Epinephrine Injection Market: Introduction
- Epinephrine or adrenaline is a hormone secreted by adrenal glands in the blood stream. It is one of the two common hormones (the other being glucagon) that is responsible for glycogen breakdown. Under strenuous conditions, signals are transmitted to brain and brain, in turn, sends nerve impulses to the adrenal glands in kidneys and results in release or secretion of epinephrine leading to elevated levels of blood pressure along with increased muscle strength and high sugar metabolism.
- Presence of this hormone is essential for the body to maintain cardiovascular homeostasis as epinephrine can divert blood to tissues under stress. Epinephrine is used as a vasoconstrictor in shock, as a stimulant during cardiac arrest, and as an antispasmodic and bronchodilator in bronchial asthma.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Epinephrine Injection Market Report
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Epinephrine Injection Market
- During cardiac arrest, maximum amount of blood flow in the coronary artery is needed and this is facilitated when epinephrine is injected into an intravenous solution. Epinephrine has effects on various parts of the body such as liver, skin, heart, and lungs. For instance, in lungs, epinephrine causes the relaxation of smooth muscles of lungs. Patients suffering from asthma have constricted lung passages that are prone to inflammation and swelling. This results in coughing, wheezing, and shortness of breath. Inhalation of epinephrine in small doses causes the widening of bronchial tubes, thereby allowing the air to pass through and provides short term relief.
- Epinephrine injections are commonly used against life threatening allergic reactions caused by medications, insect bites, and stings. Epinephrine injections are available as prefilled automatic injection devices with the hormone in the liquid form. Epinephrine is a class of medications called alpha and beta adrenergic agonists and these medications work by tightening the blood vessels and relaxing the muscles in the airway. The methodology for preparation and use of these injectors is dependent on different brands available in the market. This injection is usually administered on thighs and effects of this medication are fast and quick but not long lasting. Epinephrine has both mild and serious side-effects such as high blood pressure, severe headache, blurred vision, chest pain, uneven heartbeats, dizziness, nausea, and vomiting.
- Some of the major factors favoring the growth of this market are increase in number of patient population susceptible to several allergic reactions and increased focus of market players toward development of chlorofluorocarbon (CFC) free epinephrine auto-injectors. This is majorly due to the ban on the use of CFC as a propellant inhaler by the U.S. government.
Secondary Adrenal Insufficiency Segment to Lead Global Market
- The global epinephrine injection market can be segmented based on product type, application, distribution channel, and region
- In terms of product type, the global epinephrine injection market can be divided into auto-injectors, prefilled syringes, and vials & ampoules. Auto-injectors is projected to be the fastest growing segment of epinephrine injection market. On the basis of application, the market can be segmented into anaphylaxis, cardiac arrest, respiratory disorders, and others.
- Based on distribution channel, the global epinephrine injection market can be classified into hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies, and online pharmacies
Asia Pacific to Present Lucrative Opportunities in Global Epinephrine Injection Market
- The global epinephrine injection market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America has been dominating the global market due to high quality health care infrastructure, better research & development initiatives and programs, and better reimbursement policies in the region. The market in Asia Pacific is expected to grow at a fast pace during the forecast period. Indigenous production for therapy and diagnostics along with government initiatives, increased public awareness, and reduction in cost are the major drivers for the market growth in these geographies.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Epinephrine Injection Market Report
Key Players Operating in Global Epinephrine Injection Market
Leading players in the global epinephrine injection market include:
- Pfizer, Inc.
- Mylan Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Teva Pharmaceuticals Industries Ltd
- Impax Laboratories, LLC
Global Epinephrine Injection Market: Research Scope
Global Epinephrine Injection Market, by Product Type
- Prefilled Syringes
- Vials & Ampoules
Global Epinephrine Injection Market, by Source
- Cardiac Arrest
- Respiratory Disorders
Global Epinephrine Injection Market, by Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
Global Epinephrine Injection Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.