Epinephrine Injection Market: Introduction
- Epinephrine or adrenaline is a hormone secreted by adrenal glands in the blood stream. It is one of the two common hormones (the other being glucagon) that is responsible for glycogen breakdown. Under strenuous conditions, signals are transmitted to brain and brain, in turn, sends nerve impulses to the adrenal glands in kidneys and results in release or secretion of epinephrine leading to elevated levels of blood pressure along with increased muscle strength and high sugar metabolism.
- Presence of this hormone is essential for the body to maintain cardiovascular homeostasis as epinephrine can divert blood to tissues under stress. Epinephrine is used as a vasoconstrictor in shock, as a stimulant during cardiac arrest, and as an antispasmodic and bronchodilator in bronchial asthma.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Epinephrine Injection Market Report
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Epinephrine Injection Market
- During cardiac arrest, maximum amount of blood flow in the coronary artery is needed and this is facilitated when epinephrine is injected into an intravenous solution. Epinephrine has effects on various parts of the body such as liver, skin, heart, and lungs. For instance, in lungs, epinephrine causes the relaxation of smooth muscles of lungs. Patients suffering from asthma have constricted lung passages that are prone to inflammation and swelling. This results in coughing, wheezing, and shortness of breath. Inhalation of epinephrine in small doses causes the widening of bronchial tubes, thereby allowing the air to pass through and provides short term relief.
- Epinephrine injections are commonly used against life threatening allergic reactions caused by medications, insect bites, and stings. Epinephrine injections are available as prefilled automatic injection devices with the hormone in the liquid form. Epinephrine is a class of medications called alpha and beta adrenergic agonists and these medications work by tightening the blood vessels and relaxing the muscles in the airway. The methodology for preparation and use of these injectors is dependent on different brands available in the market. This injection is usually administered on thighs and effects of this medication are fast and quick but not long lasting. Epinephrine has both mild and serious side-effects such as high blood pressure, severe headache, blurred vision, chest pain, uneven heartbeats, dizziness, nausea, and vomiting.
- Some of the major factors favoring the growth of this market are increase in number of patient population susceptible to several allergic reactions and increased focus of market players toward development of chlorofluorocarbon (CFC) free epinephrine auto-injectors. This is majorly due to the ban on the use of CFC as a propellant inhaler by the U.S. government.
Secondary Adrenal Insufficiency Segment to Lead Global Market
- The global epinephrine injection market can be segmented based on product type, application, distribution channel, and region
- In terms of product type, the global epinephrine injection market can be divided into auto-injectors, prefilled syringes, and vials & ampoules. Auto-injectors is projected to be the fastest growing segment of epinephrine injection market. On the basis of application, the market can be segmented into anaphylaxis, cardiac arrest, respiratory disorders, and others.
- Based on distribution channel, the global epinephrine injection market can be classified into hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies, and online pharmacies
Asia Pacific to Present Lucrative Opportunities in Global Epinephrine Injection Market
- The global epinephrine injection market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America has been dominating the global market due to high quality health care infrastructure, better research & development initiatives and programs, and better reimbursement policies in the region. The market in Asia Pacific is expected to grow at a fast pace during the forecast period. Indigenous production for therapy and diagnostics along with government initiatives, increased public awareness, and reduction in cost are the major drivers for the market growth in these geographies.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Epinephrine Injection Market Report
Key Players Operating in Global Epinephrine Injection Market
Leading players in the global epinephrine injection market include:
- Pfizer, Inc.
- Mylan Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Teva Pharmaceuticals Industries Ltd
- Impax Laboratories, LLC
Global Epinephrine Injection Market: Research Scope
Global Epinephrine Injection Market, by Product Type
- Prefilled Syringes
- Vials & Ampoules
Global Epinephrine Injection Market, by Source
- Cardiac Arrest
- Respiratory Disorders
Global Epinephrine Injection Market, by Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
Global Epinephrine Injection Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.