Electrosurgical Pencil Market: Overview
- Electrosurgical pencil is used for cutting and coagulation of tissues. The pencil is available in different modes, such as bottom switch, rocker switch, and foot switch control with various shape blade tips. The extensive range allows surgeons to select tip, switch, and accessories to ensure a streamlined procedure with better cutting control and coagulation settings. The seal up configuration of the pencil endues within circuit board high waterproof property that increases its longevity.
- The global electrosurgical pencil market is anticipated to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period, owing to the increase in the number of surgeries and high preference by surgeon due to better cutting control and coagulation of tissues
Get an Idea about the Offerings of Our Electrosurgical Pencil Market Report from this Brochure
Key Drivers of Global Electrosurgical Pencil Market
- According to the American Heart Association, cardiovascular disease is one of the most common reasons for mortality, accounting for approximately 17 million deaths (30% deaths) every year, a number that is expected to increase to over 23.6 million by 2030. The most common reasons for cardiovascular disease are unhealthy diet, physical inactivity, cholesterol, tobacco use, and alcohol. Rise in cases of cardiovascular disease will require surgical procedures. This is expected to drive the global electrosurgical pencil market during the forecast period.
- Companies operating in the global electrosurgical pencils market are improving their distribution network. They have adopted strategies, such as mergers & acquisitions, development of new products, joint ventures, and expansions, to cater to the increasing demand for electrosurgical pencils in different regions. Recently, in 2018, Stryker acquired SafeAir AG, a Switzerland-based surgical smoke evacuation company, which specializes in manufacturing of electrosurgical pencils for different surgical procedures.
Product Recall May Hamper Market
- Defect in products due to technical problems or packaging can disrupt surgical procedures and this can hamper the brand image of the product. In May 2018, the FDA issued a Class II device recall of Olsen Monopolar Pencil, a product of SYMMETRY SURGICAL INC, due to encroachment in the sterile pouch seal.
Asia Pacific to Hold a Major Share of Global Electrosurgical Pencil Market
- Asia Pacific is a leading consumer of electrosurgical pencils due to the increase in the number of surgeries and rise in adoption of modern surgical instruments to perform surgeries. These factors are expected to drive the demand for electrosurgical pencils in the Asia Pacific. Moreover, preference for minimally invasive surgeries is likely to increase the use of electrosurgical pencil in countries such as India and China.
- The electrosurgical pencil market in North America is estimated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period. This can be attributed to increase in geriatric population, and favorable and reimbursement policies for surgeries in the region. Moreover, high volume of surgeries is also expected to drive the electrosurgical pencil market. According to the Texas Heart Institute, 500,000 coronary bypass procedures are performed every year in the U.S.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Electrosurgical Pencil Market Report
Key Players Operating in Global Market:
Major players operating in the global electrosurgical pencil market are:
- BAISHENG MEDICAL CO.,LTD.
- CONMED Corporation
- Pathy Medical, LLC.
- Johnson & Johnson Service Inc.
- Erbe Elektromedizin GmbH
- Shining World Health Care Co. Ltd
- Xodus Medical Inc.
- Yancheng Tianrun Medical Technology Co.,Ltd.
Global Electrosurgical Pencil Market: Research Scope
Global Electrosurgical Pencil Market, by Instrument Type
- Smoke Evacuation Pencils
- Illumination Pencils
Global Electrosurgical Pencil Market, by Mode of Control
- Hand Control
- Foot Control
Global Electrosurgical Pencil Market, by Application
Global Electrosurgical Pencil Market, by End-user
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Specialty Clinics
- Nursing Homes
Global Electrosurgical Pencil Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.