Electrostatic Chucks Market: Introduction
- Electrostatic chuck is a chuck that absorbs and fixes the work piece by electrostatic force. This is achieved by using the electrical force, which causes objects to attract to each other with the help of static electricity. The electric charges in the work piece moves to attract the internal electrodes, when the positive as well as negative voltage are applied to the internal electrodes.
- Electrostatic chucks are primarily of two types: Coulomb force type and Johnsen-rahbek force type. The former uses the insulating material as the dielectric, while the latter is induced by the small current that is flowing in a small gap between the object and the dielectric.
- Electrostatic chucks are suited for gripping very delicate work pieces such as metal foils and films. This is due to no use of physical constraints. Furthermore, the electrostatic chuck is utilized in the manufacture of semiconductors, wireless communications, electronics, and medical devices.
Rise in demand for semiconductor wafers
- Increase in demand for semiconductor wafers is fueling the demand for electrostatic chucks, as it offers technical advantage in terms of wafer planarity, high reliability, and non-edge exclusion. Additionally, electrostatic chucks are preferred by consumers due to its adoption in various tools used in high temperature.
- The purpose of the electrostatic chucks in the semiconductor industry is to absorb the heating and cooling of wafers. These factors are fueling the demand for electrostatic chucks in semiconductor wafers, which in turn is boosting the electrostatic chucks market.
Advantages of electrostatic chucks over mechanical chucking
- Electrostatic chucks offer various benefits such as negligible abrasion and particle generation, thermal invariance, substrate holder of highest evenness, particle risk minimized due to pin structured surface, and light weight. These benefits are fueling the electrostatic chucks market.
- Moreover, use of electrostatic chucks in a wide range of applications such as semiconductor manufacturing equipment and flat panel vacuum bonding devices is further driving the market
Market in Asia Pacific to expand significantly
- In terms of region, the global electrostatic chuck market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- The electrostatic chuck market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a significant CAGR during the forecast period
- This expansion is attributed to a wide range of applications, expansion of the consumer electronics industry, rising adoption of advanced technologies in major countries such as Japan, Taiwan, and China. Thus, these factors are expected to increase the demand for electrostatic chucks.
- The electrostatic chucks market in North America and Europe is expected to expand at a considerable rate due to the presence of major players and increased competition among them in the region. The market in Middle East & Africa is likely to expand at consistent growth rate during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global electrostatic chucks market is highly fragmented as large number of medium and large enterprises are present. Prominent players operating in the global market are focusing on product launch and technological developments to meet the growing demand.
Key players operating in the global electrostatic chucks market include:
- Matsusada Precision Inc.
- KYOCERA Corporation
- NTK CERATEC CO., LTD.
Global Electrostatic Chucks Market: Research Scope
Global Electrostatic Chucks Market, by Type
- Johnsen-Rahbek Force
Global Electrostatic Chucks Market, by Application
- Wireless Communications
- Medical devices
Global Electrostatic Chucks Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.