ePTFE Poly-Vents: One Membrane for Multiple End-use Industries Equals Numerous Growth Streams
The pursuit of consumer satisfaction has been driving the scramble of numerous industries towards innovation, which has also taken the packaging industry by storm. As the industry operates amid stringent environmental regulations, consistent research and development activities are introducing competent materials to foster innovation in the space.
With the penetration of poly-vents, blips on the radar of the packaging industry – fluid leakage, misaligned pallets, ruined labels, and deformation of containers – are diminishing on account of the increasing quality gradient of these membranes. The trend of 'custom manufacturing' further offers a leeway to manufacturers to widen the application scope of electronic poly-vents for the development of cabinet housings, power supplies, and memory storage. However, the emergence of PTFE poly-vents added a new dimension to the wide plane of existing applications, owing to the flexibility, robustness, and non-resilience that polymer has to offer.
Planning to lay down future strategy? Perfect your plan with our report brochure here
Shift from PTFE Poly-Vents to ePTFE Poly-Vents – Multiplying the Growth Tangents for Poly-Vents
Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) has come a long way since the time of its evolution in 1958, owing to its enormous potential of application in numerous end-use industries. As the quest for efficient coating continues for ensuring protection against harsh substances, PTFE poly-vents have been gaining traction in the chemical industry. Besides the chemical industry, the effective application of PTFE poly-vents as a lubricant in the automotive industry has been surging to bridge the demand-supply gap.
With the future being reliant on green technology, lithium-ion battery packs developed using PTFE poly-vents are poised to find extensive application in the automotive and transportation industries. However, the volatile prices of PTFE have been acting as a bottleneck to its adoption, which offers leeway to expanded Polytetrafluoroethylene (ePTFE) to make headways towards the manufacturing of poly-vents to up the quality notch with its improved features and durability.
Sensing the immense potential of ePTFE poly-vents and endeavors of manufacturers towards optimizing its competency and looking beyond the existing scope of applications, Transparency Market Research (TMR), in its recent study, measures the leap made by ePTFE market, with focus on poly-vents, during the forecast period of 2019-2027, which will serve as an instrument to further intensify the manufacturing of poly-vents and draw growth tangents.
According to the study, sales of ~ 27 thousand tons worth of ePTFE were recorded in 2018, which corresponded to a value of ~ US$ 360 million, owing to its key value proposition of being lightweight as compared to its traditional equivalents, PTFE. In recent times, as manufacturers step up their innovation competencies, improvement in fabric texture has led to the development of high quality athletic gear. Ease of manufacturing via injection molding of fine-powdered PTFE will further balance the demand-supply scale.
Asia Pacific - Key Market for Lucrative Returns
Increasing intelligence regarding the far-reaching characteristics of ePTFE poly-vents has been intensifying their scope of application in numerous industries. ePTFE offers high tolerance to liquid penetration, high heat resistance, and excellent chemical inertia (pH value ranging from 0 to 14), which has been surging its demand in the chemical and cleaners industry for the development of innovative sealing solutions. Following the high adoption trend, chemical and cleaner industries are likely to account for a majority of the demand for ePTFE. However, given the stringency of environmental laws encircling the automotive industry for the development of batteries, the adoption of ePTFE poly-vents will grow at an exponential rate in the landscape.
The automotive industry accounts for ~ 26% of the total ePTFE market share, on account of the industry’s quest for high mechanical strength, low friction, sealing at high rotational speeds, superior resistance to lubricants and fuels, and temperature resistance to 500°F. Such excellent characteristics of ePTFE aid in increasing the overall efficiency of an automotive, by detecting premature failures and offering high tolerances. Since Asia Pacific remains a lucrative region for the growth of the automotive industry, it will, in turn, be a key region for investment in the ePTFE market during the course of the forecast period.
Want to know the obstructions to your company’s growth in future? Request a PDF sample here
Unfolding Opportunities to Gain High Return on Investment in the ePTFE Market
Consolidate Towards Asia Pacific and MEA Market
Manufacturers of ePTFE have been striving to gauge the lucrativeness of regions, in order to set up and unfold numerous growth opportunities. In addition, they also emphasize on exchanging technological competencies to leverage a two-way benefit and create financial synergies. Asia Pacific and the Middle East and Africa remain profitable markets for manufacturers seeking productive partnerships, with regions such as India, China, and GCC exhibiting a huge potential for high returns on investments.
Focus on Fostering Innovation
As ePTFE offers superior benefits as compared to PTFE, manufacturers leverage the prowess of technology to broaden their portfolios and safeguard their bottom lines. With an unbalanced demand-supply ratio from numerous industries, manufacturers can target specific demand and foster innovation. They can resort to research and development activities in their existing manufacturing facilities to enhance the performance of ePTFE, and further boost its adoption in numerous end-use applications.
ePTFE Market – Competitive Landscape
The ePTFE market operates under a high degree of fragmentation. W.L. Gore & Associates enjoys a fair share of exposure at the top tier of the ePTFE market.
Expansion through acquisitions has been the key strategy of this player; however, it also resorts to research and development activities to broaden its product portfolio by fostering innovation in the landscape. The company has over 2,000 patents around the world in numerous fields, which include electronics, medical devices, and polymer processing. The company has its presence in over 25 countries, with manufacturing hubs in countries such as Japan, China, the U.K., and the U.S.
Regional players, however, account for a market share of 5-12%, and are characterized by their robust innovation capabilities. These players include:
- Sanghvi Techno Products
- CLARCOR Industrial Air, Inc.
- Milvent Technology Co., Ltd
- Interstate Specialty Products
- SABEU GmbH & Co., KG
- Technology International
- MOCAP LLC
This group of players expend their endeavors in collaboration and partnership activities to gain reciprocal benefits. For example, in February 2017, CLARCON Industrial Air, which operates as a subsidiary of CLARCON Inc., became a part of the giant Parker Hannifin Corporation Filtration Group.
All-in-all, market players strive to cater to numerous industries such as aerospace, automotive, pharmaceuticals, and textiles to multiply the sales of their products.
Looking for exclusive market insights from business experts? Request a Custom Report here
Analysts’ Inference of the ePTFE Market
Authors of the report opine that, the ePTFE market will grow steadily over the course of the forecast period, as technological advancements surface in the landscape, which boosts the adoption of ePTFE in numerous end-use industries. Chemical and cleaner industries are likely to remain key revenue-generating end-user industries, owing to the extensive application of ePTFE in coating to prevent the effects of harsh substances. However, growth in automotive production is likely to bode lucrative business opportunities for ePTFE manufacturers.
Market players should bring developing countries of Asia Pacific and the Middle East and Africa in their radar, in order to consolidate their market position. However, manufacturers will need to adhere to extensive environmental, safety, and health regulations while setting up their production facilities.
Automotive Industry to Generate Substantial Demand for ePTFE
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest market report on ePTFE for the historical period of 2014-2018 and forecast period of 2019-2027, the increased demand for ePTFE for chemical and automotive end uses is expected to drive market growth.
- Globally, revenue generated by the ePTFE market is estimated to reach ~ US$ 360 Mn in 2019, and is expected to expand at a CAGR of ~ 4% in terms of value, throughout the forecast period.
- Traditionally, polypropylene (PP) and polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) were the most standardized materials used for manufacturing poly-vents. Poly-vents are extensively used for several end uses such as building & construction, automotive, chemical, pharmaceuticals, electrical & electronics, etc. Moreover, there is a shift in demand from conventional materials (polypropylene and PTFE) to advance expanded PTFE material, which is lightweight, durable, and waterproof.
Increasing Preference for ePTFE in Chemical and Automotive Industries
- The growing demand for ePTFE for sealing and gauging air, gas, and liquid is expected to create maximum revenue opportunity for the chemicals segment.
- In addition, the industrial and chemical applications of ePTFE include gaskets, linings, washers, pump interiors, seals, and spacers. ePTFE is employed where high chemical inertness is required. Increase in the demand for improved efficiency and emission control has led to the extensive use of ePTFE in the automotive sector. ePTFE is employed to reduce the overall weight of automobile parts. Furthermore, waterproof and breathable fabric texture provided by ePTFE membranes has resulted in their extensive usage for industrial applications.
Advanced Materials & Technological Advancements Driving Market Growth
- Technological advancements are progressing at a remarkable pace, globally, and most manufacturers are compelled to integrate cutting-edge technologies and value addition with the ePTFE offered by them. Due to recent developments across numerous end-user industries, key players have established a competitive ground and intensified R&D efforts for ePTFE on current production processes. They are implementing breakthrough technologies to enhance the performance of ePTFE in several end-use applications.
- The demand for advanced materials such as thermoplastic gears has increased over the past decade, as thermoplastics can be manufactured easily via the injection molding (MIM) of fine powder PTFE, which is the raw material for ePTFE. ePTFE material offers economic advantages over other materials, combined with the elimination of external lubricants, weight reduction, and improved corrosion resistance, which is also anticipated to drive the demand for ePTFE.
Market Consolidation in Emerging Countries of Asia Pacific and Middle East & Africa
- Industry consolidation and vertical integration are expected to unfold several opportunities for market players of ePTFE by expanding their customer base, geographic reach, and market share. In addition, transmitting technological competencies and employee strength is beneficial for the industry as a whole, which results in significant financial synergies for the ePTFE market. Manufacturers of ePTFE are mainly focusing on emerging countries such as India, China, GCC Countries, etc., where there is ample scope for expansion. Furthermore, rising demand, owing to technological advancements as well as industrial development in these economies, has created opportunities for the growth of the ePTFE market.
- ePTFE is being widely used in several end-use applications such as automotive, aerospace, chemicals, electronics, etc., for providing leakage protection. ePTFE, as compared to other types of poly-vents, provide better protection against temperature change, moisture, heat, etc.
ePTFE Market: Competition Landscape
Some of the key players in the global ePTFE market that are included in the report are
- W.L. Gore & Associates, Inc.
- Interstate Specialty Products
- SABEU GmbH & Co. KG
- Saya Packaging
- MOCAP LLC
- Sanghvi Techno Products
- CLARCOR Industrial Air
- Milvent Technology Co., Ltd.
- Technology International.
ePTFE Market: Key Developments
- Key manufacturers in the global ePTFE market are focusing on product launches and expansion through investments in research & development. In recent years, it has also been observed that, key participants in the ePTFE market are increasing their popularity owing to increasing preference for automotive and chemical end uses.
- In January 2019, W.L. Gore & Associates, Inc. introduced new advancement of MEMS Microphone Manufacturing Process for its ePTFE production.
- In October 2018, W.L. Gore & Associates, Inc. launched snap-in ePTFE poly-vents, which are 30% smaller and lighter than standard poly-vents.
- In May 2017, W.L. Gore & Associates, Inc. designed new adhesive vent “AVS 110” for its ePTFE.
- In July 2016, W.L. Gore & Associates, Inc. launched two new innovative ePTFE solutions.
- In November 2015, the company introduced high airflow ePTFE, which provide better flammability resistance.
ePTFE Market: Introduction
Transparency Market Research (TMR), in its recent study, tracks the evolution of ePTFE as an expanded polymer of Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE), by keeping the applications of poly-vents in mind. Poly-vents have come a long way and find numerous applications in numerous end-use industries. Moving a level up in terms of characteristics, PTFE poly-vents have been spectating high adoption in a large number of applications.
The adoption of PTFE poly-vents has been growing at a moderate pace, which sets the tone for the adoption of expanded Polytetrafluoroethylene (ePTFE) in the future, and the same has been included in this exclusive study. However, the scope of the report focuses on the growth of the ePTFE market during the forecast period of 2019-2027.
The research report aims at aiding readers of the ePTFE market study, so that they can make well-informed business decisions. This exclusive study on the ePTFE market offers an incisive outlook regarding the potential growth of the market by analyzing the key drivers, opportunities, threats, and restraints.
The global report analyzes the macroeconomic as well as microeconomic factors that help in identifying the key growth opportunities for the ePTFE market during the forecast period of 2019-2027.
The ePTFE market has been estimated in terms of volume (tonnes) and value (US$ Mn). Key insights included in this comprehensive study will aid stakeholders of the ePTFE market in identifying key opportunities for the advancement of their businesses. This detailed report highlights leading as well as prominent players operating in the ePTFE market.
This comprehensive research report provides key insights regarding market players, along with their financials, business strategies, and key developments. This will aid stakeholders of the ePTFE market in steering their businesses in the direction of growth.
This exclusive research report on the ePTFE market provides an incisive outlook of the market attractiveness by assessing key segments. The ePTFE market has been bifurcated on the basis of end-use industry and region. This comprehensive study also provides a detailed country-wise assessment of the ePTFE market, in order to understand the demand and supply of the ePTFE market.
Each of the segments included in this report have been assessed in detail in order to acquire valuable insights into the ePTFE market. The research study on the ePTFE market provides an assessment of the historical and current trends impacting the growth of each segment. In addition, it also involves value chain analysis, Y-o-Y growth analysis, and supply chain analysis.
Chemicals & Cleaners
Electronics & Electricals
Middle East and Africa
Food and Beverages
Key Questions Answered
This detailed report authored by our seasoned analysts aims at resolving the key concerns regarding the growth of the ePTFE market. This detailed guide offers salient answers to the questions concerning stakeholders of the ePTFE market. Some of the key questions answered in this exclusive guide include:
- What is the consumption scenario of ePTFE in terms of volume and value during the forecast period?
- What are the key drivers influencing the growth of the ePTFE market?
- How will the ePTFE market evolve during the forecast period?
- What are the key challenges and threats restraining the growth of the ePTFE market?
- What are the macroeconomic and microeconomic factors shaping the growth of the ePTFE market?
- Which end-use industries will remain key contributor in terms of value and volume during the forecast period?
Our analysts adopt a systematic approach to arrive at the statistics, numbers, and insights into the key trends and developments influencing the ePTFE market growth, which can help readers comprehend how the growth of the market will unfold over the course of the forecast period. Our analysts employ a systematic research methodology to conduct an analysis of the ePTFE market to obtain valuable information regarding market size.
Secondary resources that contribute to the development of this exclusive report include government documents, white papers, regulations, and research papers. Primary research has been carried out by our analysts, which involves conduction of interviews with industry experts, key opinion leaders, industry players, and business heads.