Electronic Latching Systems: Introduction
- An electronic latching system is a locking device which operates through electric current. Electronic latching systems are remotely controlled and monitored, both to lock and unlock the door.
- Electronic latching systems are connected to an access control system. Electronic latching systems have advantages such as transaction logging, where activity is recorded; key control, where keys can be removed and added without re-keying the lock cylinder; and fine access control, where place and time are factors.
- Electronic latching systems have solenoids, motors, and magnets, to actuate the lock by either supplying or removing power.
- Electronic latching systems operate on the basis of two mechanisms: preventing mechanism and operation mechanism.
- Electronic latching systems are activated and deactivated by authentication methods such as security tokens, passwords, numerical codes, passphrases, biometrics, and RFID.
- Electronic latching systems occupy less space and are more secure as compared to manual locks.
- The global electronic latching systems market is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, owing to increased demand for electronic latching systems from end-users.
Global Electronic Latching Systems Market: Dynamics
Global Electronic Latching Systems Market: Key Drivers and Restraints
- Increasing demand for smart security systems due to rising trend of smart homes and smart cities plays an important role in augmenting the global electronic latching systems market.
- Rise in disposable income of consumers, increasing industrialization, and rapid urbanization are some of the major factors anticipated to boost the global electronic latching systems market in the next few years.
- Integration of advanced technologies, which includes face recognition and Bluetooth is a major factor anticipated to fuel the global electronic latching systems market in the next few years.
- Rise in number of smartphone users is also expected to propel the global electronic latching systems market during the forecast period.
- Electronic latching systems offer wireless connectivity, sends security alerts to the user on connected devices, and provides remote access. This is expected to boost the demand for electronic latching systems during the forecast period.
- Increasing need to enhance security solutions are estimated to contribute to the market growth in the upcoming years.
Lack of Awareness about Electronic Latching Systems to Hamper the Market
- High cost of electronic latching systems is the major factor expected to hinder the growth of the market in the next few years.
- Lack of awareness about availability and advantages of electronic latching systems is another major factor anticipated to hinder the market growth across the globe.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
North America to Hold Major Share of the Global Electronic Latching Systems Market
- In terms of region, the global electronic latching systems market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa.
- North America dominated the global electronic latching systems market in 2018, accounting for a significant share due to technological advancement and presence of well-established manufacturers in the region, particularly in the U.S. The U.S. is a key market in North America due to the increasing number of smart homes which generates demand for electronic latching systems in the country.
- Furthermore, supportive regulatory infrastructure for the development of new diagnostic products will push the need for more electronic latching systems, which is expected to indirectly influence the demand for electronic latching systems in this region.
- The electronic latching systems market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period. This can be attributed to growing awareness, increased government initiatives, rise in disposable income of consumers, increasing industrialization and rapid urbanization, and high demand for advanced security solutions in the region.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report
Global Electronic Latching Systems Market: Competitive Landscape
Key Players Operating in the Global Electronic Latching Systems Market
Several local, regional, and international players operating in the market manufacture electronic latching systems. Thus, the market is fairly fragmented and bargaining power of suppliers is low. The degree of competition among market players is also high. Rapid technological advancements have led to threat of substitution in the global electronic latching systems market. Key players operating in the global electronic latching systems market are:
- COMITRONIC - BTI
- EMKA Beschlagteile GmbH & Co. KG
- item Industrietechnik GmbH
- Rahrbach GmbH
- Southco Solutions
- TAI SAM CORPORATION
- Tec Tor
- Harper Engineering Company
- C.Ed. Schulte GmbH Zylinderschlossfabrik
Global Electronic Latching Systems Market: Research Scope
Global Electronic Latching Systems Market Segmentation, by Type
- Door Electronic Latching Systems
- Vehicle Electronic Latching Systems
Global Electronic Latching Systems Market Segmentation, by Authentication Method
- Security tokens
Global Electronic Latching Systems Market Segmentation, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.