Enzymatic Wound Debridement Market: Introduction
- Debridement is a procedure to remove the infectious and dead tissues to heal the wound. Enzymatic debridement is one of the selective methods used for wound debridement.
- Enzymes used in the wound debridement method break down collagen and other proteins that are required for growth of the infectious tissues. They also aid in removing the dead tissues from the wound.
- Rise in the prevalence of chronic diseases such as diabetes and autoimmune diseases and surge in geriatric population are anticipated to drive the global enzymatic wound debridement market during the forecast period
Get a Glimpse of the In-Depth Analysis through our Enzymatic Wound Debridement Market Report Brochure
Key Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities for Global Enzymatic Wound Debridement Market
- Changes in lifestyle, unhealthy diet, and reduced physical activity are leading to prevalence of chronic diseases. Thus, increase in the number of people with chronic disease is likely fuel the global market for enzymatic wound debridement during the forecast period.
- For instance, according to American Diabetes Association, Inc., the rate of incidence of foot ulcer caused by diabetes is approximately 2% in western countries
- According to the Division of Education of American College of Surgeons, 1%–2% of people in developed countries suffer from chronic wounds once in their lifetime
- Moreover, surge in geriatric population and rising number of traumatic injuries are likely to fuel the global enzymatic wound debridement market during the forecast period
- Growth of the global market can also be attributed to increase in the prevalence of foot ulcers, pressure ulcers, and venous ulcers. For instance, according to an article published in BMC Res Notes, pressure ulcer is one of the major health issues in high- and middle-income countries.
- Introduction of technologically advanced products is also anticipated to drive the global enzymatic wound debridement market from 2019 to 2027. For instance, the “non-touch application” product is one of the innovative developments available in the spray emulsion form.
- On the other hand, high costs associated with chronic wounds treatment is a key factor likely to hamper the global enzymatic wound debridement market in the next few years. For instance, according to an article published in Journal of Medical Economics, the direct cost associated with collagenase debridement is higher than that of hydrogel debridement.
- Besides, enzymatic debridement is a slow process and it has limitations to be applied for patients with advanced wounds, highly infected wounds, and known contraindications for enzymes such as collagenase and pepsin. Various alternative wound debridement procedures are available, which offer advantages over enzymatic wound debridement.
- Rising awareness about the treatment of chronic diseases and surge in the number of patients with diabetic foot ulcer in developing countries create a lucrative opportunity for the global enzymatic wound debridement market
Collagenase-based Products for Enzymatic Wound Debridement to Witness High Demand
- Abundant availability of collagenase-based products for enzymatic wound debridement and their availability in various forms, such as gels, ointments, and dressings, augment the ease of their application and thereby propel their adoption
- Collagenase-based enzymatic wound debridement products have a wide range of indications. They also have a high patient compliance rate and less contraindications. This is likely to propel the adoption of these products during the forecast period.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Enzymatic Wound Debridement Market Report
North America to Hold a Major Share of Global Enzymatic Wound Debridement Market
- North America is expected to hold a major share of the global enzymatic wound debridement market between 2019 and 2027, due to early adoption of technologically advanced products, rising health care costs, and increase in the prevalence of obesity and diabetes. For instance, according to an article published in the Journal of Clinical Medicine, the rate of annual incidence of diabetic foot ulcer is about 2% to 5%. According to an article published in Wound Repair and Regeneration, every year, around US$ 11 Bn are spent on the treatment of pressure ulcer in the U.S.
- The enzymatic wound debridement market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, owing to surge in geriatric population with diabetes. For instance, according to an article published in Medicine Update, lack of knowledge about foot care and sociocultural practices are factors leading to increase in the prevalence of foot care complications in India. It also states that the rate of prevalence of diabetic foot ulcer in the clinical population in India is 3.6%. According to an article published in The Open Public Health Journal, a study conducted in Palestine between September 2017 and October 2017, the rate of prevalence of pressure ulcer was 33% in intensive care unit (ICU) departments in the country.
Key Players Operating in Global Enzymatic Wound Debridement Market
Key players operating in the global enzymatic wound debridement market are engaged in expanding their presence and introducing technologically advanced products. A large number of manufacturers hold a major share of the market in their respective regions. Leading players operating in the global enzymatic wound debridement market are:
- B. Braun Melsungen AG
- ConvaTec Inc.
- Integra LifeSciences Corporation
- Healthpoint, Ltd
Global Enzymatic Wound Debridement Market: Research Scope
Global Enzymatic Wound Debridement Market, by Product
- Collagenase-based Products
- Papain-based Products
Global Enzymatic Wound Debridement Market, by Dosage Form
- Ointment - Topical
- Spray Emulsion
Global Enzymatic Wound Debridement Market, by Application
- Dermal Ulcer
- Dry Wound
Global Enzymatic Wound Debridement Market, by Region
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.