Epinephrine Auto-Injector: Introduction
- Epinephrine, also called adrenaline, is a neurotransmitter and hormone produced by the adrenal glands. Epinephrine can also be utilized as a medication due to its numerous important functions. It is a class of medication called alpha- adrenergic agonists and beta-adrenergic agonists (sympathomimetic agents). It works by tightening the blood vessels and relaxing the muscles in the airways.
- Epinephrine injection is indicated for the emergency treatment of allergic reactions including insect bite, anaphylaxis to stinging insects, diagnostic testing substances, drugs, foods, allergen immunotherapy and other allergens, as well as exercise-induced anaphylaxis or idiopathic anaphylaxis
- Epinephrine auto-injector is as a prefilled automatic injection device containing a liquid to inject it intramuscularly or subcutaneously
- EpiPen (Epinephrine in the form of auto-injector) has been available in the U.S since 1987
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Epinephrine Auto-Injector Market
Key Drivers of Global Epinephrine Auto-Injector Market
- Increase in the prevalence of allergies related to latex, food additives, dust, and food items and associated anaphylaxis across the globe is expected to drive the epinephrine auto-injector market during the forecast period
- An increase in new product approvals and new product launches by key players in the market is also expected to drive the epinephrine auto-injector market during the forecast period
- For instance, in August 2018, Teva Pharmaceuticals received approval from Food and Drug Administration to market its generic epinephrine auto-injector in two strengths 0.3 mg and 0.15 mg in the U.S.
0.30 mg Segment Expected to Expand Rapidly
- Based on dosage, the global epinephrine auto-injector market can be divided into 0.15 mg, 0.30 mg, and 0.50 mg
- The 0.30 mg segment of the global epinephrine auto-injector market is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period
- Rise in the volume sales of generic epinephrine auto-injectors is expected to drive the segment during the forecast period
Home care Segment to Offer Attractive Opportunities
- In terms of end-user, the global epinephrine auto-injector market can be classified into hospitals, clinics, home care, and others
- The home care segment is expected to offer significant opportunities during the forecast period
- Increase in the demand for self-management of anaphylaxis is expected to drive the home care segment during the forecast period
North America to Dominate the Global Epinephrine Auto-Injector Market
- In terms of region, the global epinephrine auto-injector market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America is projected to dominate the global epinephrine auto-injector market during the forecast period.
- Increase in the number of people with various types of allergies, the availability of low-cost generic epinephrine auto-injectors, and high rate of adoption of generic epinephrine auto-injectors in the U.S. is expected to drive the epinephrine auto-injector market in the region during the forecast period
- According to a study published in the JAMA Network 2019, about 10.8%, i.e. more than 26 million of adults in the U.S., are food allergic; however, approximately 19% of adults believe that they have a food allergy
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Key Players Operating in Global Epinephrine Auto-Injector Market
The global epinephrine auto-injector market is concentrated due to the presence of international and few local players. Key players operating in the global epinephrine auto-injector market are:
- Lincoln Medical Ltd.
- Mylan NV
- Novartis AG
- Pfizer Inc.
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- Adamis Pharmaceuticals Corp.
- ALK-Abello AS
- Amneal Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Bausch Health Companies, Inc.
- kaleo Inc.
Global Epinephrine Auto-Injector Market: Research Scope
Global Epinephrine Auto-Injector Market, by Dosage
- 0.15 mg
- 0.30 mg
- 0.50 mg
Global Epinephrine Auto-Injector Market, by Age Group
- Under 6 Years Patients
- 6 to 12 Years Patients
- Over 12 Years Patients
Global Epinephrine Auto-Injector Market, by End-user
- Home Care
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.