Electroretinography Market: Overview
The use of an electroretinogram across ophthalmology has increased in recent times. The need for ensuring swift diagnosis of eye disorders and diseases has led medical practitioners to use electroretinograms as the first line of diagnosis. Hence, the global electroretinography market is projected to grow at a remarkable rate in the years to follow. MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopaedia reveals that the need for studying the electrical response of cell cones and rods in the eyes is an important indicator during diagnosis. This factor has created a plethora of opportunities for growth within the global electroretinography market.
The eye is amongst the most sensitive organs of the body. For this reason, ophthalmological procedures require high level of precision and care. This factor has played an integral in driving demand within the global electroretinography market. Furthermore, retinal treatments are extremely critical, and necessitate the presence of cutting-edge equipment and technologies at the disposal of ophthalmologists. The increasing spending on eye treatments, coupled with the funds directed by the government towards ophthalmological research, has given a thrust to market growth.
Get a Glimpse of the In-depth Analysis through Our Electroretinography Market Report Brochure
Retinal dysfunction, in most cases, is related to old age. Hence, the growing geriatric population has played a part in the growth of the global electroretinography market. Furthermore, electroretinography is also used for research by medical practitioners and interns. This factor has also generated tremendous opportunities for growth within the global electroretinography market.
The global electroretinography market can be segmented on the basis of the following parameters: product, application, and region. Based on application, the use of electroretinography for eye disorders in the geriatric population has gained momentum. Incidence of glaucoma has increased in recent times, and this is a key standpoint from the perspective of market growth.
Electroretinography Market: Notable Developments
Advancements in ophthalmology have paved way for several key developments in the global electroretinography market.
- Global Healthcare Organizations such as the World Health Organization and Brazilian Research Association for Vision and Ophthalmology have emphasized on the need to use electroretinography for diagnosis. This factor has prompted a response from leading healthcare centers that induct greater number of electroretinograms. Hence, the market vendors have a sound consumer base they can capitalise on.
- Electro-Diagnostic Imaging, Inc., has developed VERIS software that can be used for electro-diagnostic imaging. The company has gone beyond the traditional modules of electoretinography and multifocal electrophysiology. The innovative approach of such market vendors shall generate confidence in the consumers within electoretinography market.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Electroretinography Market Report
Some other notable players in the global electoretinography market are:
- Electro-Diagnostic Imaging, Inc.
- Diopsys, Inc.
Electroretinography Market: Notable Developments
Testing Ocular Safety Procedures
Apart from the conventional uses of electoretinography, the process is also use for testing the efficacy of ocular safety procedures. Furthermore, the growing spending on clinical trials has also generated fresh opportunities for growth within the global electoretinography market. The need for improving retinal studies for medics is amongst the leading driver of market demand.
Studying Dopamine Neurons
A study conducted in 2013 found that dopamine consumption affects retinal health. Hence, the study of dopamine neurons in relation to retinal health has also gained momentum in recent times. The presence of a stellar industry for retinal studies, combined with continual advances in such cases, has given a push to market growth.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.