Electrotherapy Devices Market: Introduction
- Electrotherapy uses electric impulses and offers a range of treatment to reduce pain by relaxing muscles, improving blood circulation, repairing tissues, and promoting bone growth. The adoption of physiotherapy in the treatment of various ailments has boosted the demand for electrotherapy globally.
- Different modalities of electrotherapy include electrical, sound, light, or thermal, which are used to reduce pain and improve body functions. For instance, therapeutic ultrasound, low?level laser therapy (LLLT), transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS), and pulsed electromagnetic field therapy (PEMF) are different modalities for physical therapy intervention.
To Know More about TMRs Unique Offerings for Electrotherapy Devices Market, Request a Brochure here
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Electrotherapy Devices Market
- Rise in incidences of spinal injuries and lower back pain is boosting the global electrotherapy devices market growth. According to the National Institutes of Health, approximately 80% of adults experience lower back pain at some point of their lifetime. The number of people experiencing lower back pain is increasing.
- Approximately 29.5% of the U.S. citizens aged 65 and above experienced lower back pain in 1997. This number increased to 33.7% in 2013.
- As per as article published on back pain statistics in 2018, 80% of Americans experience upper or lower back pain during their lifetime.
- Each year, in the U.S., out of 30 million children and adolescents who participate in some form of sports, 3.5 million experience injuries.
- As per the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC), since 2000, there has been a five-fold increase in the number of serious shoulder and elbow injuries among youth baseball and softball players. Rise in the number of sports related injuries is fueling market growth, as electrotherapy devices are used for muscle relaxation, to increase blood circulation, and manage chronic and intractable pain.
- Limited market growth is witnessed in underdeveloped and a few developing countries due to lack of awareness about the device and the treatment
- Major companies operating in the electrotherapy devices market are focusing on expanding their presence in the Asia Pacific region due to its high growth potential
- According to the U.S. National Academy of Sciences (NAS), US$ 500 billion direct medical cost is associated with chronic pain management
High Frequency Segment to Witness Rise in Demand
- Based on product type, the global electrotherapy devices market can be divided into low frequency, mid frequency, and high frequency
- In electrotherapy, applied energy is the main source to start physiological events to achieve therapeutic benefits for pain relief. Low frequency electrotherapy devices can be effectively applied to the contralateral side of the body.
- Traditional electrotherapy devices use relatively high frequency (80 Hz – 130Hz) with narrow pulses for the treatment
Pain Management Application Segment to Offer Significant Growth Potential
- On the basis of application, the global electrotherapy devices market can be divided into pain management, urine & fecal incontinence, sports injury treatment, tissue repair, iontophoresis, acute & chronic edema, wound healing, cosmetic, and others
- Electrotherapy is used to treat several types of chronic pain, including neck pain, lower back pain, and diabetic nerve pain, by blocking pain signal using a mild electric current
- Technological developments in the electrostimulation therapy for wound healing have exhibited promising treatment
- iTENS is an advanced Bluetooth-based wearable pain relief OTC device that combines TENS therapy using a medical device app
Looking for Customized Insights to build your Business for Future, Ask for a Custom Report here
Homecare Settings End-user Segment has Significant Growth Potential
- In terms of end user, the global electrotherapy devices market can be divided into rehabilitation centers, long-term care centers, specialty clinics, hospitals, homecare settings, and others
- Electrotherapy is one of the effective and safest ways to treat pain. Earlier, trained professionals were required to operate these devices. However, electrotherapy devices are now available for homecare settings due to technological advancements.
- Short-term pain relief programs are conducted by outpatient rehabilitation centers and care is delivered either in individual or group settings. The cost of these programs depends on the length of a program and its intensity. Usually, these programs cost US$ 13,000 to US$ 30,000, and include physical therapy, psychology, and physician charges.
North America to Dominate Global Market for Electrotherapy Devices
- In terms of region, the global electrotherapy devices market can be divided into: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is likely to witness the maximum demand for electrotherapy devices from 2019 to 2027. Major manufacturers of electrotherapy devices have been investing increasingly in the region due to rise in the adoption of electrotherapy systems by athletes and growth in the geriatric population, along with surge in the diabetic population.
- In 2018, Omron Healthcare, Inc. launched wireless, dual channel TENS device for multiple site pain treatment. It can be controlled using Omron’s new mobile app. With this development, a patient can operate the device remotely through the Bluetooth connectivity, thus restoring their freedom of movement while in treatment.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
The global electrotherapy devices market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Alimed, Inc
- Cogentix Medical, Inc.
- Zynex Medical
- Neurometrix Inc
- DJO Global Inc.
- Biomedical Srl
- Shenzhen XFT Medical Limited
- A.C.E.R. SRL
- Domino srl
- Eme srl
- Enraf-Nonius B.V.
- Omron Healthcare Inc.
Global Electrotherapy Devices Market: Research Scope
Global Electrotherapy Devices Market, by Product Type
- Low Frequency
- Mid Frequency
- High Frequency
Global Electrotherapy Devices Market, by Application
- Pain Management
- Urine & Fecal Incontinence
- Sports Injury Treatment
- Tissue Repair
- Acute & Chronic Edema
- Wound Healing
Global Electrotherapy Devices Market, by End-user
- Rehabilitation Centers
- Long-term care Centers
- Specialty Clinics
- Homecare Settings
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.