Envelope Paper Market
Envelope Paper Market (Material: Bright White Paper/Wove, Kraft Paper, Colored Paper, and Specialty Paper; Basis Weight: Less than 80 GSM, 80 to 120 GSM, 120 to 180 GSM, and More than 180 GSM; Envelope Type: Baronial, A-Style, Square, Commercial, Booklet, and Catalog); and End Use: Postal Services, Logistics & Shipping, e-Commerce, and Institutional) – Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2019 - 2027
Glassine Outshines Ordinary Packaging in Envelope Paper Market
Eco-friendly glassine packaging is acquiring popularity in the envelope paper market. Several advantages of glassine are catching the attention of manufacturers as well as customers. For instance, JBM Packaging— a specialist in seed envelopes and seed packets, develops glassine envelopes that align with the growing demand for attractive design and precision construction for food products as well as medicinal packaging. On the other hand, manufacturers are exploring untapped opportunities in cannabis packaging and beauty care products.
Glassine is being highly publicized as a green and sustainable packaging solution for the development of food safe envelopes. Glassine envelopes are increasingly replacing plastic food packaging alternatives. Such drivers are boosting market growth, where the envelope paper market is estimated to reach a revenue of ~US$ 3.5 Bn by the end of 2027. On the other hand, companies in the market for envelope paper are strategically positioning glassine envelopes by offering services in custom printing.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Envelope Paper Market
Sound Environmental Choices and Sustainable Inventions Garner Attention at Interactive Exhibitions
Innovative and circular solutions have become the key focus points for companies in the market for envelope paper. Moreover, interactive exhibitions have paved the way for endless possibilities in paper products. For instance, in September 2019, the European Federation of Envelope Manufacturers and other institutions such as the Confederation of European Paper Industries, organized an interactive exhibition called ‘Paper Presents’, to introduce innovations in paper products. Likewise, circularity has become the core of production activities for companies in the envelope paper market.
Renewability and recyclability are the key measures taken by companies in the market for envelope paper to mitigate the repercussions of climate change. Since more number of manufacturers are participating in trade exhibitions, stakeholders are exposed to a variety of sustainable inventions. Since envelopes and mail are key means to reach citizens in remote corners of Europe, companies in the envelope paper market are focusing on business expansions in the region.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Extraordinary Possibilities in Custom Envelopes Help Stakeholders Achieve Increased Profits
Companies in the envelope paper market are generating new sources of revenue by tapping opportunities in custom envelopes and packaging. Merchandising displays and other innovative branding strategies are generating incremental opportunities for manufacturers. Manufacturers in the market for envelope paper are becoming increasingly aware that packaging is one of the key marketing tools that help stakeholders in the value chain earn exponential sales and profits. Hence, vendors are expanding their boundaries in custom envelopes to meet the demanding needs of stakeholders.
Packaging problem solvers, practitioners, and creative designs are becoming increasingly mainstream in the envelope paper market. On the other hand, open-end envelopes are acquiring prominence in the market landscape. Packaging companies are increasingly focusing on various technologies such as the EPIX™ technology, testing, and other innovative solutions that deliver a brand’s message to its target audience. Envelopes are becoming popular as functional and creative vehicles that protect the contents inside and promote the brand from the outside. Hence, companies are collaborating with stakeholders to meet their operational and branding needs.
Manufacturers Introduce Recyclable Corrugated Paper-padded Envelopes
The envelope paper market is growing continuously due to the high prominence of local and regional players, accounting for ~70-75% of the market stake. However, substitute products act as a threat to the market for envelope paper. For instance, in July 2019, German-based consumer goods company Henkel announced combining e-Commerce packaging and food service products with their innovative EPIX™ technology, which helped them gain global recognition by introducing eco-friendly mailers. Thus, innovative mailers are replacing conventional bubble envelopes for e-Commerce applications. Hence, companies in the envelope paper market are increasing their production capabilities in corrugated paper-padded envelopes to stay relevant in the market landscape.
Companies in the market for envelope paper are bolstering their credibility credentials by introducing recyclable corrugated paper-padded envelopes to meet the needs of eco-conscious customers. They are increasing research to innovate in corrugated paper-padded envelopes in order to tap opportunities in the ever-expanding e-Commerce sector.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on “Envelope Paper Market”
Renewability and recyclability are becoming key focus points for revenue generation in the envelope paper market. Glassine envelopes are a novel introduction for stakeholders in the value chain who are willing to provide their brand a high-end look and feel for packaging of food, beauty care, and medical products.
Corrugated paper-padded envelopes are acquiring prominence in the market landscape. However, the influx of digitization is hampering the market. Hence, packaging companies should explore alternative opportunities in custom and open-end envelopes that provide brands with increased visibility in the competitive market. Unique tactile elements such as coatings and specialty finishing including embossing and perforations are catching the attention of customers and stakeholders in the value chain.
Envelope Paper Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research's latest report on the envelope paper market for the historical period of 2014-2018 and forecast for 2019-2027, demand for direct mailing and rising e-Commerce practices are anticipated to propel growth of the envelope paper market. Globally, the envelope paper market was valued at ~US$ 3 Bn in 2018 and is anticipated to register a CAGR of ~2% during the forecast period of 2019-2027.
Factors Contributing to Consumption of Envelope Paper
- Marketing expenses on business envelopes tend to increase the economic cycle of the envelope paper market
- Government strategies play a significant part in changing a society’s use of digital connectivity, and are anticipated to improve prospects for players in the envelope paper
- Usage of envelopes in e-Commerce, though the volume is comparatively small, is expected to increase in the next decade, offering benefits for manufacturers of envelope paper
- Manufacturers of envelope paper can target companies offering tailor-made envelopes to contain relevant information for an individual customer with use of new digital printing technologies to make personalization easier
Direct Mailing to Improve Prospects for Envelope Paper Market
- Direct mail still accounts for 30% of the mail volumes in Europe. Its main value is that it is an effective medium to reach consumers as well as generate consumer responses
- Moreover, it is a trusted, controllable, and measurable medium, and thus, stands out in times where brand owners and agencies have started questioning the effectiveness of digital channels as a result of fake news and fraud issues online
- Direct mailing is also an easier way for businesses to remain in contact with their clients and increase brand value, as it is read by most people, and there are several other reasons for direct mail deliveries
- An envelope is the first thing that the consumer observes - it is the entry ticket, or the front-page of direct mail. The appearance of an envelope plays a role in shaping the consumer’s attitude toward the brand, as well as captures the interest of the reader
- Companies that strive to differentiate their brand from those of competitors may invest more in marketing material, including envelopes. Printing on envelopes offers brand owners an opportunity to add color, character, and some cases increase the life of the envelope. The decision can depend on the kind of mailing, the size of mailing, and budget.
Increasing Mill Closures to Reduce Paper Supply for Manufacturers in Envelope Paper Market
- The supply of woodfree uncoated (WFU) or uncoated freesheet (UFS) pulp, one of the major raw materials used for making envelope paper, has been reducing, particularly since 2017. From 2017 through the end of 2019, 1.2 million tons of UFS volume have been removed from the market.
- This has led to repurposing of machineries for substitute products and the shutting down of mills. This has been clear from Georgia-Pacific’s latest 2019 closure of its Port Hudson mill, removing about 0.63 million tons of UFS from the market.
- More mill closures and changes in product line are estimated to take place in the near future, which are factors that may hamper growth of the envelope paper market
- In the first half of 2020, the International Paper Company plans to reprocess 0.235 million tons of UFS to containerboard goods at its Riverdale Mill, Alabama
- Domtar Corporation declared its plans to reprocess 2.5 million tons of UFS to different paper products in the foreseeable future
- All these factors result in a great shortage in the overall UFS supply chain. This may have an adverse impact on the envelope paper market over the forecast period.
New Printing Technologies Adding Visual Appeal to Boost Sales of Envelope Paper
- Some improved flexographic printing services allow for more elaborate and high quality images as compared to conventional flexographic printing. Increase in adoption of such services is anticipated to improve demand for envelope paper.
- A high quality printing service provided by manufacturers is commercial lithographic printing - an indirect, offset type of printing that offers the highest-quality print on envelopes
- Lithographic printing is used on different envelope paper types, and has some key features - it creates excitement, is ideal for direct mailing, and engages recipients
- Lithographic printing continues to gain traction, as it enables the representation of complex images very well. The resulting glowing colors and clean details add an eye-catching effect to photographs, halftones, and fine screens.
- Use of such technology for branding and marketing is anticipated to increase, which may benefits players in the envelope paper market in the foreseeable future.
Envelope Paper Market: Competition Landscape
- The global envelope paper market is fragmented, with few bigger players and some small providers present in this market. Most of the key manufacturers have their base in North America and Europe. Manufacturers from these regions offer very high quality and specialty envelope paper as compared to those offered by manufacturers in other regions. However, the envelope paper offered by manufacturers in the European region is higher in terms of cost as compared to the cost of its counterparts in Asia Pacific region such as India and China. Most companies in the Asia Pacific are small-scale enterprises that produce smaller volumes, and cannot afford to import expensive envelope paper from the developed countries.
- Some key players operating in the global envelope paper market are International Paper Company,
- Mondi PLC, Domtar Corporation,
- UPM-Kymmene Oyj,
- Stora Enso Oyj,
- Neenah, Inc.,
- Lintec Corporation,
- JK Paper,
- Moorim Paper Co. Ltd., and
- Mohawk Paper Company
Envelope Paper Market - Scope of the Report
Transparency Market Research (TMR) published a new report on the global envelope paper market, providing forecast for 2019-2027. The report provides valuable insights, which will enable readers to make effective decisions for growth of their businesses. The report highlights significant factors constantly determining growth of the envelope paper market, offering untapped opportunities for manufacturers along with trends and developments, and other key insights across various key segments. Macroeconomic factors that are directly or indirectly affecting the growth of the market are also included in the report.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Envelope Paper Market Report
- What will be the market size for envelope paper by 2027?
- Which material is expected to be most preferred for envelope paper? Which is the most preferred envelope type in the global envelope paper market?
- Which region will remain the most lucrative for players in the global envelope paper market?
- Who are major service providers in the envelope paper industry?
Key indicators associated with the envelope paper market have been calculated thoroughly in the report. The report enumerates vital market dynamics, such as key drivers, challenges, and trends, along with opportunities in the global envelope paper market. A comprehensive study on the supply chain, which includes service providers and end users, is included in the global envelope paper market report. Other key aspects laid down in the report include the pricing strategy of leading market players and comparative analysis of the envelope paper market. Forecast factors and forecast scenarios of the envelope paper market have been covered in the report to help readers understand the prospects of the market.
A comprehensive evaluation and forecast on the envelope paper market is provided based on material, basis weight, envelope type, end use, and region.
Y-o-Y growth comparison, volume and revenue comparison, and market share comparison of various market segments have been provided in the report. The envelope paper market has been analyzed at both regional and country levels.
The report delivers an exhaustive assessment on the structure of the envelope paper market, in tandem with a dashboard view of all leading company profiles included in the report. The report indicates the presence of envelope paper manufacturers with an intensity map. It also highlights key end users in the envelope paper market.
Company profiles of key players in the envelope paper market have been incorporated in the report to analyze their recent developments, product offerings, financials, and strategies adopted to sustain their positions in the envelope paper market. Key companies profiled in the envelope paper market report include International Paper Company, Mondi PLC, Domtar Corporation, UPM-Kymmene Oyj, Stora Enso Oyj, Neenah, Inc., Lintec Corporation, JK Paper, Moorim Paper Co. Ltd., and Mohawk Paper Company.
A realistic methodology, along with a holistic approach makes the base for sharp insights, which are provided in the envelope paper market report. This TMR report comprises detailed information on growth prospects, along with riveting insights into the forecast assessment of the market.
Extensive primary and secondary research has been employed to obtain insights into the forecast study of the envelope paper market. The report has further undergone cross-validation by in-house professionals to make the envelope paper market report one-of-its-kind, with the highest credibility.
Envelope Paper Market: Segmentation
The global envelope paper market has been segmented on the basis of material, basis weight, envelope type, end use, and region. Each of these segments have been analyzed in detail to provide readers a holistic view of the industry.