Enteral Feeding Tubes: Introduction
- Enteral feeding tube is a medical device used for delivery of liquid feed to patients. It is used for infants and children who have functioning gastrointestinal tract, but are unable to obtain nutrition by mouth to meet there metabolic needs. Enteral feeding can play a vital role in providing medication and nutrition in patients suffering from chronic illness such as cancer, cardiopulmonary, gastrointestinal illness, and malnutrition. Enteral feeding is commonly used in critical care units, operation theatres, intensive care units, and home. These tubes are placed either nasally or surgically. Increase in incidence of diseases such as malnutrition, gastrointestinal, and cancer drive demand for enteral feeding tubes. Increase in number of cases chronic disorders and technological advancements in the surgical medical industry boost the growth of the global enteral feeding tube market.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Enteral Feeding Tubes Market
- Rise in prevalence of chronic disorders to be major driver
- Digestive-gastro oncology is a major area of oncology, wherein most people with digestive tumors have high nutritional risk. Maintaining proper nutrition during cancer treatment is important. Cancer patients need flexible plastic tube to be placed in the stomach to provide calories, proteins, vitamin, and minerals needed to help the body fight against infection. According to Cancer Research UK, nasogastric, nasojejunal, jejunostomy tube, radiologically inserted gastrostomy tube, and percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy tube are commonly used to feed nutrition to cancer patients.
- Enteral tube is used to feed nutrition to diabetes patients. According to the International Diabetes Federation, the global incidence of diabetes is expected to increase from 463 million in 2019 to 578 million by 2030. Rise in number of diabetes cases drive the demand for enteral feed devices.
- Each type of chronic disorder requires a different approach to treatment. Hence, demand for enteral feeding tube is expected to increase during the forecast period, driven by rise in the number of cases of chronic disorders and the need of enteral feed tubes. This is likely to provide significant opportunities to market players.
Global Enteral Feeding Tubes Market: Segmentation
- In terms of application, the global enteral feeding tubes market can be classified into gastrointestinal diseases, malnutrition, neurological disorders, oncology, hyper metabolism, and diabetes
- Based on type, the global enteral feeding tubes market can be categorized into enteral feeding pumps, enteral syringes, giving set, consumables, and enteral feeding tubes. The enteral feeding tubes segment can be split into nasoenteric feeding tubes, enterostomy feeding tubes, and oroenteric feeding tubes.
- In terms of age group, the global enteral feeding tubes market can be bifurcated into adult and pediatric
- Based on end-user, the global enteral feeding tubes market can be divided into hospitals, ambulatory surgical centers, and home care
North America Market to Grow at a Rapid Pace
- In terms of region, the global enteral feeding tubes market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is projected to be the leading market for enteral feeding tubes due to rise in health care spending and increase in incidence of chronic disorders
- The enteral feeding tubes market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to grow at a rapid pace due to rise in prevalence of cancer in India and China. Technology advancements and development of compact & portable enteral feeding tubes fuel the growth of the enteral feeding tubes market in the region.
- Improvement in health care facilities and government reimbursement schemes in both developed and developing countries are likely to present significant opportunities in the global enteral feeding tubes market.
Leading Players Operating in Global Enteral Feeding Tubes Market
Key players operating in the global enteral feeding tubes market are:
- Applied Medical Technology, Inc.
- B. Braun
- Boston Scientific
- C. R. Bard
- Cardinal Health
- Cook Medical and Fresenius Kabi
- Halyard Health, Inc.
- Fresenius Kabi Ltd.
- Smith’s Medical
- Nestle SA
- Alcor Scientific
- Becton, Dickinson and Company
- Amsino International, Inc.
Global Enteral Feeding Tubes Market: Research Scope
Global Enteral Feeding Tubes Market, by Age Group
Global Enteral Feeding Tubes Market, by Application
- Gastrointestinal Diseases
- Neurological Disorders
- Hyper Metabolism
Global Enteral Feeding Tubes Market, by Type
- Enteral Feeding Pumps
- Enteral Feeding Tubes
- Nasoenteric Feeding Tubes
- Enterostomy Feeding Tubes
- Oroenteric Feeding Tubes
- Enteral Syringe
- Giving Set
Global Enteral Feeding Tubes Market, by End-user
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Home Care
Global Enteral Feeding Tubes Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.