Enterprise MLC (eMLC): Introduction
- Enterprise MLC (eMLC) is a type of multilevel cell flash (MLC) that has been enhanced to allow more write cycles than MLC flash provides for consumers
- eMLC has 10x the endurance of regular MLC, approaching parity with SLC at half the cost
- Single level cell (SLC) is faster and can endure more "Program-erase" write cycles, but MLC is less expensive to manufacture and therefore used in most consumer products such as digital cameras, smart phones, music players, and USB memory
- Individual MLC cells can only deliver 3,000 to 10,000 write cycles, while enterprise MLC cells can handle 20,000 to 30,000 write cycles. In the enterprise, an eMLC can serve as a compromise between low-cost MLC flash memory and very expensive single-cell flash memory (SLC).
- Usually, eMLC is 2 bit, while consumer MLC flash is 3 or 4 bit. The more bits a flash cell has, the fewer write cycles it would have, because eMLC flash media has more program cycles (P/E) than regular MLC. Moreover, it has better endurance and can withstand the workload required for enterprise applications.
- One of the main goals of eMLC vendors is to further improve write durability and make MLC flash as reliable and durable as SLC flash. Providers use numerous techniques to improve writing endurance, including:
- Distribute the input / output (I / O) evenly throughout the flash drive, an approach known as wear leveling
- Reducing write amplification
Rise in adoption of eMLC from Healthcare Industry
- Based on end-use industry, the healthcare segment of the enterprise MLC (eMLC) market is expected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period due to an increase in use of Enterprise MLC (eMLC) for ultrasound systems and MRI Machine applications
- Enterprise MLC (eMLC) is also utilized in several applications such as satellite, aircraft, MRI machine, and ultrasound systems, display, serial and USB devices, and mechanical ventilators.
- Moreover, ultrasound system is a dramatically expanding area of healthcare, seeking to deliver timely, comprehensive and record accurate information for healthcare applications
- Increase in adoption of enterprise MLC (eMLC) for various MRI machines, Ultrasound systems, and mechanical ventilators applications is further propelling the market
North America to Lead Global Enterprise MLC (eMLC) Market
- In terms of region, the global enterprise MLC (eMLC) market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- The enterprise MLC (eMLC) market in North America is anticipated to expand at a high growth rate during the forecast period
- This expansion is attributed to a wide range of applications of eMLC in various industries such healthcare industry because of new technological advancements. Thus, innovative advancements are expected to increase the demand for Enterprise MLC (eMLC).
- The enterprise MLC (eMLC) market in North America is expected to expand at a high growth rate due to the presence of major players in the region and increased competition among them. The market in Asia Pacific is likely to show a uniform growth rate during the forecast period because of the presence of a limited number of manufacturers in the region.
Key Players Operating in Global Enterprise MLC (eMLC) Market
The global enterprise MLC (eMLC) is highly fragmented, as a large number of medium and large enterprises are present. Rise in demand for enterprise MLC (eMLC) in the healthcare industry is prompting companies operating in the Enterprise MLC (eMLC) market to invest in research and development for further technological advancements in order to cater to the increasing demand.
Key players operating in the global enterprise MLC (eMLC) market include:
- Micron Technology, Inc
- Ma Laboratories, Inc
- Innodisk Corporation
- Kingmax Semiconductor
- Apacer technology Inc.
Global Enterprise MLC (eMLC) Market: Research Scope
Global Enterprise MLC (eMLC) Market, by Type
Global Enterprise MLC (eMLC) Market, by Application
- Display, Serial and USB Devices
- MRI machines
- Mechanical ventilators
- Others (Hyper converged systems, Ultrasound systems, etc.)
Global Enterprise MLC (eMLC) Market, by End-use Industry
- Others (Manufacturing, Retail etc.)
Global Enterprise MLC (eMLC) Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.