythromelalgia treatment market was highly fragmented in 2019. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
- Pfizer Inc.
- Novartis AG
- Galderma Laboratories, L.P
- Acorda Therapeutics, Inc.
- Allergan plc
- Amneal Pharmaceuticals LLC.
Erythromelalgia Treatment Market: Research Scope
Erythromelalgia Treatment Market, by Type
- Primary Erythromelalgia
- Secondary Erythromelalgia
Erythromelalgia Treatment Market, by Treatment Type
Erythromelalgia Treatment Market, by Route of Administration
Erythromelalgia Treatment Market, by Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Sales
Erythromelalgia Treatment Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.