Endocarditis Therapeutics Market: Introduction
- Endocarditis is an infection that occurs at the inner lining of heart chambers and heart valves
- It in primarily caused when infection from other parts of the body spreads through the bloodstream to the heart chambers and valves. It primarily affects the damaged or weakened parts of the heart and not the healthy one.
- Endocarditis if not treated at an early stage could damage the entire heart and heart valves and lead to life-threatening complications. People with damaged or weakened heart valves, artificial heart valves, and other heart diseases are more susceptible to endocarditis.
- Common symptoms of endocarditis are fever and chills, a changed heart murmur, fatigue, aching joints and muscles, night sweating, and pain in the chest during breathing
- Endocarditis is caused due to the spread of infection from other parts of the body. Hence, the treatment is aimed at the underlying causes of endocarditis such as use of antibiotics.
Get a Glimpse of the In-Depth Analysis through our Endocarditis Therapeutics Market Report Brochure
Global Endocarditis Therapeutics Market: Key Drivers
- The global endocarditis therapeutics market is primarily driven by high prevalence and increase in incidence rates of endocarditis across the globe. According to Oxford Medicine, the worldwide prevalence of endocarditis is around 3 to 8 people per 100,000 population. The incidence rate of endocarditis is expected to rapidly increase in some parts of the world.
- High prevalence of cardiovascular disorders, significantly large number of people undergoing valve replacement surgeries, and cardiac stroke across the globe are likely to drive the global endocarditis therapeutics market during the forecast period
- Underlying causes of endocarditis such HIV infection, diabetes mellitus, implantation of intracardiac electronic devices, and degenerative valvular heart disease are projected to boost the growth of the global endocarditis therapeutics market
Glycopeptide Antibiotics Segment to Dominate Global Market
- In terms of drug class, the global endocarditis market can be classified into glycopeptide antibiotics, cephalosporin, carbapenems, aminoglycosides, miscellaneous antibiotics, and others. The glycopeptide antibiotics segment is anticipated to dominate the global endocarditis therapeutics market during the forecast period.
- Glycopeptide antibiotics, especially Vancomicin, are the most commonly used antibiotics in the treatment of endocarditis. Glycopeptide antibiotics inhibit bacterial cell wall formation by preventing peptidoglycan synthesis.
Intravenous to be Highly Attractive Segment
- Based on route of administration, the global endocarditis therapeutics market can be divided into oral and intravenous. Intravenous is expected to be the leading segment of the global market during the forecast period.
- Intravenous is the most commonly preferred route of administration for the treatment of endocarditis by health care professionals across the globe
Asia Pacific Endocarditis Therapeutics Market to Grow at Rapid Pace
- In terms of region, the global endocarditis therapeutics market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America is projected to dominate the global market during the forecast period. However, the region is anticipated to lose market share by the end of 2027.
- High prevalence of cardiovascular disorders, significantly increasing number of heart valve replacement surgeries and other cardiovascular disorders in the region, well-established health care infrastructure, and high awareness about various cardiovascular disorders are likely to contribute to North America’s high share of the global market. Moreover, early adoption of technologically advanced diagnostic tools and techniques for endocarditis and large base of pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies are projected to fuel the growth of the endocarditis therapeutics market in the region during the forecast period.
- The endocarditis therapeutics market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period, owing to rapidly increasing cardiovascular surgical procedures in densely populated countries such as India, China, and Hong Kong and improving health care infrastructure.
- Moreover, high prevalence of bacterial, fungal, and viral infections in the region is a key factor expected to drive the endocarditis therapeutics market in Asia Pacific during the forecast period
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Endocarditis Therapeutics Market Report
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global endocarditis therapeutics market is highly fragmented, with a large number of global players accounting for majority of the market share. Key players operating in the global endocarditis therapeutics market are:
- Pfizer, Inc.
- Novartis AG
- Elli Lilly and Company
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited
- Mylan N.V.
- Fresenius Kabi AG
Global Endocarditis Therapeutics Market: Research Scope
Global Endocarditis Therapeutics Market, by Drug Class
- Glycopeptide Antibiotics
- Miscellaneous Antibiotics
Global Endocarditis Therapeutics Market, by Route of Administration
Global Endocarditis Therapeutics Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.