Electronic Load Market
Electronic Load Market (Type: Standalone, Modular, and Mainframe; Application: Converters, Inverters, UPSs, Batteries, Fuel Cells, and Others; Maximum Voltage Range: Low Voltage (0V–150V), Medium Voltage (0V–600V), and High Voltage (0V–1,200V); and End-use Industry: Power Supply Equipment Manufacturing, Battery Manufacturing, and Solar, Wind, and Energy) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2019 - 2027
Press Release :
Use of Texas Instruments DSP Control Units in Electronic Load Devices Helps Boost Credibility of Emerging Players
Companies are utilizing conventional MOSFET-based dissipative elements that allow electronic load devices to achieve a wide voltage-current operating range within a device’s maximum power rating. This is evident, since high voltage (0V – 1,200V) is expected to be a prominent maximum voltage range segment of the electronic load market. Hence, companies are focusing on heat management in electronic load devices to deploy high density programmable DC power supplies. For instance, Magna Power- an electronics manufacturer in the U.S., is increasing its efforts to boost the uptake of ALx Series MagnaLOAD devices with conservative cooling to ensure longer product life compared to conventional devices.
Manufacturers are increasing efforts to use Texas Instruments DSP control units across power processing stages in electronic load devices. Such technological improvements have catalyzed growth of the electronic load market, and help boost the credibility of emerging players in the global landscape. Unified digital control platforms and fully-digital control loops of these devices are catching the attention of end users.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Electronic Load Market
Technological Advancements Enable End Users to Virtually Assess Activities of Electronic Loads
Next-gen software interface is one of the key drivers contributing to the growth of the electronic load market. Companies are introducing software interface that provide intuitive and user-friendly web-browser-based control over the activities of electronic load devices. Programming and measurement through software is gradually becoming mainstream in the electronic load market. This trend has focused on the convenience of end users in the battery manufacturing industry that can virtually control and monitor the software. As such, battery manufacturing end-use industry is anticipated to lead the electronic load market. The electronic load market is estimated to reach a value of ~US$ 1.8 Bn by the end of 2027.
Companies are adopting the server-client software model for access to electronic loads from any device or operating system. Technological advancements have helped companies to establish a network where end users can access the server from any electronic device such as desktops, tablets, and smartphones.
Stakeholders Comply with Safety Standards Using Programmable DC Electronic Loads
Manufacturers in the electronic load market are developing devices that offer versatile functionality in various end-use industries. They are increasing efforts to develop automated test equipment for power discharge testing. These automated equipment are witnessing high demand in power supply and energy industries. As such, power supply equipment manufacturing end-use industry is projected to witness considerable growth in the electronic load market.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
The ever-growing energy industry including solar and wind energy, is creating a demand for electronic load devices to thoroughly test power sources of their products. Eco-friendly consumers are adopting home appliances that function on renewable energy such as solar panels and car batteries. Hence, companies in the market are developing programmable electronic loads that are increasingly replacing conventional resistors. Dynamic testing and rapid increasing and decreasing the load in repeatable fashion are some of the practices that stakeholders need to adopt in order to comply with quality and safety standards for their products.
Companies Enhance Production Capabilities to Increase Availability of E-loads Suited for High Voltages
Several devices today operate at higher voltages such as electric vehicle batteries, silicon-carbide semiconductors, and the likes. These devices have created a demand for electric loads (e-loads) to load them down during testing. However, scarcity of e-loads rated for these high voltages poses as a challenge for companies in the electronic load market. Hence, companies are increasing their production capacities to increase the availability of e-loads that are suited for high voltages.
Companies in the electronic load market are exploring untapped opportunities in electrochemistry to help end users carry out research on batteries and fuel cells. They are increasing research to design e-loads with modular designs and several operating modes for automated test and measurement. Manufacturers are increasing their design efforts to incorporate buttons and knobs for interactive use. They are also introducing USB interface options to carry out automated test and measurement. Moreover, manufacturers are increasing their production capabilities to develop e-loads that can connect with multiple loads to enhance the overall system power capacity.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Electronic Load Market
Advanced software interface has transformed the electronic load market landscape. Next-gen control technologies such as digital control platforms are becoming increasingly mainstream in the global market. Collaborative tie-ups with leading semiconductor companies such as Texas Instruments, in an effort to enhance power processing stages in e-load devices, is one of the strategic moves taken by emerging companies.
The demand for maximum voltage range e-load devices is witnessing an upward trend in the market. However, there still is a dearth of high voltage e-load devices that can be safely put in a series. Hence, companies are increasing their production capacities to increase the availability of high voltage e-loads.
Electronic Load Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest research report on the global electronic load market for the historical period of 2017–2018 and the forecast period of 2019–2027, increasing investments in power supply testing and measurement instruments and advancements in electronic loads with multiple interfaces are expected to boost the global market during the forecast period
- In terms of revenue, the global electronic load market is estimated to reach value of ~US$ 1.8 Bn by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of ~5% during the forecast period
Increasing Investments in Power Supply Testing and Measurement Instruments: A Key Driver
- Electronic loads are used for power conversion testing in applications including automated test systems, LED drivers, power supply testing, battery testing, and fuel cell testing
- Manufacturers are continuously designing new and technologically advanced electronic loads for the detection and testing of uninterruptible power supplies (UPSs), off-grid inverters, AC sources, and other power devices such as switches, circuit breakers, fuses, and connectors. Currently, RS-232 ports and USB ports are available for easy connections and detections for control. They can be configured for GPIB control as well.
- Modern circuits used in electronic loads can sink power at various levels of current and voltage for power supply design, quality inspection, and functional tests simultaneously. Moreover, investments in R&D for cost reduction are increasing so that consumers can get benefitted and make most of the equipment budget of their labs.
- With increasing usage of electronic loads in testing and measurement, the impact of this driver is currently moderate, but it is expected to increase throughout the forecast period
Advancements in Design and Development of Open Source Programmable Electronic Loads: Latest Market Trend
- Current circuit design for electronic loads provides good results, with constant voltage and current and they have enough features and power ratings; but these, sometimes, cannot fulfill the requirements of an embedded electronics design engineer. Therefore, considering the usage of current design, various researchers and electronics engineers are trying to manufacture cost-effective and high-performance electronic loads with new circuit designs.
- One of the designs of electronic load is being adopted, which is demonstrated by Dave Jones in an EEV blog. In this, circuitry of an electronic load circuit operating in the constant current mode has been explained.
- Several electronics hobbyists have replicated and improved the suggested design in various manners. These design files have been published on the Internet as part of the movement for open-source hardware.
- Various new and advanced documents and designs of open-source electronic loads are available as an open source and they can be used by any manufacturer in the world for making advancement in their existing electronic load measurement products. These advanced designs are offering various opportunities to manufacturers of electronic loads.
Complex Design and High Costs Associated with Electronic Loads a Major Restraint for Global Market
- Prices of electronic loads depend on both makeup of the instrument circuit and technical structure of the instrument such as the conducting material used, maximum voltage and current range, and USB compatibility. These features increase the cost of electronic load measurement products.
- Prices of electronic loads also depend on technical features of the instrument. Constant voltage and current, oscillations, design of a circuit board, and the ability to transfer test data to a computer are some of the features that can affect the price of an electronic load.
- Another issue related to the traditional electronic loads that some manufacturers are providing is the requirement for cables and wires to connect to the board due to dimensions of electronic load products. Cables introduce inductance in the load current path and affect the testing results, especially the current slew rate.
Electronic Load Market: Competition Landscape
- Detailed profiles of providers of electronic loads have been provided in the report to evaluate their financials, key product offerings, recent developments, and strategies
- Key players operating in the global electronic load market are
- AMETEK. Inc.
- B&K Precision Corporation
- Chroma Systems Solutions, Inc.
- EA Elektro-Automatik
- Itech Electronic Co. Ltd
- Keysight Technologies
- KIKUSUI ELECTRONICS CORPORATION
- Spellman High Voltage Electronics
- Tektronix, Inc.
- Texas Instruments Incorporated
Electronic Load Market: Key Developments
- Key providers of electronic loads, such as
- Chroma Systems Solutions, Inc.Chroma Systems Solutions, Inc., Keysight Technologies, and AMETEK. Inc., are focusing on mergers and acquisitions to attract more number of customers. One of the key developments in the global electronic load market is as follows:
- In August 2018, Keysight Technologies, Inc. acquired Thales Calibration Services, a subsidiary of Thales Group based in Melbourne, Australia. This acquisition established Keysight as the largest calibration & support services organization in Australia.
- In the report on the global electronic load market, we have discussed individual strategies, followed by company profiles of providers of electronic loads. The ‘Competition Landscape’ section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and company market share analysis of key players operating in the global electronic load market.
Electronic Load Market – Scope of the Report
A new study on the global electronic load market is published by Transparency Market Research (TMR). It presents detailed information of key market dynamics, including drivers, trends, and challenges for the global electronic load market as well as its structure. TMR’s study offers valuable information on the global electronic load market in order to illustrate how the market is expected to expand during the forecast period i.e. 2019–2027.
Key indicators of market growth, which include value chain analysis and compounded annual growth rate (CAGR), are elucidated in TMR’s study in a comprehensive manner. This data can help readers interpret the quantitative growth aspects of the global electronic load market.
An extensive analysis of business strategies adopted by leading market players is also featured in TMR’s study on the global electronic load market. This can help readers understand key factors responsible for growth of the global electronic load market. In this study, readers can also find specific data on avenues for qualitative and quantitative growth of the global electronic load market. This data would guide market players in making apt decisions in the near future.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Study on Global Electronic Load Market
- What would be the Y-o-Y growth trend of the global electronic load market between 2019 and 2027?
- What is the influence of the changing trend in applications on the global electronic load market?
- Would North America continue to remain the most dominant regional market for providers of electronic load products in the next few years?
- Which factors would hinder the global electronic load market during the forecast period?
- Which are leading companies operating in the global electronic load market?
A unique research methodology has been utilized by TMR to conduct comprehensive research on the global electronic load market and arrive at conclusions on future growth prospects for the market. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts warrant the accuracy and reliability of the conclusions drawn.
Secondary research sources referred to by analysts during production of the report on the global electronic load market include statistics from company annual reports, SEC filings, company websites, World Bank database, investor presentations, regulatory databases, government publications, and market white papers. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, and market intelligence managers, who have contributed to production of TMR’s study on the global electronic load market as a primary research source.
These primary and secondary sources provided exclusive information during interviews, which served as a validation from leading players operating in the global electronic load market. Access to an extensive internal repository as well as external proprietary databases allowed this report to address specific details and questions about the global electronic load market with accuracy. The study also uses a top-down approach to assess the numbers for each segment and a bottom-up approach to counter-validate them. This has helped in making TMR’s estimates on future prospects for the global electronic load market more reliable and accurate.
Electronic Load Market – Segmentation
TMR’s study on the global electronic load market divides the market based on type, application, maximum voltage range, end-use industry, and region. Changing market trends and other crucial market dynamics associated with segments of the global electronic load market have been discussed in detail in TMR’s study.
Maximum Voltage Range
Low Voltage (0V–150V)
Medium Voltage (0V–600V)
High Voltage (0V–1,200V)
Power Supply Equipment Manufacturing
Solar, Wind, and Energy
Middle East & Africa