Electromagnetic Weapons: Introduction
- Electromagnetic weapons are alternatively called E-bombs, as they can emit high-power flash of radio waves or microwaves that can disable any electronic circuitry or create physiological effects in those areas exposed to the electromagnetic pulse
- Electromagnetic weapons are a kind of directed energy weapons that emit electromagnetic radiation to deliver heat, mechanical, or electrical energy to a target in order to cause pain or permanent damage
- These electromagnetic weapons are widely utilized against humans, electronic equipment, and military targets, generally depending on the technology
- Electromagnetic weapons can be employed against equipment, where the directed electromagnetic energy weapons can operate similarly to omnidirectional electromagnetic pulse (EMP) devices, by generating destructive voltage within the electronic wiring
Rise in Demand for Electromagnetic Weapons Globally
- Electromagnetic weapons can be naturally occurring from solar activity or they can be man-made, such as an electromagnetic pulse discharged by the explosion of a nuclear weapon. Both can develop destructive effects on whatever area they envelop.
- Rise in demand for defense against terrorist attacks, chemical, biological, radiological, and nuclear attack so that civilian lives and the national security of a country can be preserved has increased the demand for electromagnetic weapons
- Electromagnetic weapons such as particle beam weapons, high power microwaves, and rail guns are required to prevent against attacks from threats such as ballistic missiles, anti-satellite weapons and nuclear weapons, etc.
- Most countries across the globe are adopting advanced electromagnetic energy technologies, such as high-power microwave weapons and electromagnetic weapons, in order to deal against the threat of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs). These electromagnetic weapons are being increasingly deployed into military platforms such as navy, airborne, mobile vehicles, and satellites.
North America to Lead Global Electromagnetic Weapons Market
- The market in North America is anticipated to expand significantly during the forecast period, due to an increase in defense budget, government support, and continuous development and procurement of modern warfare equipment, such as smart weapons, smart textiles, etc., in the region
- The electromagnetic weapons market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand substantially, as emerging countries, such as China and India, have increased their military spending due to raised possibilities of being targeted by terrorist attacks
- Demand for electromagnetic weapons in Asia Pacific has increased significantly owing to increased economic development and rise in security threats and border disputes in the region
Key Players Operating in the Global Electromagnetic Weapons Market
- Lockheed Martin Corp.
- Raytheon Technologies
- Honeywell Corporation
- Thales Group
- Northrop Grumman Corporation
- Rheinmetall AG
- BAE Systems
- Elbit Systems
Global Electromagnetic Weapons Market: Research Scope
Global Electromagnetic Weapons Market, by Technology
- Particle Beam Weapons (PBW)
- High Laser-induced Plasma Channel (LIPC)
Global Electromagnetic Weapons Market, by Product
- Lethal weapons
- Non-lethal weapons
Global Electromagnetic Weapons Market, by Platform
Global Electromagnetic Weapons Market, by Application
- Homeland security
Global Electromagnetic Weapons Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.