Endosseous Implant: Substitute for Dental Prosthesis
- Endosseous implant is a surgical component that interfaces with the bone of the jaw or skull to support a dental prosthesis such as a crown, bridge, denture, facial prosthesis or act as an orthodontic anchor. The international team of implantologists (ITI) was established to develop endosseous implant systems for use in various applications for partially or totally edentulous patients. Implants are made from different materials that undergo several surface treatments and take different shapes, lengths, widths, and forms. According to the dentist theory, dentists choose more than 2,000 implants used for treatment. Implants made from titanium and titanium alloys appear to perform well clinically in small variations of shapes and forms.
- The global endosseous implant market is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, owing to rise in the use of dental implants to support dental prosthetics and modern dental implants for osseointegration.
Get an Idea about the Offerings of Our Endosseous Implant Market Report from this Brochure
Key Drivers of Global Endosseous Implant Market
- High incidences of veneer fracture, framework fracture, and esthetic deficiency are driving the endosseous implant market. Rise in surgical approach for osseointegration, treatment of partially edentulous patients and single implant patients, and increase in cosmetic surgeries are expected to fuel the growth of the global endosseous implant market during the forecast period.
- Technological advancements associated with endosseous implants are also propelling the endosseous implant market. Different materials are being used for the manufacturing of endosseous implants. This factor is expected to fuel the expansion of the global endosseous implant market during the forecast period.
- One of the key factors hampering the growth of the global endosseous implant market is the minor damage caused to gingiva and cervical cementum during surgery or practice. This leads to fracture of ceramic crowns, which is a major concern.
Titanium Implants Segment to Offer Attractive Opportunities
- Titanium has proved to be biocompatible with improved mechanical properties. Implants are coated with titanium surface and increase the surface area for osseointegration. The ITI Dental Implant System (Bone fit) employs titanium plasma-sprayed implants that are permanently osseointegrated into the human mandible and maxilla. These implants are intended to support dental prostheses in fully and partially edentulous patients.
Complications Linked with Endosseous Implant to Hamper Market
- Certain complications linked to implants include placement of endosseous implants into infected bone causing fenestration defects. This is likely to hinder market growth.
Asia Pacific to Hold a Major Share of Global Endosseous Implant Market
- Asia Pacific is a leading consumer of endosseous implants, followed by North America and Europe. China and India are key markets in the region. The demand for endosseous implants in these two countries is higher than in other countries in the region.
- Rise in awareness among consumers regarding oral care and improving economic condition are driving the demand for dental implants in both developed and developing Asia Pacific countries
- The endosseous implant market in Middle East & Africa is estimated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, followed by North America and Europe. This can be attributed to the increase in investments in health care and dental industries of the region.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Endosseous Implant Market Report
Key Players Operating in Global Market:
The global endosseous implant market is highly competitive with top manufacturers adopting various strategies to gain market share. These strategies include expansion of geographical presence through collaborations and extensive research and development activities to produce flexible and biocompatible stents. Some of the key players operating in the global endosseous implant market are:
- AVINENT Implant System
- 3M Health Care
- Straumann Holding AG
- Zimmer Biomet Holdings Inc
- Osstem implant
- Biohorizons Implant Systems, Inc
- Blue Sky Bio
Global Endosseous Implant Market: Research Scope
Global Endosseous Implant Market, by Type
- Endosteal Implants
- Subperiosteal Implants
- Transosteal Implants
- Intramucosal Implants
Global Endosseous Implant Market, by Material
- Titanium Implants
- Zirconium Implants
Global Endosseous Implant Market, by End-users
- Dental Clinics
- Academic & Research Institutes
Global Endosseous Implant Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.