ELISA Workstation: Introduction
- The term ELISA was first used by Engvall & Perlma in 1971. Enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) is a common methodical tool for spotting the existence and concentration of protein or other molecules of interest. It was the first screening test carried out for HIV. It has high sensitivity. ELISA protocols involve an exhausting number of dispensing, washing, and incubating steps whether lab works with direct, indirect, sandwich or competitive assays. ELISA workstation reduces human error and relieves the labor burden with precise dispensing and consistent treatment resulting in increased reproducibility.
- The global ELISA workstation market is anticipated to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period, owing to rise in high incidence rate of infectious diseases
Key Drivers of Global ELISA Workstation Market
- ELISA workstation is an integral part of pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and life sciences industries primarily for the development of various types of drugs, test kits & solutions, culture media in tissue culture industry, etc. Hence, the demand for ELISA workstation is largely dependent on the expansion of life sciences and healthcare industries. According to the EvaluatePharma and the Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry, the global pharmaceutical R&D expenditure stood at US$ 149.8 Bn in 2015 and is anticipated to reach US$ 182 Bn by 2022, at CAGR of 2.8%. Hence, increase in R&D activities for the development of new products and therapeutics is expected to drive the ELISA workstation market during the forecast period.
- Diagnosing infectious and chronic diseases is one of the leading applications of in vitro diagnostics. The emergence and outbreak of various infectious diseases have created new opportunities for researchers to develop new diagnostic tools and test for early diagnosis and prevention of diseases. ELIS workstation plays a vital role in diagnostics tests to carry out the whole procedure within a short interval of time. Thus, high prevalence and rise in incidence rate of chronic and infectious diseases are expected to drive the demand for ELISA workstations.
Get a Glimpse of the In-depth Analysis through our ELISA Workstation Market Report Brochure
Key Opportunities in Global ELISA Workstation Market
- Strategic acquisitions, collaborations, investments, and expansions by leading players into emerging markets are projected to drive the ELISA workstation market during the forecast period
- In May 2018, PerkinElmer Inc. acquired Shanghai Spectrum Instruments Co. (SSI), Ltd. to expand its investments and manufacturing footprint in China. The acquisition was aimed to build a strong presence in China through SSI’s strong, localized market position while further solidifying PerkinElmer’s leadership in clinical services.
North America to Hold a Major Share of Global ELISA Workstation Market
- North America is a leading consumer of ELISA workstations due to increased research and development activities. Moreover, increase in the number of laboratory tests offerings by diagnostics laboratories, launch of ‘Analyte Specific Reagents’ (ASR), and strategic partnerships among IVD players is projected to fuel the demand for ELISA workstations in the U.S. during the forecast period.
- The ELISA workstation market in Asia Pacific is estimated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period. The rapidly growing life sciences and healthcare industries in emerging economies, such as India, China, and South Korea, increased investments by leading players in the region, etc., are estimated to drive the demand for ELISA workstations in Asia Pacific. For instance, in September 2016, Abbott Laboratories inaugurated a new R&D facility in China for the development of new diagnostics tools, kits, and reagents.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom ELISA Workstation Market Report
Key Players Operating in Global Market
Major players operating in the global ELISA workstation market are:
- Danaher Corporation
- Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Berthold Technologies GmbH & Co. KG
- Bio-Rad Laboratories
- PerkinElmer Inc.
- Hudson Robotics
- TKA TEKNOLABO A.S.S.I. S.r.l.
- Aurora Biomed Inc.
- Tecan Trading AG
- Ormir Scientific Instruments
Global ELISA Workstation Market: Research Scope
Global ELISA Workstation Market, by Type
- Floor Standing
Global ELISA Workstation Market, by Application
- Biological & Clinical Research
- Drug Development
- Disease Diagnostic
Global ELISA Workstation Market, by End-user
- Diagnostic Laboratories
- Biotechnology & Pharmaceutical Companies
- Research Institutes
Global ELISA Workstation Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.