Global Enteric-Coated and Controlled-Release Tablets and Capsules Market: Introduction
- Tablets and capsules play a crucial role in the administration of drugs via the oral route. They are also widely preferred to treat several diseases. Enteric coatings are usually polymers, such as cellulose acetate phthalate, acrylates, and polyvinyl acetate phthalate, which are applied to the tablets in a coating machine, after the compression step. Sugar-coated enteric tablets are manufactured by incorporating the enteric polymer within the sealing layer – in sugar coated tablets, a sealant is coated on the compressed tablet before the sugar layer(s) are applied. Most tablets and capsules dosage forms are effective if released immediately into the blood stream. In several cases, the active ingredient is required slowly or target the release to a specific area of the body. In such cases, enteric-coated tablets and capsules are used for controlled release of drugs.
- An active ingredient or formulation in enteric-coated tablets and capsules dissolves slowly in the body fluids and may achieve a sustained release; however, it may also be affected by food and the local pH of the surrounding fluids. Furthermore, it may be necessary for the drug to pass through the low pH stomach fluids and be released at higher pH in the intestinal tract. Controlled release of active ingredient from orally administered tablets is normally achieved by applying an enteric coating to the surface of the tablet.
- Enteric coating is a useful strategy for the oral delivery of drugs such as insulin, which rapidly degrades in the stomach, as it prevents the drug being released in the acidic conditions of the stomach before reaching the intestine
Key Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities of Global Enteric-Coated and Controlled-Release Tablets and Capsules Market
- Rising number of pharmaceutical companies and unique features such as protecting the stomach against the negative/irritant effects of the tablet’s and capsule’s formulation. These have been the major drivers for the global enteric-coated and controlled-release tablets and capsules market.
- In very few cases, patients have faced issues such as upset stomach and heartburn. These reasons may hamper the global enteric-coated and controlled-release tablets and capsules market.
- Ongoing research & development to make enteric-coated and controlled-release tablets and capsules usable in more number of disease cases is estimated to create opportunity for the market
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Enteric-Coated and Controlled-Release Tablets and Capsules Market
- North America is expected to hold a major share in the global enteric-coated and controlled-release tablets and capsules market. Rapid research and developments and technological advancement of pharmaceutical production facilities have boosted the enteric-coated and controlled-release tablets and capsules market in the region.
- The enteric-coated and controlled-release tablets and capsules market in Asia Pacific is estimated to expand at a rapid pace, as the region is home to a significantly high number of diabetic patients who require a regular dosage of insulin. Oral delivery of insulin with the help enteric-coated and controlled-release tablets and capsules has remained a highly effective method for drug delivery.
Key Players Operating in Global Enteric-Coated and Controlled-Release Tablets and Capsules Market
The global enteric-coated and controlled-release tablets and capsules market is highly fragmented, with the presence of various key players. A large number of manufacturers hold a major share in their respective regions. Major players operating in the global enteric-coated and controlled-release tablets and capsules market are:
- CapsulCN International Co., Ltd.
- NATURAL CAPSULES LIMITED
- Suheung Co., Ltd.
- GFR Pharma, ACG
- Shaanxi Genex Bio-Tech Co., Ltd.
- GELITA AG
- Colorcon and Almac Group
Global Enteric-Coated and Controlled-Release Tablets and Capsules Market: Research Scope
Global Enteric-Coated and Controlled-Release Tablets and Capsules Market, by Type
- Gelatin Coating
- Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose (HPMC) Coating
Global Enteric-Coated and Controlled-Release Tablets and Capsules Market, by Application
- Antibiotic and Antibacterial Drug
- Vitamins and Dietary Supplement
- Proton Pump Inhibitors
- Insulin Drugs
Global Enteric-Coated and Controlled-Release Tablets and Capsules Market, by Distribution
- Pharmaceutical companies
Global Enteric-Coated and Controlled-Release Tablets and Capsules Market, by End-user
- Specialty clinics
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.