Emergency Medical Supplies: Introduction
- Emergency medical supplies are an integral part of a health care system. These comprise specialized equipment and products to aid in the provision of emergency care. Severe physical injuries such as trauma and medical emergencies such as cardiac arrest are life threatening and require quick medical attention.
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) is arguably a preventable disease, which has increased the demand for therapeutic respiratory devices, diagnostic & monitoring equipment, patient handling equipment, infection control products, personal protection equipment, and other types of emergency medical supplies among the general public and health care professionals. The outbreak of coronavirus (COVID-19) has compromised several companies in the emergency medical supplies market of their supply chain demands. There is an unprecedented rise in the demand for emergency medical supplies, especially in health care facilities in the U.S. and Europe. A significant gap between demand and supply of facemasks has resulted in the shortage of emergency medical supplies across the world. Hence, companies in the emergency medical supplies market are placing their best foot forward to contain the spread of COVID-19.
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports, Ask for a Sample
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Emergency Medical Supplies Market
- Strategic alliances between small players and major players in emerging markets are projected to play a pivotal role in the growth of the global market. Important aspects of strategic alliances are strong distribution reach, manufacturing expertise, and technological collaboration.
- Established players can get easy access to emerging markets with a strong distribution agreement. Increase in manufacturing expertise by entering into contract manufacturing agreement with domestic players enables companies to provide products at low cost. Technology transfer is an important factor contributing to the growth of the health care industry. Technological collaboration of domestic companies with multinational companies is expected to provide access to technology. This, in turn, provides high quality products at economical prices.
- Increase in government expenditure on health care enables access to affordable health care services to citizens. This is a crucial factor boosting the emergency medical supplies industry in emerging economies.
- Technological advancements have provided ways to minimize the distress caused to patients suffering from respiratory disorders and, more importantly, reduce morbidity in them. For example, Philips V60 system is an adaptive support ventilation system, which automatically adapts to the physiological needs of ICU patients and adjusts the oxygenation and ventilation settings. The system helps in reducing workloads, improves patient-ventilator synchrony, and encourages the patient to breathe spontaneously (Quick Wean). Additionally, it helps to prevent dead space ventilation, tachypnea, apnea, and unreasonable large breaths, and enhances safety of the patients.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Asia Pacific to Lead Global Emergency Medical Supplies Market
- In terms of region, the global emergency medical supplies market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America and Europe are likely to account for major share of the global emergency medical supplies market during the forecast period, owing to developed health care infrastructure, large patient population, and increase in technological developments.
- Increase in government intervention in emerging markets such as Asia Pacific and Latin America has led to a surge in awareness about diseases and improvement in health care infrastructure. These factors contribute to the overall increase in spending capacity of the population.
Key Players Operating in Global Emergency Medical Supplies Market
The global emergency medical supplies market is fragmented, with presence of large number of small-scale and large-scale companies. Acquisition of product portfolio of emerging players is a key strategy adopted by leading players for business expansion. Companies acquire R&D units of emerging players, aiming to co-develop innovative technologies. Mergers & acquisitions offer significant opportunities to companies in terms of financial advantage for production and commercialization of products.
Leading companies operating in the global Emergency Medical Supplies market are:
- Smith & Nephew
- Smiths Medical, Inc.
- Becton & Dickinson Company
- Johnson & Johnson
- B. Braun Melsungen AG
- Stryker Corp.
- Medtronic plc
- Asahi Kasei Corporation
- Koninklijke Phillips N.V.
- Medline Industries, Inc.
- GE Healthcare
- Abbott Laboratories
- The 3M Company
- Cardinal Health
- McKesson Medical-Surgical, Inc.
Global Emergency Medical Supplies Market: Research Scope
Global Emergency Medical Supplies Market, by Type
- Therapeutic Respiratory Devices
- Cardiac Equipment
- Wound Care Consumables
- Diagnostics and Monitoring Equipment
- Blood Glucose Monitors
- Blood Gas and Electrolyte Analyzers
- ECG Monitor
- Blood Pressure Monitors
- Pulse Oximetry
- Patient Handling Equipment
- Patient Lifting Equipment
- Medical Beds
- Wheelchairs and Scooters
- Infection Control Products
- Personal protection equipment
- Hand & Arm Protection Equipment
- Eye & Face Protection Equipment
- Head Protection Equipment
Global Emergency Medical Supplies Market, by Application
- Cardiac Care
- Respiratory Care
- Trauma Injuries
- Other Applications
Global Emergency Medical Supplies Market, by End-user
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Research & Diagnostic Laboratories
Global Emergency Medical Supplies Market, by Distribution Channel
- Direct Sales
Global Emergency Medical Supplies Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.