ENT Surgical Navigation System Market: Introduction
- Typical ENT disorders include cholesteatoma, dizziness, dysphagia (difficulty swallowing), ear infection (otitis media), gastric reflux, hearing aids, and hearing loss. Many diseases among these require surgical treatment. Surgical navigation systems include utilization of imaging modalities during the surgical procedure, thereby enabling minimally invasive surgery. ENT surgical navigation system is designed to provide improved intraoperative feedback and alignment validation to surgeons during surgical procedures.
- Many manufacturers are investing resources to develop technologically advanced surgical navigation systems to offer more precise outcomes. Stryker’s Scopis TGS is a next-generation solution for navigated Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery (FESS) that offers surgeons highly advanced image guidance and visualization capabilities in a single system. Excelim-04, which is the product of Heal Force, is an infrared-laser guided tracking system used to track 3D position and orientation of active or passive markers attached to surgical tools with advanced optical measurement technology that delivers exceptional accuracy (spatial resolution 1.0mm) and reliability.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it Big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of ENT Surgical Navigation System Market Report
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global ENT Surgical Navigation System Market
- Rise in prevalence of ENT disorders are boosting the market growth. Diseases of auditory system (57.84%) were the most common groups of ENT problems among the pediatric population, followed by pharyngo-esophageal (23.53%) and nasal disorders (18.63%). According to an article published in iMedPub LTD in 2018, the prevalence of dysphagia, which is also one of the common ENT disorders, in the general population was 16%–23%, which is expected to increase to 27% in those over 76 years of age. As per the American Academy of Sleep Medicine, 50 to 70 million adults in the U.S. people suffer from sleep apnea.
- However, product recall of ENT surgical navigation systems may hamper the market. In 2017, FDA recalled Medtronic ENT surgical navigation system StealthStation AxiEM. In 2014, Stryker NAV3i Platform got recalled by FDA. This Navigation system is used in combination with surgical software for cranial, spine, ENT, orthopedic, and trauma procedures.
Electromagnetic to Dominate Global ENT Surgical Navigation System Market
- Based on technology, the global ENT surgical navigation system market can be divided into electromagnetic navigation systems, optical navigation systems, and hybrid navigation systems
- Optical navigation system is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period of 2020 to 2030. This is due to the advantage that optical navigation system offers over electromagnetic navigation technology including reduced radiation exposure and accuracy provided during complex surgeries.
- However, electromagnetic navigation systems dominated the global ENT surgical navigation system market in 2019 in terms of revenue generation. In 2017, Medtronic launched a new surgical navigation system based on electromagnetic (EM) tracking technology, StealthStation ENT for surgeons treating conditions within the ear, nose, and throat (ENT) anatomy.
Ambulatory Surgical Centers Segment Witness Highest Growth
- Based on end-user, the global ENT surgical navigation system market can be divided into hospitals, specialty clinics, ambulatory surgical centers, and physician practices
- In 2019, the hospitals segment dominated the ENT surgical navigation system market in terms of highest revenue generation and is anticipated to continue leading the market over the forecast period. This is due to extensive use of technologically advanced medical devices to offer point-of-care (PoC). Furthermore, greater number of patients undergoing treatments in hospitals and implementation of government initiatives for installing surgical navigation systems in hospitals boost the segment growth.
- However, the ambulatory surgical centers segment is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period, owing to rise in adoption of ASC in developing countries and shortage of hospital beds
Stuck in a Neck-to-Neck Competition with Other Brands? Request a Custom Report on “ENT Surgical Navigation System Market” here
North America to Dominate Global ENT Surgical Navigation System Market
- In terms of region, the global ENT surgical navigation system market can be divided into: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- In terms of revenue, North America dominated the ENT surgical navigation system market, followed by Europe. However, Asia Pacific is experienced to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period of 2020 to 2030, due to rise in number of ENT disorders and ENT surgeries performed in the emerging countries.
- According to the WHO, approximately one third of people over 65 years of age are affected by disabling hearing loss. The prevalence of hearing loss in this age group is greatest in South Asia, Asia Pacific, and sub-Saharan Africa. In China, 27.8 million people have disabling hearing loss, accounting for 33.5% of the total registered disabled as per an article published in BioMed Central Ltd in 2019.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Market
The global ENT surgical navigation system market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Brainlab AG
- Collin Medical
- Heal Force
- Shenzhen Anke High-Tech
ENT Surgical Navigation System Market: Research Scope
ENT Surgical Navigation System Market, by Technology
- Electromagnetic Navigation Systems
- Optical Navigation Systems
- Hybrid Navigation Systems
ENT Surgical Navigation System Market, by End-user
- Specialty Clinics
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Physician Practices
ENT Surgical Navigation System Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.