Electrolyte Mixes Market
Electrolyte Mixes Market (Type: Powder, Shots, Ready-to-Drink, and Tablets; Packaging: Plastic Bottles, Cans & Containers, Pouches & Sachets, Tetra Packs, and Stick Packs; and Electrolyte Concentration: Less than 100mg, 100-600mg, 600-1000mg, 1000-1600mg, 1600-2000mg, 2000-3500mg, and More than 3500mg) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020 - 2030
- Food & Beverages
- 335 Pages
Surge in Number of Health-conscious Consumers to Drive Sales
The ever-changing consumer behavior across the world is one of the key factors that continue to influence the global trends across the food & beverages industry. One of the key trends that have emerged within the food & beverages sector is that of electrolyte mixes. While innovations across the food & beverages sector have occurred at a consistent pace over the past decade, at present, brands are aiming to increase the health quotient of their products to cater to the growing health-conscious population worldwide. Functional waters mixed with electrolytes have garnered considerable popularity around the world, as the fitness market expands exponentially.
Sensing the growing demand for fitness products, several prominent companies have entered the electrolyte mixes market over the past few years. In addition, growing consumer awareness pertaining to the benefits of consuming electrolyte mixes has provided a considerable boost to the overall demand for electrolyte mixes worldwide. Surge in the number of health-centric consumers worldwide, engaging marketing strategies, and increasing focus on introducing electrolyte mixes with innovative packaging are some of the other factors expected to fuel the growth of the global electrolyte mixes market during the forecast period.
At the back of these factors, along with the growing demand for electrolyte mixes from the animal feed industry, the global electrolyte mixes market is on course to reach US$ 9.7 bn by the end of 2030.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Electrolyte Mixes Market
Consumers Turn to Electrolytes to Prevent Dehydration; Product Sales to Grow in Upcoming Decade
As the number of health-conscious and fitness-friendly consumers grows around the world, the demand for electrolyte mixes, especially in developed regions has witnessed impressive growth. Moreover, as more number of consumers continue to seek consultation services from dieticians, food experts, and fitness trainers, among others, awareness levels regarding the advantages of electrolyte mixes have increased due to which, the demand for electrolyte mixes has witnessed steady growth.
In addition, as electrolyte mixes play an imperative role in improving the human body functions and regulating the blood pressure, popularity levels around the world have increased over the past few years. Players involved in the current electrolyte mixes market are anticipated to focus on curating engaging marketing campaigns, increasing awareness regarding the benefits of electrolyte mixes, and pricing strategies to gain an advantage.
Oral rehydration solutions have gained worldwide popularity due to user convenience, availability of different flavors, and consistent research activities– a factor that is projected to provide an impetus for the growth of the global electrolyte mixes market during the forecast period.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Market Players Launch New Products to Gain Competitive Edge
Due to the rising demand for electrolyte mixes and health-related products, a number of small-scale as well as prominent brands has entered the global electrolyte mixes market, thus fueling market competition. Several brands are also engaged in research and development activities to improve the overall quality and effectiveness of their products. Moreover, several beverage companies are diversifying their product range to strengthen their foothold in the competitive electrolyte mixes market.
For instance, Gatorade launched Bolt24 to improve its sales and encourage more consumers to drink Gatorade regardless of their fitness routine. Moreover, in 2020, Gatorade announced that the company is set to launch a new product line, Power Water and Ultra. The new product, Gatorade Ultra, consists of 50% more electrolytes than the classic version of the Gatorade.
Furthermore, in August 2020, Liquid I.V. announced the launch of a new electrolyte drink mix that focusses on improving hydration. The move is set to expand the company’s market presence in the U.S. and is likely to be sold on both online as well as offline distribution channels.
Sales Likely to Remain Steady amid COVID-19 Pandemic
The onset of the COVID-19 pandemic is expected to have a minor impact on the overall growth of the global electrolyte mixes market. As several consumers continue to become aware of the importance of electrolyte mixes and its role in improving the overall fitness, the demand for electrolyte mixes has witnessed gradual growth in 2020 worldwide. However, due to stringent lockdown measures and shutdown of malls, retail stores, and supermarkets in several nations around the world, offline sales have dropped drastically in 2020. However, online sales have witnessed gradual growth over the first two quarters of 2020, as consumers are embracing the online sales channel as a precautionary measure during the pandemic.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Electrolyte Mixes Market
The global electrolyte mixes market is expected to expand at an impressive CAGR of 11% during the forecast period. The market growth can be attributed to rise in the number of health-conscious consumers worldwide, availability of a range of electrolyte mixes in different flavors, entry of a number of market players, and increase in investment toward research and development. Market players should focus on product diversification and expand their product range to solidify their presence in the current competitive landscape. Marketing and packaging strategies are also likely to provide considerable boost to the sales of electrolyte mixes in the upcoming years.
Electrolyte Mixes Market: Overview
- The global electrolyte mixes market value stood at US$ 3.2 Bn in 2020, finds Transparency Market Research (TMR) in a recent study. According to the report, the market is expected to reach US$ 9.7 Bn by 2030, at a CAGR of 11%.
- Some research studies have found that majority of individuals globally might have dehydration. Few causes of dehydration are vomiting, sweating, and diarrhea. Moreover, in recent years, there has been an increase in health awareness among consumers. Consumers are aware of the problems that can occur due to dehydration, and thus, buy products that fulfill the requirements of the body.
- The intake of electrolyte provides an excellent health advantage to tackle diarrhea and other related diseases. Thus, the demand for electrolyte mixes is anticipated to increase during the forecast period, owing to its remedial properties for diarrhea.
- As consumer preference for healthy products is increasing, manufacturers in the beverages industry are developing innovative products to attract health-conscious consumers. The manufacturers have developed novel energy and sports drinks, which contain electrolytes. Some companies are adding a high amount of potassium and low quantity of sodium in sports drinks. Therefore, increasing addition of electrolytes in beverages is estimated to propel the market.
Electrolyte Mixes: Market Frontrunners
- Ready-to-drink and tablets are the dominating type segments. Among these, the ready-to-drink segment is expected to hold the maximum share, in terms of value, of ~33.6% of the market in 2020.
- Pouches & sachets is the leading packaging segment of the global electrolyte mixes market. The segment accounted for ~34.7% of the market share based on the value.
- Based on electrolyte concentration, 100-600mg and 600-1000mg are the dominating segments of the global electrolyte mixes market. Among these, 100-600mg holds ~40.5% share of the market, in terms of value.
- North America holds the leading share of ~33.5% of the global electrolyte market, followed by Europe with ~29.3%. Other regions account for the remaining market share.
Electrolyte Mixes Market: Trends
- Adoption of innovative marketing strategies: Adoption of innovative marketing strategies has provided a significant opportunity for the participants in the electrolyte mixes market to expand their business at a consistent rate. With proper investment at each point of product growth, manufacturers have been working toward spreading information about health benefits associated with electrolyte mixes. In order to boost their product awareness, they have shared various statistics and claims with target customers.
- As the electrolyte mixes market is highly regulated, specifications of the product supplied determine the positioning of the product and its application. Manufacturers have also developed vegan, non-GMO, and gluten-free electrolyte mixes to increase consumer base. Companies are opting for such certifications to build consumer trust on their products, which is further estimated to have a positive influence on product sales.
- Functional Beverage Trends: The functional beverage industry comprises of a broad range of varieties that address various health-related concerns. Owing to the increasing use of electrolyte mixes products and growing demand for functional drinks across the globe, there is a rise in the demand for electrolyte mixes across the globe.
- In addition, with a growing emphasis on maintaining physical health, along with rising expenditure on functional drinks, the global demand for electrolyte mixes has increased. Sports enthusiasts and athletes prefer functional beverages to main nutrition levels. Furthermore, the use of electrolytes in the treatment of diarrhea and its other benefits are driving the global demand.
Electrolyte Mixes: Market Strategies
- Key players operating in the global electrolyte mixes market are focusing on innovation and product development. Strong supply chain facilities are helping companies to grow their business.
- Companies are expanding their presence into developing regions where there are several growth opportunities
Target Region for Market
- As of 2020, in terms of value, it is anticipated that North America will dominate the global market for electrolyte mixes. Growing consumption of ready-to-drink beverages and high demand for functional drinks have boosted the growth of the market for electrolyte mixes worldwide. The demand for electrolyte mixes has increased due to rising health awareness among individuals and high demand for beverages that help to improve the immune system.
- These drinks also enhance a balanced and active lifestyle. In recent years, the introduction of advanced isotonic beverages in Europe has gained enormous popularity, which has also positively influenced the region's demand for electrolyte mixes.
Electrolyte Mixes Market: Players
- Some of the key manufacturers operating in the electrolyte mixes market, as profiled in the study, are
- Abbott Laboratories
- Fonterra Co-operative Group Limited
- PepsiCo, Inc
- Prestige Brands Holdings, Inc.
- LyteLine, LLC
- Vega (CA)
- The Coca-Cola Company
- BA Sports Nutrition, LLC.
- Ultima Health Products, Inc
Electrolyte Mixes Market – Scope of the Report
Transparency Market Research (TMR) has recently published a market study on the electrolyte mixes market. It provides a detailed assessment of key market dynamics, including drivers, trends, opportunities & restraints, and detailed information about the electrolyte mixes market structure. The market study presents exclusive information about how the electrolyte mixes market will grow during the forecast period of 2020-2030.
Key indicators of market growth, which include year-on-year (Y-o-Y) growth of the market, value chain, supply chain analysis, and compounded annual growth rate (CAGR) have been elaborated in the study in a comprehensive manner. This information is intended to help readers understand the quantitative growth prospects of the electrolyte mixes market during the forecast period.
The study is intended to offer a holistic market overview to stakeholders in the electrolyte mixes market, including manufacturers, suppliers, distributors, and investors, and to help them develop winning growth strategies. Stakeholders in the electrolyte mixes market, which include investors, industry experts, researchers, and journalists, and business researchers, can leverage the information and data presented in the TMR’s study.
The study also includes statistics and facts related to the macro as well as microeconomic factors that are impacting the expansion of the market. It also offers actionable insights into the future trends in the electrolyte mixes market. Furthermore, small businesses and new entrants in the electrolyte mixes market can make use of the information presented in this study based on which, they can make appropriate business decisions in order to gain momentum in the market.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Electrolyte Mixes Market Report
- Which region will continue to remain the most profitable regional market for electrolyte mixes market players?
- Which factors will induce a change in the demand for electrolyte mixes during the assessment period?
- How will the changing trends impact the electrolyte mixes market?
- How can market players capitalize on low-hanging opportunities in the electrolyte mixes market in developed regions?
- Which companies are leading the electrolyte mixes market?
- What are the winning strategies of stakeholders in the electrolyte mixes market to catapult their position?
Electrolyte Mixes Market – Research Methodology
In TMR’s study, a unique research methodology has been used to conduct an extensive research on the growth of the electrolyte mixes market and identify future growth parameters. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research to help analysts ensure the accuracy and reliability of the conclusions.
Secondary sources referred to by analysts for compiling the electrolyte mixes market study include statistics from governmental organizations, trade journals, white papers, and internal and external proprietary databases. Analysts have interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, marketing/product managers, and market intelligence managers who have contributed in the development of this report as a primary source.
Information acquired from primary and secondary sources has been compiled in a comprehensive manner. This also acts as a validation from companies in the electrolyte mixes market, which makes TMR’s projections more accurate and reliable.
Electrolyte Mixes Market – Segmentation
TMR’s study on the electrolyte mixes market offers information divided into important segments - type, packaging, electrolyte concentration, and region. This report offers comprehensive data and information about important market dynamics and growth parameters associated with these categories.