Electromagnetic Acoustic Transducer: Introduction
- Electromagnetic acoustic transducers are single element transducers that employ a magnetostrictive effect to transmit and receive ultrasonic waves
- Electromagnetic acoustic transducers (EMAT) is a non-destructive testing technology that has applications in a wide range of industrial sectors. EMAT is commonly utilized to evaluate the condition of manufactured objects, and the technology is especially effective at detecting stress corrosion cracking and disbonded coating.
- EMAT technology is an ultrasonic testing method that differs from the traditional piezoelectric transducers in the way the sound is generated. An EMAT is made of a magnet and a wire coil that generates elastic waves through electromagnetic acoustic interaction. The EMAT and the metal test surface interact and generate an acoustic wave within the material via Lorentz forces and magnetostriction. The material being inspected is its own transducer, eliminating the need for liquid couplants.
- The principle of EMAT generates an ultrasonic pulse within a metallic and/or ferromagnetic test object. No couplant is required because the sound waves are generated within the material. The EMAT, which consists of a magnet and an electrical coil, employs electro-magnetic forces to inject sound energy into the test object via a Lorentz Force and Magnetostriction combination.
Rising demand for electromagnetic acoustic transducer in oil & gas industry
- Based on end-use Industry, the oil & gas segment of the global electromagnetic acoustic transducer market is estimated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period due to increasing use of electromagnetic acoustic transducer for inspection of seamless tubes and testing pressure vessels applications
- Electromagnetic acoustic transducer is also utilized in applications in Testing pressure vessels such as for spot welding inspection testing and ultrasonic billets inspection
- Moreover, testing inspection is a dramatically expanding area of oil & gas, seeking to deliver data on time, comprehensive for various applications
- Rising adoption of electromagnetic acoustic transducer for various spot welding inspection testing, railway wheels ultrasonic, air coupled testing, and railway wheels magnetic testing applications is further propelling the market
Europe to Lead Global Electromagnetic Acoustic Transducer Market
- In terms of region, the global electromagnetic acoustic transducer market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- The electromagnetic acoustic transducer market in Europe is anticipated to expand at the high growth rate during the forecast period
- This expansion is attributed to a wide range of applications in diverse industries such as oil & gas industry because of new technological advancements. Thus, innovative technological developments are expected to increase the demand for electromagnetic acoustic transducers.
- The electromagnetic acoustic transducer market in Europe is expected to expand at high growth rate due to the presence of major players in the region and increased competition among them. The market in Middle East & Africa is likely to expand consistently during the forecast period because of the presence of a limited number of manufacturers in the region.
Key Players in the Global Electromagnetic Acoustic Transducer Market
The global electromagnetic acoustic transducer is highly fragmented as a large number of medium and large enterprises are present. Rise in demand for electromagnetic acoustic transducers in the oil & gas industry is prompting manufacturers of electromagnetic acoustic transducers to invest in research and development for further technological advancements in order to cater to the demand for electromagnetic acoustic transducers.
Key players operating in the global Electromagnetic Acoustic Transducer market include:
- Olympus Corporation
- Innerspec Technologies Inc
- Starmans electronics
- ROSEN Group
- IRISNDT, Inc.
- Integrity NDT Engineering
- Sonemat Ltd.
- ALS Limited
- Arora Technologies (P) Limited
Global Electromagnetic Acoustic Transducer Market: Research Scope
Global Electromagnetic Acoustic Transducer Market, by Type
- Electromagnet Type
- Permanent Magnet Type
Global Electromagnetic Acoustic Transducer Market, by Application
- Testing pressure vessels
- Inspection of seamless tubes
- Spot welding inspection testing
- Ultrasonic Billets inspection
- Railway wheels ultrasonic
- Others (Air coupled testing, Railway wheels magnetic testing etc.)
Global Electromagnetic Acoustic Transducer Market, by End-use Industry
- Oil and Gas
- Automotive and Transportation
- Power Generation
- Metal and Alloys
- Others (Railway, Aerospace etc.)
Global Electromagnetic Acoustic Transducer Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.