Enteral Feeding Tubes: Introduction
- Enteral feeding tube is a medical device used for delivery of liquid feed to patients. It is used for infants and children who have functioning gastrointestinal tract, but are unable to obtain nutrition by mouth to meet there metabolic needs. Enteral feeding can play a vital role in providing medication and nutrition in patients suffering from chronic illness such as cancer, cardiopulmonary, gastrointestinal illness, and malnutrition. Enteral feeding is commonly used in critical care units, operation theatres, intensive care units, and home. These tubes are placed either nasally or surgically. Increase in incidence of diseases such as malnutrition, gastrointestinal, and cancer drive demand for enteral feeding tubes. Increase in number of cases chronic disorders and technological advancements in the surgical medical industry boost the growth of the global enteral feeding tube market.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Enteral Feeding Tubes Market
- Rise in prevalence of chronic disorders to be major driver
- Digestive-gastro oncology is a major area of oncology, wherein most people with digestive tumors have high nutritional risk. Maintaining proper nutrition during cancer treatment is important. Cancer patients need flexible plastic tube to be placed in the stomach to provide calories, proteins, vitamin, and minerals needed to help the body fight against infection. According to Cancer Research UK, nasogastric, nasojejunal, jejunostomy tube, radiologically inserted gastrostomy tube, and percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy tube are commonly used to feed nutrition to cancer patients.
- Enteral tube is used to feed nutrition to diabetes patients. According to the International Diabetes Federation, the global incidence of diabetes is expected to increase from 463 million in 2019 to 578 million by 2030. Rise in number of diabetes cases drive the demand for enteral feed devices.
- Each type of chronic disorder requires a different approach to treatment. Hence, demand for enteral feeding tube is expected to increase during the forecast period, driven by rise in the number of cases of chronic disorders and the need of enteral feed tubes. This is likely to provide significant opportunities to market players.
Global Enteral Feeding Tubes Market: Segmentation
- In terms of application, the global enteral feeding tubes market can be classified into gastrointestinal diseases, malnutrition, neurological disorders, oncology, hyper metabolism, and diabetes
- Based on type, the global enteral feeding tubes market can be categorized into enteral feeding pumps, enteral syringes, giving set, consumables, and enteral feeding tubes. The enteral feeding tubes segment can be split into nasoenteric feeding tubes, enterostomy feeding tubes, and oroenteric feeding tubes.
- In terms of age group, the global enteral feeding tubes market can be bifurcated into adult and pediatric
- Based on end-user, the global enteral feeding tubes market can be divided into hospitals, ambulatory surgical centers, and home care
North America Market to Grow at a Rapid Pace
- In terms of region, the global enteral feeding tubes market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is projected to be the leading market for enteral feeding tubes due to rise in health care spending and increase in incidence of chronic disorders
- The enteral feeding tubes market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to grow at a rapid pace due to rise in prevalence of cancer in India and China. Technology advancements and development of compact & portable enteral feeding tubes fuel the growth of the enteral feeding tubes market in the region.
- Improvement in health care facilities and government reimbursement schemes in both developed and developing countries are likely to present significant opportunities in the global enteral feeding tubes market.
Leading Players Operating in Global Enteral Feeding Tubes Market
Key players operating in the global enteral feeding tubes market are:
- Applied Medical Technology, Inc.
- B. Braun
- Boston Scientific
- C. R. Bard
- Cardinal Health
- Cook Medical and Fresenius Kabi
- Halyard Health, Inc.
- Fresenius Kabi Ltd.
- Smith’s Medical
- Nestle SA
- Alcor Scientific
- Becton, Dickinson and Company
- Amsino International, Inc.
Global Enteral Feeding Tubes Market: Research Scope
Global Enteral Feeding Tubes Market, by Age Group
Global Enteral Feeding Tubes Market, by Application
- Gastrointestinal Diseases
- Neurological Disorders
- Hyper Metabolism
Global Enteral Feeding Tubes Market, by Type
- Enteral Feeding Pumps
- Enteral Feeding Tubes
- Nasoenteric Feeding Tubes
- Enterostomy Feeding Tubes
- Oroenteric Feeding Tubes
- Enteral Syringe
- Giving Set
Global Enteral Feeding Tubes Market, by End-user
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Home Care
Global Enteral Feeding Tubes Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa