Enzymatic Wound Debridement Market: Introduction
- Debridement is a procedure to remove the infectious and dead tissues to heal the wound. Enzymatic debridement is one of the selective methods used for wound debridement.
- Enzymes used in the wound debridement method break down collagen and other proteins that are required for growth of the infectious tissues. They also aid in removing the dead tissues from the wound.
- Rise in the prevalence of chronic diseases such as diabetes and autoimmune diseases and surge in geriatric population are anticipated to drive the global enzymatic wound debridement market during the forecast period
Get a Glimpse of the In-Depth Analysis through our Enzymatic Wound Debridement Market Report Brochure
Key Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities for Global Enzymatic Wound Debridement Market
- Changes in lifestyle, unhealthy diet, and reduced physical activity are leading to prevalence of chronic diseases. Thus, increase in the number of people with chronic disease is likely fuel the global market for enzymatic wound debridement during the forecast period.
- For instance, according to American Diabetes Association, Inc., the rate of incidence of foot ulcer caused by diabetes is approximately 2% in western countries
- According to the Division of Education of American College of Surgeons, 1%–2% of people in developed countries suffer from chronic wounds once in their lifetime
- Moreover, surge in geriatric population and rising number of traumatic injuries are likely to fuel the global enzymatic wound debridement market during the forecast period
- Growth of the global market can also be attributed to increase in the prevalence of foot ulcers, pressure ulcers, and venous ulcers. For instance, according to an article published in BMC Res Notes, pressure ulcer is one of the major health issues in high- and middle-income countries.
- Introduction of technologically advanced products is also anticipated to drive the global enzymatic wound debridement market from 2019 to 2027. For instance, the “non-touch application” product is one of the innovative developments available in the spray emulsion form.
- On the other hand, high costs associated with chronic wounds treatment is a key factor likely to hamper the global enzymatic wound debridement market in the next few years. For instance, according to an article published in Journal of Medical Economics, the direct cost associated with collagenase debridement is higher than that of hydrogel debridement.
- Besides, enzymatic debridement is a slow process and it has limitations to be applied for patients with advanced wounds, highly infected wounds, and known contraindications for enzymes such as collagenase and pepsin. Various alternative wound debridement procedures are available, which offer advantages over enzymatic wound debridement.
- Rising awareness about the treatment of chronic diseases and surge in the number of patients with diabetic foot ulcer in developing countries create a lucrative opportunity for the global enzymatic wound debridement market
Collagenase-based Products for Enzymatic Wound Debridement to Witness High Demand
- Abundant availability of collagenase-based products for enzymatic wound debridement and their availability in various forms, such as gels, ointments, and dressings, augment the ease of their application and thereby propel their adoption
- Collagenase-based enzymatic wound debridement products have a wide range of indications. They also have a high patient compliance rate and less contraindications. This is likely to propel the adoption of these products during the forecast period.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Enzymatic Wound Debridement Market Report
North America to Hold a Major Share of Global Enzymatic Wound Debridement Market
- North America is expected to hold a major share of the global enzymatic wound debridement market between 2019 and 2027, due to early adoption of technologically advanced products, rising health care costs, and increase in the prevalence of obesity and diabetes. For instance, according to an article published in the Journal of Clinical Medicine, the rate of annual incidence of diabetic foot ulcer is about 2% to 5%. According to an article published in Wound Repair and Regeneration, every year, around US$ 11 Bn are spent on the treatment of pressure ulcer in the U.S.
- The enzymatic wound debridement market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, owing to surge in geriatric population with diabetes. For instance, according to an article published in Medicine Update, lack of knowledge about foot care and sociocultural practices are factors leading to increase in the prevalence of foot care complications in India. It also states that the rate of prevalence of diabetic foot ulcer in the clinical population in India is 3.6%. According to an article published in The Open Public Health Journal, a study conducted in Palestine between September 2017 and October 2017, the rate of prevalence of pressure ulcer was 33% in intensive care unit (ICU) departments in the country.
Key Players Operating in Global Enzymatic Wound Debridement Market
Key players operating in the global enzymatic wound debridement market are engaged in expanding their presence and introducing technologically advanced products. A large number of manufacturers hold a major share of the market in their respective regions. Leading players operating in the global enzymatic wound debridement market are:
- B. Braun Melsungen AG
- ConvaTec Inc.
- Integra LifeSciences Corporation
- Healthpoint, Ltd
Global Enzymatic Wound Debridement Market: Research Scope
Global Enzymatic Wound Debridement Market, by Product
- Collagenase-based Products
- Papain-based Products
Global Enzymatic Wound Debridement Market, by Dosage Form
- Ointment - Topical
- Spray Emulsion
Global Enzymatic Wound Debridement Market, by Application
- Dermal Ulcer
- Dry Wound
Global Enzymatic Wound Debridement Market, by Region
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.