Electronic Grade Sulfuric Acid: Introduction
- Electronic grade sulfuric acid is specifically manufactured for its application in the electronics industry, particularly in printed circuit boards (PCBs), microchips, semiconductors, and photovoltaic
- Electronic grade sulfuric acid is a significant part of microelectronic chemical reagents. Consumption of electronic grade sulfuric acid accounted for about 30% of total ultra-pure reagents in 2017. It is primarily used in semiconductors and ultra-large scale integrated circuit assembly and processing. Electronic grade sulfuric acid is used in semiconductor processing to remove residual organic contamination prior to metallization steps.
- Sulfuric acid is jointly used with either hydrogen peroxide or ozonated ultra-pure water to create an intended exothermic reaction. The additional energy that emits from this reaction is ideal for removing hard-baked photoresists and most organic contaminants from the surface of silicon production wafers.
Recent Trends/Developments in Electronic Grade Sulfuric Acid Market
- In 2018, BASF SE started operations at its new manufacturing plant of electronic grade sulfuric acid in Jiaxing, China, to cater to the demand for electronic grade sulfuric acid in semiconductor manufacturing processes. The company started its expansion plan to double its production capacity owing to the strong demand from customers in China.
Key Drivers of Electronic Grade Sulfuric Acid Market
- The electronics market is divided into several sub-sectors such as automotive electronics, consumer, computer, defense, and telecommunication. PCBs are employed as basic components for products in these sectors. Demand and production of electronic devices in Asia Pacific has been increasing at a rapid pace compared to that in North America and Europe. China has established itself as a prominent exporter of electronics products globally, surpassing the U.S. in 2005. Lower production cost and inexpensive labor are competitive advantages that boost the electronics industry in China. According to an article by the World Economic Forum, 90% of the world’s electronics are produced in the Shenzhen province of China. The electronics industry in Vietnam is also expanding significantly owing to trade liberalization, corporate tax reduction, labor quality improvement, and government reforms. Electronic grade sulfuric acid is primarily used in the electronics industry for cleaning and etching applications of semiconductors and PCBs. It is mainly used to clean silicon wafers during semiconductor manufacturing. Growth in the electronics industry in Asia Pacific is boosting the demand for electronic grade sulfuric in the region.
Key Restraint of Electronic Grade Sulfuric Acid Market
- Lack of production and technological expertise in production of electronic grade sulfuric acid in developing countries are the major restraints of the global electronic grade sulfuric acid market
Covid-19 Impact on Electronic Grade Sulfuric Acid Market
- The COVID-19 pandemic has severely impacted the end-use industries of electronic grade sulfuric acid. Electrical & electronics and automotive (automotive electronics) are among the worst-hit industries due to the pandemic. The industrial shutdown has also adversely impacted product and inventory transportation, as logistic services have been hampered due to the COVID-19 outbreak.
Asia Pacific to Hold Significant Share of Global Electronic Grade Sulfuric Acid Market
- In terms of region, the global electronic grade sulfuric acid market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- The electronic grade sulfuric acid market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period owing to growth in the electronics manufacturing industry in countries such as China, India, and Vietnam. Lower manufacturing cost in China, Vietnam, and Malaysia is the primary factor driving the production of electronic grade sulfuric acid in these countries. Production of electronic grade sulfuric acid is estimated to increase in these countries during the forecast period owing to lower corporate taxes compared to that in other developing and developed countries.
- The market in Europe and North America is estimated to expand at a sluggish pace in the next few years, owing to higher manufacturing cost, while the market in Middle East & Africa and Latin America is driven by recent economic developments and rise in investments in the electronics industry
Key Players Operating in Global Market
Key players operating in the global electronic grade sulfuric acid market include:
- PVS Chemicals Belgium
- BASF SE
- Ineos Group Holdings S.A.
- KMG Chemicals
- Kanto Chemical Co. Inc.
- Trident Group
- Linde PLC
- PVS Chemicals Inc.
- Reagent Chemicals
- Moses Lake Industries
- Chung HWA Chemicals Industrial Works, Ltd.
- Jiangyin Jianghuamicro Electronics Material Co. Ltd.
- Sigma-Aldrich Co. LLC
Global Electronic Grade Sulfuric Acid Market: Research Scope
Global Electronic Grade Sulfuric Acid Market, by Application
- PCB Panels
- Industrial Chemicals
Global Electronic Grade Sulfuric Acid Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.