Epstein–Barr Virus Vaccines Market: Overview
- Epstein–Barr virus (EBV) is the principle cause of infectious mononucleosis that is associated with several malignancies, including gastric carcinoma, nasopharyngeal carcinoma, Burkitt lymphoma, Hodgkin lymphoma, and lymphomas in immunocompromised persons, as well as multiple sclerosis
- Vast number of research studies have linked Epstein–Barr virus to different cancers of the lymphatic system and lupus. For instance, according to the report from the Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center, in 2018, infection with the Epstein–Barr virus (EBV) increases the risk of developing multiple sclerosis. When the human body encounters foreign bodies such as virus or bacteria, it uses B-cells to produce antibodies to fight against these agents. However, in Epstein–Barr infections, the virus invades and takes control of B-cells.
- EBV is associated with several malignancies; the criteria for association of EBV with cancer includes finding the viral genome in every tumor cell, presence of viral gene expression, and evidence that EBV is clonal (or oligoclonal) in tumor cells
- According to an article published by the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI), every year, around 84,000 cases of gastric carcinoma; 78,000 cases of nasopharyngeal carcinoma; 29,000 cases of Hodgkin lymphoma; 7,000 cases of Burkitt lymphoma; and 2,000 cases of lymphoma in transplant recipients are associated with EBV
- Moreover, around 9% of gastric carcinomas are associated with EBV. More than 90% of gastric lymphoepitheliomas, 7% of moderately to well-differentiated adenocarcinomas, and 6% of poorly differentiated gastric adenocarcinomas are EBV-positive.
- The global Epstein–Barr virus vaccines market is projected to grow at a significant pace during the forecast period. Increase in incidence of Epstein–Barr infections and growing need for advanced therapeutics contribute to the growth of the global market.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Epstein–Barr Virus Vaccines Market Report
Key Drivers of Global Epstein–Barr Virus Vaccines Market
- Several universities are involved in frequent research & development activities for development of novel monovaccines. For instance, since 2017, University of Kansas School of Engineering and School of Pharmacy is studying genetics of human immune responses to produce a potent vaccine for Epstein–Barr virus or EBV. Such increasing research activities by various organizations for development of novel vaccines for EBV are expected to drive the global Epstein–Barr virus vaccine market.
- For instance, according to data published by the Cancer Research U.K., in 2014, around 62,400 cases of Hodgkin’s lymphoma were recorded worldwide, out of which around 28,600 cases were associated with Epstein–Barr virus. According to the same source, it was estimated that EBV is responsible for an estimated 45% of Hodgkin’s lymphoma in the U.K., annually.
- According to data published by the Cancer Research U.K. in 2014, EBV is a very common virus that can increase the risk of nasopharyngeal cancer. According to the same source, around 80,000 cases of nasopharyngeal carcinoma were reported worldwide annually, out of which around 78,100 cases were associated with Epstein–Barr virus.
- High prevalence of various diseases related to EBV virus is expected to rise the demand for its vaccine in the near future
North America to Account for Major Share of Global Market
- North America is projected to account for prominent share of the global Epstein–Barr virus vaccines market during the forecast period. High incidence rate of EBV infection, high diagnosis rate, well-developed health care infrastructure, and large number of research & development activities are anticipated to boost the market in the region.
- Increase in incidence of chronic diseases, government interventions in enhancing health care facilities, and rise in disposable income in countries in Asia and the Middle East are projected to boost the growth of the Epstein–Barr virus vaccines market in these regions
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Epstein–Barr Virus Vaccines Market Report
Key Players Operating in Global Epstein–Barr Virus Vaccines Market
There are huge unmet needs in Epstein–Barr virus vaccines market. Most of the organizations engaged in development of Epstein–Barr virus vaccines are research institutes, there are few private players who are investing to develop new Epstein–Barr virus vaccines. Major players and research institutes operating in the global Epstein–Barr virus vaccines market are:
- GlaxoSmithKline Plc
- National Institutes of Health
- Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
- German Cancer Research Institute
- University of Minnesota
- Genocea Biosciences, Inc.
- Cancer Research UK
Global Epstein–Barr Virus Vaccines Market: Research Scope
Global Epstein–Barr Virus Vaccines Market, by Application
- Gastric Carcinomas
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Nasopharyngeal Carcinoma
- Endemic Burkitt’s Lymphoma
- Hodgkin’s Lymphoma
Global Epstein–Barr Virus Vaccines Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.