- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest report on the global endocrine testing market for the historical period 2017–2018 and forecast period 2019–2027, rise in prevalence of endocrine and metabolic disorders to escalate the growth of global endocrine testing market. Moreover, rising cases of diabetes are expected to fuel growth of the endocrine testing market
- According to the report, the global endocrine testing market was valued at US$ 5.5 Bn in 2018 and is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of 6.4% from 2019 to 2027
To know the scope of our report Get a Sample on Endocrine Testing Market?
Rise in Focus on Research & Development and Surge in Number of People with Diabetes Mellitus: Key Drivers of Global Endocrine Testing Market
- Endocrine system is made up of endocrine glands that secrete hormones directly into the blood stream. Tests are performed to monitor levels of endocrine hormones (such as follicle stimulating hormone (FSH), Luteinizing Hormone (LH), estradiol, insulin and others) from biological samples. These tests aid in detection of deviation in the hormone production i.e. they help detect either hypersecretion (excess secretion) or hyposecretion (less secretion) that results in certain endocrine disorders such as infertility, menopause, thyroid dysfunction and others. Several disorders including different types of diabetes and PCOS have led to the rise in endocrine testing. For instance, according to an article published in Current Diabetes Reports, states that the prevalence of diabetes and PCOS has risen significantly. Thus, surge in number of people with endocrine and metabolic disorders is a key factor anticipated to drive the growth of endocrine testing market
- Sedentary lifestyle and unhealthy diet are leading to surge in prevalence & incidence of diabetes. For instance, according to an article published in Diabetes Research and Clinical Practice, globally the prevalence of diabetes was 463 million in 2019 and is rising to 578 million by 2030. This is augmenting the demand for new testing methods with rapid results. To address these demands, the key players are investing in the research and development activities to develop and introduce products with new technologies, thereby boosting the growth of market.
Get a glimpse of the in-depth analysis through our Report Brochure
Rise in Geriatric Population Worldwide to Propel Global Endocrine Testing Market Growth
- Constant rise in geriatric population across the globe directly impacts the growth of endocrine testing solutions and methodologies as this population is highly susceptible to several health disorders and creates a need for effective management of the diseases globally. Old age is one of the potential risks of developing hernia, thyroid disorders and other hormone imbalances.
- Changes in endocrine system along with age include menopause in women, loss of skeletal mass, androgen deficiency in men, increased incidence of type 2 diabetes and decrease in growth hormone. Hence, endocrine glands and organs undergo a series of changes that ultimately affects the hormone levels in an aging individual, thus, rise in the global geriatric population is one of the major factors driving the endocrine testing market
High Cost of Technology to Hamper Global Endocrine Testing Market
- High costs involved in research and development activities for understanding several cellular mechanisms stimulated by hormones and subsequent commercialization of the tests pose a challenging task for the endocrine testing manufacturers. This in turn results in high cost of monitoring and diagnosis of hormone secretion levels in the body. For instance, Roche developed lab automation systems in the year 2013 and invested around USD 11.6 billion for research and development activities in the financial year 2019. Also, Abbott Laboratories invested around 6% - 7% of their total revenue in research and development of the novel technologies and products. This results in high cost of the end product thereby leading to high cost of diagnostic technologies that negatively impacts the market growth.
- Enhanced access to sophisticated technological platforms is the rationale behind successful development and introduction of effective endocrine testing solutions and methodologies. Hence, limited access to advanced diagnostic procedures deprive patients from availing quality diagnosis measures and decrease the patient outcomes. Thus, high cost of testing technology might hamper the growth of the endocrine testing market.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Global Endocrine Testing Market: Competitive Landscape
- This report profiles major players in the global endocrine testing market based on various attributes such as company overview, financial overview, product portfolio, business strategies, and recent developments
- The global endocrine testing market is highly fragmented, with the presence of a number of international as well as regional players
- Leading players operating in the global endocrine testing market are
- Agilent Technologies,
- F-Hoffmann La Roche Ltd
- AB SCIEX,
- Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Abbott Laboratories
- Bio-Rad Laboratories
- DiaSorin S.p.A
- Beckman Coulter Inc
- Siemens Healthineers and bioMerieux
Global Endocrine Testing Market: Key Developments
Key players in the global endocrine testing market are engaged in regulatory approvals, technologically advanced products, launch of new products, and acquisition & collaborative agreements with other companies. These strategies are likely to fuel the growth of the global endocrine testing market. A few expansion strategies adopted by players operating in the global endocrine testing market are:
- In May 2020, Roche acquired Stratos Genomics to further develop DNA based sequencing for diagnostic use
- In March 2020, Thermo Fisher Scientific proposed to acquire QIAGEN N.V. as this acquisition would expand its specialty diagnostics portfolio with attractive molecular diagnostics capabilities, including infectious disease testing
- In July 2019, Thermo Fisher Scientific announced a 3 year, US$4.5 million collaboration with Ontario Institute for Cancer Research (OICR) and Genome Canada and the to develop targeted next-generation sequencing-based assays and analysis software.
The report on the global endocrine testing market discussed individual strategies, followed by company profiles of manufacturers of endocrine testing products. The competitive landscape section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and a company market share analysis of key players operating in the global endocrine testing market.
TMR’s report on the global endocrine testing market studies past as well as current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of these indicators of the market during the forecast period from 2019 to 2027. The report provides revenue of the global endocrine testing market for the period 2017–2027, considering 2018 as the base year and 2027 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) for the global endocrine testing market during the forecast period.
The report has been prepared after an extensive primary and secondary research. Primary research involved bulk of research efforts, wherein analysts carried out interviews with industry leaders and opinion makers. Extensive secondary research involved referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the global endocrine testing market.
Secondary research also included Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, company presentations, sales data, and trade associations. Analysts have employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various phenomenon in the global endocrine testing market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments included in the scope of the study. Furthermore, the report sheds light on the changing competitive dynamics in the global endocrine testing market. These indices serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in entering the global endocrine testing market.
The report delves into the competitive landscape of the global endocrine testing market. Key players operating in the global endocrine testing market have been identified, and each one of these has been profiled for distinguishing business attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOT are some of the attributes of players in the global endocrine testing market that have been profiled in this report.
Key Questions Answered in Global Endocrine Testing Market Report
- What is the scope of growth for product companies in the global endocrine testing market?
- What will be the Y-o-Y growth of the global endocrine testing market between 2019 and 2027?
- What is the influence of changing trends in technologies on the global endocrine testing market?
- Will North America continue to be the most profitable market for endocrine testing market?
- Which factors are anticipated to hamper the growth of the global endocrine testing market during the forecast period?
- Which are the leading key players in the global endocrine testing market?
A unique research methodology has been utilized by TMR to conduct comprehensive research on the growth of the global endocrine testing market and arrive at conclusions on its growth prospects. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts warrant the accuracy and reliability of the drawn conclusions.
Secondary research sources referred to by analysts during the production of the global endocrine testing market report include statistics from company annual reports, SEC filings, company websites, investor presentations, regulatory databases, government publications, and industry white papers. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, and market intelligence managers, who contributed to the production of TMR’s study on the endocrine testing market as primary methods.
These primary research respondents have provided exclusive information during interviews, which serves as a validation from the endocrine testing market leaders. Access to an extensive internal repository and external proprietary databases enabled this report to address specific details and questions about the global endocrine testing market with accuracy. The study also uses the top-down approach to assess the revenues for each segment and the bottom-up approach to counter-validate them. This has helped in reaching TMR’s estimates on future prospects of the global endocrine testing more reliably and accurately.
Regional Segmentation of Endocrine Testing Market
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Global Endocrine Testing Market - Segmentation
Estradiol (E2) Test
Follicle Stimulating Hormone (FSH) Test
Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (hCG) Test
Luteinizing Hormone (LH) Test
Dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate (DHEAS) Test
Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH) Test
Others (Gastrin, Thymosin, Secretin, etc.)
Tandem Mass Spectrometry
Monoclonal and Polyclonal Antibody Technologies
Clinical Chemistry Technologies
Ambulatory Care Centers
Home Based tests
Middle East & Africa