Epinephrine Injection Market: Introduction
- Epinephrine or adrenaline is a hormone secreted by adrenal glands in the blood stream. It is one of the two common hormones (the other being glucagon) that is responsible for glycogen breakdown. Under strenuous conditions, signals are transmitted to brain and brain, in turn, sends nerve impulses to the adrenal glands in kidneys and results in release or secretion of epinephrine leading to elevated levels of blood pressure along with increased muscle strength and high sugar metabolism.
- Presence of this hormone is essential for the body to maintain cardiovascular homeostasis as epinephrine can divert blood to tissues under stress. Epinephrine is used as a vasoconstrictor in shock, as a stimulant during cardiac arrest, and as an antispasmodic and bronchodilator in bronchial asthma.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Epinephrine Injection Market Report
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Epinephrine Injection Market
- During cardiac arrest, maximum amount of blood flow in the coronary artery is needed and this is facilitated when epinephrine is injected into an intravenous solution. Epinephrine has effects on various parts of the body such as liver, skin, heart, and lungs. For instance, in lungs, epinephrine causes the relaxation of smooth muscles of lungs. Patients suffering from asthma have constricted lung passages that are prone to inflammation and swelling. This results in coughing, wheezing, and shortness of breath. Inhalation of epinephrine in small doses causes the widening of bronchial tubes, thereby allowing the air to pass through and provides short term relief.
- Epinephrine injections are commonly used against life threatening allergic reactions caused by medications, insect bites, and stings. Epinephrine injections are available as prefilled automatic injection devices with the hormone in the liquid form. Epinephrine is a class of medications called alpha and beta adrenergic agonists and these medications work by tightening the blood vessels and relaxing the muscles in the airway. The methodology for preparation and use of these injectors is dependent on different brands available in the market. This injection is usually administered on thighs and effects of this medication are fast and quick but not long lasting. Epinephrine has both mild and serious side-effects such as high blood pressure, severe headache, blurred vision, chest pain, uneven heartbeats, dizziness, nausea, and vomiting.
- Some of the major factors favoring the growth of this market are increase in number of patient population susceptible to several allergic reactions and increased focus of market players toward development of chlorofluorocarbon (CFC) free epinephrine auto-injectors. This is majorly due to the ban on the use of CFC as a propellant inhaler by the U.S. government.
Secondary Adrenal Insufficiency Segment to Lead Global Market
- The global epinephrine injection market can be segmented based on product type, application, distribution channel, and region
- In terms of product type, the global epinephrine injection market can be divided into auto-injectors, prefilled syringes, and vials & ampoules. Auto-injectors is projected to be the fastest growing segment of epinephrine injection market. On the basis of application, the market can be segmented into anaphylaxis, cardiac arrest, respiratory disorders, and others.
- Based on distribution channel, the global epinephrine injection market can be classified into hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies, and online pharmacies
Asia Pacific to Present Lucrative Opportunities in Global Epinephrine Injection Market
- The global epinephrine injection market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America has been dominating the global market due to high quality health care infrastructure, better research & development initiatives and programs, and better reimbursement policies in the region. The market in Asia Pacific is expected to grow at a fast pace during the forecast period. Indigenous production for therapy and diagnostics along with government initiatives, increased public awareness, and reduction in cost are the major drivers for the market growth in these geographies.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Epinephrine Injection Market Report
Key Players Operating in Global Epinephrine Injection Market
Leading players in the global epinephrine injection market include:
- Pfizer, Inc.
- Mylan Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Teva Pharmaceuticals Industries Ltd
- Impax Laboratories, LLC
Global Epinephrine Injection Market: Research Scope
Global Epinephrine Injection Market, by Product Type
- Prefilled Syringes
- Vials & Ampoules
Global Epinephrine Injection Market, by Source
- Cardiac Arrest
- Respiratory Disorders
Global Epinephrine Injection Market, by Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
Global Epinephrine Injection Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.