Epstein–Barr Virus Vaccines Market: Overview
- Epstein–Barr virus (EBV) is the principle cause of infectious mononucleosis that is associated with several malignancies, including gastric carcinoma, nasopharyngeal carcinoma, Burkitt lymphoma, Hodgkin lymphoma, and lymphomas in immunocompromised persons, as well as multiple sclerosis
- Vast number of research studies have linked Epstein–Barr virus to different cancers of the lymphatic system and lupus. For instance, according to the report from the Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center, in 2018, infection with the Epstein–Barr virus (EBV) increases the risk of developing multiple sclerosis. When the human body encounters foreign bodies such as virus or bacteria, it uses B-cells to produce antibodies to fight against these agents. However, in Epstein–Barr infections, the virus invades and takes control of B-cells.
- EBV is associated with several malignancies; the criteria for association of EBV with cancer includes finding the viral genome in every tumor cell, presence of viral gene expression, and evidence that EBV is clonal (or oligoclonal) in tumor cells
- According to an article published by the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI), every year, around 84,000 cases of gastric carcinoma; 78,000 cases of nasopharyngeal carcinoma; 29,000 cases of Hodgkin lymphoma; 7,000 cases of Burkitt lymphoma; and 2,000 cases of lymphoma in transplant recipients are associated with EBV
- Moreover, around 9% of gastric carcinomas are associated with EBV. More than 90% of gastric lymphoepitheliomas, 7% of moderately to well-differentiated adenocarcinomas, and 6% of poorly differentiated gastric adenocarcinomas are EBV-positive.
- The global Epstein–Barr virus vaccines market is projected to grow at a significant pace during the forecast period. Increase in incidence of Epstein–Barr infections and growing need for advanced therapeutics contribute to the growth of the global market.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Epstein–Barr Virus Vaccines Market Report
Key Drivers of Global Epstein–Barr Virus Vaccines Market
- Several universities are involved in frequent research & development activities for development of novel monovaccines. For instance, since 2017, University of Kansas School of Engineering and School of Pharmacy is studying genetics of human immune responses to produce a potent vaccine for Epstein–Barr virus or EBV. Such increasing research activities by various organizations for development of novel vaccines for EBV are expected to drive the global Epstein–Barr virus vaccine market.
- For instance, according to data published by the Cancer Research U.K., in 2014, around 62,400 cases of Hodgkin’s lymphoma were recorded worldwide, out of which around 28,600 cases were associated with Epstein–Barr virus. According to the same source, it was estimated that EBV is responsible for an estimated 45% of Hodgkin’s lymphoma in the U.K., annually.
- According to data published by the Cancer Research U.K. in 2014, EBV is a very common virus that can increase the risk of nasopharyngeal cancer. According to the same source, around 80,000 cases of nasopharyngeal carcinoma were reported worldwide annually, out of which around 78,100 cases were associated with Epstein–Barr virus.
- High prevalence of various diseases related to EBV virus is expected to rise the demand for its vaccine in the near future
North America to Account for Major Share of Global Market
- North America is projected to account for prominent share of the global Epstein–Barr virus vaccines market during the forecast period. High incidence rate of EBV infection, high diagnosis rate, well-developed health care infrastructure, and large number of research & development activities are anticipated to boost the market in the region.
- Increase in incidence of chronic diseases, government interventions in enhancing health care facilities, and rise in disposable income in countries in Asia and the Middle East are projected to boost the growth of the Epstein–Barr virus vaccines market in these regions
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Epstein–Barr Virus Vaccines Market Report
Key Players Operating in Global Epstein–Barr Virus Vaccines Market
There are huge unmet needs in Epstein–Barr virus vaccines market. Most of the organizations engaged in development of Epstein–Barr virus vaccines are research institutes, there are few private players who are investing to develop new Epstein–Barr virus vaccines. Major players and research institutes operating in the global Epstein–Barr virus vaccines market are:
- GlaxoSmithKline Plc
- National Institutes of Health
- Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
- German Cancer Research Institute
- University of Minnesota
- Genocea Biosciences, Inc.
- Cancer Research UK
Global Epstein–Barr Virus Vaccines Market: Research Scope
Global Epstein–Barr Virus Vaccines Market, by Application
- Gastric Carcinomas
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Nasopharyngeal Carcinoma
- Endemic Burkitt’s Lymphoma
- Hodgkin’s Lymphoma
Global Epstein–Barr Virus Vaccines Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.