Electroencephalogram (EEG) Caps Market: Overview
- Electroencephalogram (EEG) refers to neurophysiologic estimation of the electrical activity of the brain recorded and analyzed with the help of electrodes placed on the scalp or, in special cases, is inserted subdurally or in the cerebral cortex. Electrical activities thus recorded are framed in the form of electroencephalogram, symbolizing summation of post-synaptic potentials obtained from a large number of neurons.
- EEG electrodes are mostly used to detect abnormalities in the electrical activity of the brain, test for epilepsy, identifying the location of suspected brain tumor, inflammation or other diseases associated with the brain. During a normal EEG procedure, approximately 16 electrodes to 25 electrodes are attached during a single test sitting. For quick application, EEG electrodes are placed in elastic caps, rigid grids, or meshes to ensure that the data can be collected from identical scalp positions across respondents.
- Based on the usage pattern, two types of EEG electrodes, conventional and modern, are being marketed. In conventional scalp EEG, the recording is acquired by application of electrodes over scalp post light abrasion of scalp to reduce impedance.
- Several systems typically use electrodes, which are each attached to an individual wire. However, conventional EEG electrodes result in discomfort and reduce patient compliance. In order to overcome these issues, some systems make use of EEG caps in which electrodes are embedded. These systems are particularly common where high-density arrays of electrodes are required.
- The global electroencephalogram (EEG) caps market is projected to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period. Advantages of EEG caps over conventional electrodes and introduction of advanced neurology diagnostic devices are expected to drive the electroencephalogram (EEG) caps market.
Get a Glimpse of the In-Depth Analysis through our Electroencephalogram (EEG) Caps Market Report Brochure
Key Drivers of Global Electroencephalogram (EEG) Caps Market
- The global electroencephalogram (EEG) caps market is anticipated to be driven by the rise in geriatric population, increase in the number of neurological disorders, and technological advancements in EEG devices
- According to a report published by Alzheimer’s Disease International (ADI), it is estimated that in 2010, there were 35.6 million people affected with Alzheimer’s disease worldwide, which is likely grow to 115.4 million people by 2050. Approximately 6.2 million people die due to stroke each year with over 80% of deaths occurring in low and middle income countries. More than 50 million people have epilepsy worldwide. Rising burden of neurological disorders is anticipated to fuel the global electroencephalogram (EEG) caps market.
- Setting up EEG electrodes takes time, as it require precise placement of electrodes. Moreover, EEG devices are incompatible in carrying out EEG with MRI scanning simultaneously, which creates discomfort to the patient as well to the medical practitioner. However, product advancements to enhance comfort levels and patient compliance with EEG devices are anticipated to boost the market during the forecast period.
- In March 2014, Rhythmlink International, LLC received the FDA approval for Disposable MR Conditional Cup electrodes. Rhythmlink’s Disposable MR Conditional Cup Electrodes can safely remain on a patient during the MR scan in static magnetic fields without producing harmful heating, undue image artifact or motion artifact.
North America to Hold Major Share of Global Electroencephalogram (EEG) Caps Market
- North America is projected to account for a prominent share of the global electroencephalogram (EEG) caps market during the forecast period. Increase in geriatric population, high rate of adoption of advanced medical devices, and presence of major market players are expected to fuel the growth of the electroencephalogram (EEG) caps market in the region. Moreover, favorable reimbursement policies, increase in the number of diagnostic and imaging centers, and rise in funding by governments for neurology research are anticipated to propel the market in North America during the forecast period
- Due to growing number of campaigns, government interventions in enhancing healthcare facilities, and rising disposable incomes in Asian and Middle Eastern countries, the growth rate of electroencephalogram (EEG) caps market in these regions is high
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Electroencephalogram (EEG) Caps Market Report
Key Players Operating in Global Electroencephalogram (EEG) Caps Market
Major players operating in the global electroencephalogram (EEG) caps market are:
- DEYMED Diagnostic s.r.o.
- Natus Medical Incorporated
- ANT Neuro
- Compumedics Neuroscan
- Koninklijke Philips N.V.
- Advanced Brain Monitoring, Inc.
Global Electroencephalogram (EEG) Caps Market: Research Scope
Global Electroencephalogram (EEG) Caps Market, by Product
- Adult EEG Caps
- Pediatric EEG Caps
Global Electroencephalogram (EEG) Caps Market, by End-user
- Specialty Clinics
- Ambulatory Surgery Centers
Global Electroencephalogram (EEG) Caps Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.