Epistaxis is a condition that results in uncertain nose bleeding from either of the nostrils. This clinical condition is usually classified as posterior epistaxis and anterior epistaxis based on the site where the bleeding originates. According to The New England Journal of Medicine, around 60% of people worldwide have faced epistaxis at least once during their lifetime, and out of these, 6% patients required medical treatment. The prevalence of Epistaxis is high in children less than 10 years of age and people over the age of 35 years.
Epistaxis is usually caused by local trauma, including nasal infection and even nose picking. Environmental factors causing epistaxis include lack of humidity in the atmosphere, dry climate, or prolonged inhalation of dry air. People who are on medications such as clopidogrel, warfarin, aspirin, or any other anticoagulant medications are more susceptible to epistaxis. Other predisposing factors such as, cocaine snorting, allergic and non-allergic rhinitis, alcohol abuse, hypertension, and inherited bleeding problems also lead to epistaxis. Epistaxis Devices are used in the treatment of nosebleed. Epistaxis devices includes nasal tampons, nasal catheters and others
To Know More about TMRs Unique Offerings for Epistaxis Devices Market, Request a Brochure here
Global Epistaxis Devices Market: Competitive Landscape
Major players have adopted strategies such as partnerships, agreements, new product development, and collaborations to gain competitive advantage in the global epistaxis devices market.
- In 2016, Smith & Nephew launched a range of epistaxis devices with RAPID RHINO technology that has blend of carboxymethylcellulose
- Founded in 1943, Teleflex Corporation is based in Wayne, New Jersey, U.S. The company has a diverse product portfolio with solutions in fields such as interventional access, vascular access, cardiology, anesthesia, surgical care, respiratory care, and emergency services. It provides epistaxis devices such as epistaxis catheters to offer rapid and effective control of nasal bleeding.
- Established in 1949, Medtronic is based in Minneapolis, U.S. The company operates through four main business segments: Cardiac & Vascular Group, Minimally Invasive Therapies Group, Restorative Therapies Group and Diabetes Group. Medtronic operates in 160 countries across 480 locations globally, serving more than 65 million patients. It holds more than 45,000 patents in the medical technology industry. Medtronic offers nasal packaging products including bioresorbable and biofragmentable nasal packing, which help control bleeding and heal wounds.
Smith & Nephew plc
- Founded in 1856, Smith & Nephew plc engages in the development, manufacture, and sale of medical devices for advanced surgeries and wound care management. The company distributes its products in more than 90 countries across Europe, North America, Asia Pacific, and Middle East & Africa. The company has a broad product portfolio for treatment of epistaxis.
- Founded in 1941, Stryker Corporation (Stryker) is a medical technology company which offers a diverse array of innovative products and services in orthopedics, medical and surgical, neurotechnology, and spine products. Stryker operates in the U.S., EMEA, Asia Pacific, Canada, and Latin America. Stryker provides a wide range of products for the treatment of epistaxis including bioresorbable and dissolvable nasal packing products such as XeroGel, NasoPore, and HemoPore.
Looking for Customized Insights to build your Business for Future, Ask for a Custom Report here
Global Epistaxis Devices Market: Dynamics
Increasing Prevalence of Hypertension and Change in Environment to Boost Market
Hypertension is highly susceptible to hemorrhage are leading causes of epistaxis. According to Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), high blood pressure happens in 1 in every 12 to 17 pregnancies among women ages 20 to 44. Furthermore, air pollution is a major factor which is likely to cause epistaxis. Breathing polluted air is more prone to cause epistaxis. According to World Economic Forum, more than 9 out of 10 people breathe polluted air. All these factors are likely to boost the global epistaxis devices market.
Focus on Launch of Innovative Products to Boost Epistaxis Devices Market
Manufacturers operating in the epistaxis devices market are strongly focusing on increasing investments in research & development activities to design and develop new and innovative epistaxis devices. For instance, Stryker has an innovative product, XeroGel, which is a unique blend of polyethylene glycol (PEG) and chitosan, for a comfortable post-operative experience for patients.
Global Epistaxis Devices Market: Segmentation
Based on product type, the global epistaxis devices market can be divided into:
- Nasal Tampons
- Nasal Catheters
In terms of application, the global epistaxis devices market can be classified into:
- Anterior Epistaxis
- Posterior Epistaxis
Based on end-user, the global epistaxis devices market can be categorized into:
- Home Care Settings
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.