Engine Oil Pan Market
Engine Oil Pan Market for Automotive (Material: Steel, Aluminum, and Others; Product Type: Structural Oil Pan and Non-structural Oil Pan; Sales Channel: OEMs and Aftermarket; and Vehicle Type: Two Wheeler, Passenger Vehicle, Light Commercial Vehicle, Trucks, Buses and Coaches, and Off-road Vehicles) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2021-2031
Press Release :
Automobile Manufacturers Focuses on Compact, Lightweight Design for Oil Pans
An engine oil pan is an automotive component with simpler functions. It is also referred to as an oil sump, oil tray, or oil reservoir. The oil pump has a pickup tube that hangs into the pan and sucks up oil. Once used, the engine oil falls back into the pan. Apart from storing the oil, the oil pan also plays an important role in cooling it. When a vehicle moves forward, air flows under the pan, which carries away the heat from the oil. Sometimes, to increase the surface area, cooling fins are fitted on the oil pan. Oil pans can be used for two and four-stroke IC engines. However, the engine part needs to operate properly. As the weight of modern engines are reducing and the need for fuel efficiency has increased, manufacturers are focusing on designing compact engine oil pan. This is most likely to fuel the demand for engine oil pan market for automotive during the forecast period.
As the oil pan is located near the underbelly of a vehicle, it is subjected to corrosive water, street salts, and abrasion from dust, gravel, and stone impacts, especially on high-carriage and off-road vehicles. However, metal oil pans are heavy, and more likely to rust, dent, feature various subassemblies, and need secondary machining, welding, and painting. Therefore, various materials and composites are used to integrate subcomponents, decrease assembly charges, and roughly halve pan weight in case of increased pressure to increase fuel efficiency and reduce emissions. Furthermore, the demand for automotive products and automobiles is constantly increasing with the rising spending capacity of people across the world, and contributing to the growth of the global engine oil pan market for automotive during the forecast period.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Engine Oil Pan Market for Automotive
Halt in Manufacturing and Supply Chain Limits Automotive Production Scales
The outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic has created an economic situation that is fundamentally different from any previous crisis. In order to contain the spread of the coronavirus, governments across the world implemented lockdowns and strict regulations for supply chain and international trade. This has impacted various industries and the nationwide economy, with limitations on full-scale working. Globally, people with vehicles delayed inspections and optional repairs, and some government transport businesses rested their deadlines for obligatory technical controls and inspections. Users with lower wages also halted avoidable repairs. These changes in consumer behavior had dramatically decreased visits to garages, service stations, and repair workshops, even though these businesses were typically allowed to remain open in some nations and can still easily receive parts from distributors. This has deeply impacted the demand for the engine oil pan market for automotive. However, lightweight engine vehicle parts have typically been the most recession-resistant part of the automotive industry. The economic pressure on the vehicle users forced them to delay the vehicle purchases, which limited the demand for new production, thus, hampering the scope of growth of engine oil pans.
Presently, various consumers and manufacturers have migrated to eCommerce for parts purchases, and this trend may persist. In response, market players are likely to offer Omni channel models alike those of retailers with the ability to make engine oil pan purchases online and then make a quick pick up. The enhanced affinity for online purchases may create an emerging opportunity for new engine oil pan manufacturers during the post-COVID-19 period. Some potential improvements such as government incentive packages and increasing refurbished car markets could have a positive and stabilizing influence. However, even though with hopeful reports on progress toward vaccination drive, numerous risks remain to limit the expansion of the engine oil pan market for automotive.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Various Materials Used for Different Vehicle Types Boost Global Market
The automotive industry can seem slow to adopt change with the sheer complexity of automotive and the host of mandates they must meet. Although composite materials are starting to replace cast aluminum and stamped steel in engine oil pans. The OEMs that have ventured into this segment are discovering that thermoplastic composites allow better part performance, mass, and cost savings. Depending on the span of engine programs, the per-unit cost profits on medium to high volume programs add up fast for OEMs. Manufacturers focusing on design versatility and components integration for composite materials are resulting in cost savings. Moreover, with several studies, engine oil pan volumes can be raised in the same packaging space, prolonging engine life and reducing oil-change intervals for operators. However, as per the report, the steel engine oil pan continues its form much better than an aluminum engine oil pan and is often salvageable or repairable at the track.
Engine oil pans majorly come in two types, structural, and non-structural. Moreover, some pans are produced as two-piece, enclosed shells, highlighting an upper pan directly attached to the engine and transmission, and a lower pan that operates the majority of the oil at any given time. Other pans are one-piece structures attached directly to the lower end of the engine block. Non-structural pans are customarily made from hybrid materials with cast aluminum uppers and stamped steel lowers, and an added mixture. They are usually found on engines with bed plates. Structural pans are typically one-piece cast aluminum, with little mixture other than oil baffles. They are devised to provide stiffness to the engine block and transmission, and are found on most FWD vehicles. Moreover, the structural oil pan dominated the segment of the global engine oil pan market for automotive in 2020.
China to Dominate Asia Pacific Engine Oil Pan Market for Automotive to Dominate
The Asia Pacific produces a high amount of automobiles, which is primarily driving the demand in the region. The Asia Pacific currently holds major share of the engine oil pan market for automotive, and is further expected to dominate the regional segment during the projected timeline. The region is anticipated to experience healthy growth during the same period. China will most likely dominate the Asia Pacific regional market. Europe is anticipated to prevail in the second-largest automotive engine oil pan market during the same period. The global engine oil pan market for automotive is estimated to expand at a CAGR of 2.37% from 2021 to 2031.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Engine Oil Pan Market for Automotive
Rising automotive production on a global level and implementation of strict policies for fuel efficiency & carbon emissions are primarily fueling the demand for the engine oil pan market for automotive. Moreover, the continuous replacement of traditional oil pans with lightweight composite oil pans is the major growth driver of the global market. Furthermore, the world is witnessing an increasing awareness regarding environmental and human health degradation, which is also compelling governments to mandate the integration of composite plastic engine oil pans to help control vehicle emissions. This is likely to be one of the major growth factors of the engine oil pan market for automotive in the near future.
Engine Oil Pan Market for Automotive: Overview
- The global engine oil pan market for automotive was valued over US$ 4.4 Bn in 2020. It is estimated to expand at a CAGR of 2.37% from 2021 to 2031.
- Increasing global automotive production, introduction of stringent regulations regarding fuel efficiency and carbon emissions, continuous replacement of traditional oil pans with lightweight composite oil pans, and government regulations on emissions are prominent factors driving the demand for engine oil pan for automotive
Drivers of Engine Oil Pan Market for Automotive
- Rising demand from automakers for compact and lightweight designs is fueling the sales of plastic oil pans, which, in turn, is estimated to drive the engine oil pan market for automotive. Increasing stringency of emission regulations across the globe and rising consumer awareness about fuel economy have led to the development of lightweight engine oil pans. Reducing weight of engine and improving fuel efficiency have prompted automakers to continuously develop and design compact and lightweight engine oil pans, which, in turn, is estimated to propel the engine oil pan market for automotive during the forecast period.
- Increased awareness about environmental and human health degradation due to vehicular emissions has prompted government agencies to mandate the integration of composite plastic engine oil pans, which help control vehicle emissions. For instance, India issued regulations for the incorporation of engine oil pans in light duty vehicles in 2010, and in the recently released guidelines of new BS VI emission norms, integration of engine oil pan is mandated also for heavy diesel engine vehicles. Growing concerns about vehicle emission across the globe is a major factor driving the engine oil pan market for automotive across the globe.
Challenges for Engine Oil Pan Market for Automotive
- Increase in air pollution is responsible for causing several health issues to the population and the number of deaths. Therefore, globally, government organizations are enacting stringent emission regulations on diesel operated vehicles. Several countries such as China, India, the U.K., Austria, Denmark, the U.S., and the Netherlands have announced that their respective countries would stop production of diesel operated vehicles.
- Therefore, several automakers, including BMW, General Motors, and Volkswagen have announced their plans to phase out diesel vehicles production. This, in turn, is anticipated to hamper the demand for engine oil pan and consequently, restrain the global engine oil pan market for automotive.
- The recent outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic hampered majority of businesses across the globe, owing to the forced lockdown, which caused people to stay at home. The forced lockdown led to a decline in vehicle sales, subsequently contracting the global engine oil pan for automotive. However, the global engine oil pan for automotive is expected to expand from 2021, owing to economic measures taken by governments to recover from financial losses caused by forced shutdown of business activities during the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020.
Segmentation of Engine Oil Pan Market for Automotive
- The global automotive digital key has been segmented based on material, product type, sales channel, vehicle type, and region
- Based on product type, structural oil pan was a highly attractive segment of the global engine oil pan market for automotive in 2020. Structural oil pans for vehicles are made from polymer materials. The structural oil pan has a bracket portion configured to be attached to the vehicle and a pan portion integrated with the bracket portion to form an oil reservoir. The structural oil pan also has a structural section that forms a cavity within at least one of the bracket portion and the pan portion to reduce vibration. This is likely to boost the structural oil pan segment during the forecast period.
- Based on material, steel was a highly attractive segment of the global engine oil pan market for automotive in 2020. The steel engine oil pan holds its shape much better than an aluminum engine oil pan and is often salvageable or repairable at the track. The cost associated with an aluminum engine oil pan is twice as more than that associated with a steel engine oil pan. Thus, these factors driving the steel segment of the market across the globe.
- Based on vehicle type, the passenger vehicles segment accounted for a major share of the global engine oil pan market for automotive in 2020. The segment accounted for more than 75% share of the market in 2020. The segment is projected to expand during the forecast period, owing to increase in awareness about vehicle emission and rise in adoption of fuel-efficient vehicles. Furthermore, increasing production of hatchbacks and SUVs, especially in emerging economies, such as China and India. All these key factors are likely to boost the passenger vehicle segment during the forecast period.
Engine Oil Pan Market for Automotive: Regional Analysis
- Based on region, the global engine oil pan market for automotive has been segregated into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and Latin America
- Asia Pacific is a highly lucrative region for the engine oil pan market for automotive. Rise in production of passenger vehicles in Asia Pacific is expected to boost the demand for engine oil pan for automotive. The market in the region is also estimated to expand at a healthy growth rate during the same period. Enactment of stringent vehicle standards and high concerns about increasing vehicle fuel efficiency in the region are responsible for the region to account for a prominent share of the global engine oil pan market for automotive.
Engine Oil Pan Market for Automotive: Competition Landscape
- Key players operating in the global engine oil pan market for automotive include
- MAHLE GmbH
- Dana Limited
- MANN+ HUMMEL
- POLYTEC HOLDING AG
- Magna International Inc.
- Pacific Industrial Co., Ltd.
- Eaton Corporation Plc
- Montaplast GmbH
- Nemak S.A.B. de C.V.
- American Axle & Manufacturing, Inc.
- Minda KTSN Plastic Solutions
- ElringKlinger AG
- Key players operating in the global engine oil pan market for automotive are expanding their presence by engaging in mergers and acquisitions or by establishing new facilities. For instance, in December 2019, American Axle & Manufacturing, Inc. announced the grand opening of a new manufacturing facility in the industrial area of Viladecans, Spain. The new facility would cater to the demand from new and current Europe-based customers including Renault, BMW, Daimler, Porsche, Audi, and Ford.
Engine Oil Pan Market for Automotive – Scope of Report
Transparency Market Research’s recent report on the engine oil pan market for automotive, with the help of a comprehensive outlook, provides readers with an assessment of the global market landscape. This study on the engine oil pan market for automotive analyzes the scenario for the period of 2021 to 2031, wherein, 2020 is the base year and 2017 to 2019 covers historical data. This report enables readers to make important decisions with regard to their business with the help of a wealth of information enclosed in the study.
This TMR study on the engine oil pan market for automotive also provides data on the developments made by important players and stakeholders in the market, along with a competitive analysis. The report also provides an understanding of the strengths, weaknesses, threats, and opportunities, along with the trends and restraints in the landscape. Presented in a clear sanctioned manner, this report on the engine oil pan market for automotive gives readers an individual understanding of the market.
Key Questions Answered in This Report on Engine Oil Pan Market for Automotive
- How much value will the engine oil pan market for automotive generate by the end of the forecast period?
- Which segment of the market is likely to have the maximum market share by 2031?
- What are the impact factors and their effects on the engine oil pan market for automotive?
- What regions currently account for the maximum share of the overall engine oil pan market for automotive?
- What are the indicators expected to drive the engine oil pan market for automotive?
- What region is likely to be a lucrative market during the forecast period?
- What are the essential strategies by key stakeholders in the engine oil pan market for automotive to expand their geographic presence?
- What are the major advancements witnessed in the engine oil pan market for automotive?
- How regulatory norms affected the market for engine oil pan market for automotive?
This report answers these questions and more about the engine oil pan market for automotive, aiding major stakeholders and key players in making the right decisions and strategizing for the advancement of their business.
Engine Oil Pan Market for Automotive – Research Methodology
This TMR report on the engine oil pan market for automotive is based on a complete and comprehensive evaluation of the market, backed by secondary and primary sources. Market volume is determined by country wise model mapping of vehicle through internal & external proprietary databases, and relevant patent and regulatory databases. The competitive scenario of the engine oil pan market for automotive is supported by an assessment of the different factors that influence the market on a minute and granular level. By thoroughly analyzing the historical data, current trends and announcement by key players, researchers of the engine oil pan market for automotive arrive at predictions and estimations, and calculate the forecast for the market.
This report uses an analytical triangulation method to estimate the numbers and figures of the engine oil pan market for automotive, with both a bottom-up and top-down approach.
This detailed assessment of the engine oil pan market for automotive, along with an overview of the landscape, is provided based on a careful examination of the avenues related to this industry. Analysts’ conclusions on how the engine oil pan market for automotive is estimated to expand are based on carefully vetted primary and secondary sources.
Engine Oil Pan Market for Automotive – Segmentation
This report on the engine oil pan market for automotive provides information on the basis of material, product type, sales channel, vehicle type, and region.
This study also discusses the underlying trends and impact of various factors that are driving the engine oil pan market for automotive, along with their influence on the evolution of the market.
This study also offers Porter’s Five Point Analysis, value chain analysis, regulatory scenario, and a SWOT analysis of the engine oil pan market for automotive in order to elaborate the crucial growth tactics and opportunities for market players contributing to the market.