Electroencephalogram (EEG) Caps Market: Overview
- Electroencephalogram (EEG) refers to neurophysiologic estimation of the electrical activity of the brain recorded and analyzed with the help of electrodes placed on the scalp or, in special cases, is inserted subdurally or in the cerebral cortex. Electrical activities thus recorded are framed in the form of electroencephalogram, symbolizing summation of post-synaptic potentials obtained from a large number of neurons.
- EEG electrodes are mostly used to detect abnormalities in the electrical activity of the brain, test for epilepsy, identifying the location of suspected brain tumor, inflammation or other diseases associated with the brain. During a normal EEG procedure, approximately 16 electrodes to 25 electrodes are attached during a single test sitting. For quick application, EEG electrodes are placed in elastic caps, rigid grids, or meshes to ensure that the data can be collected from identical scalp positions across respondents.
- Based on the usage pattern, two types of EEG electrodes, conventional and modern, are being marketed. In conventional scalp EEG, the recording is acquired by application of electrodes over scalp post light abrasion of scalp to reduce impedance.
- Several systems typically use electrodes, which are each attached to an individual wire. However, conventional EEG electrodes result in discomfort and reduce patient compliance. In order to overcome these issues, some systems make use of EEG caps in which electrodes are embedded. These systems are particularly common where high-density arrays of electrodes are required.
- The global electroencephalogram (EEG) caps market is projected to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period. Advantages of EEG caps over conventional electrodes and introduction of advanced neurology diagnostic devices are expected to drive the electroencephalogram (EEG) caps market.
Get a Glimpse of the In-Depth Analysis through our Electroencephalogram (EEG) Caps Market Report Brochure
Key Drivers of Global Electroencephalogram (EEG) Caps Market
- The global electroencephalogram (EEG) caps market is anticipated to be driven by the rise in geriatric population, increase in the number of neurological disorders, and technological advancements in EEG devices
- According to a report published by Alzheimer’s Disease International (ADI), it is estimated that in 2010, there were 35.6 million people affected with Alzheimer’s disease worldwide, which is likely grow to 115.4 million people by 2050. Approximately 6.2 million people die due to stroke each year with over 80% of deaths occurring in low and middle income countries. More than 50 million people have epilepsy worldwide. Rising burden of neurological disorders is anticipated to fuel the global electroencephalogram (EEG) caps market.
- Setting up EEG electrodes takes time, as it require precise placement of electrodes. Moreover, EEG devices are incompatible in carrying out EEG with MRI scanning simultaneously, which creates discomfort to the patient as well to the medical practitioner. However, product advancements to enhance comfort levels and patient compliance with EEG devices are anticipated to boost the market during the forecast period.
- In March 2014, Rhythmlink International, LLC received the FDA approval for Disposable MR Conditional Cup electrodes. Rhythmlink’s Disposable MR Conditional Cup Electrodes can safely remain on a patient during the MR scan in static magnetic fields without producing harmful heating, undue image artifact or motion artifact.
North America to Hold Major Share of Global Electroencephalogram (EEG) Caps Market
- North America is projected to account for a prominent share of the global electroencephalogram (EEG) caps market during the forecast period. Increase in geriatric population, high rate of adoption of advanced medical devices, and presence of major market players are expected to fuel the growth of the electroencephalogram (EEG) caps market in the region. Moreover, favorable reimbursement policies, increase in the number of diagnostic and imaging centers, and rise in funding by governments for neurology research are anticipated to propel the market in North America during the forecast period
- Due to growing number of campaigns, government interventions in enhancing healthcare facilities, and rising disposable incomes in Asian and Middle Eastern countries, the growth rate of electroencephalogram (EEG) caps market in these regions is high
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Electroencephalogram (EEG) Caps Market Report
Key Players Operating in Global Electroencephalogram (EEG) Caps Market
Major players operating in the global electroencephalogram (EEG) caps market are:
- DEYMED Diagnostic s.r.o.
- Natus Medical Incorporated
- ANT Neuro
- Compumedics Neuroscan
- Koninklijke Philips N.V.
- Advanced Brain Monitoring, Inc.
Global Electroencephalogram (EEG) Caps Market: Research Scope
Global Electroencephalogram (EEG) Caps Market, by Product
- Adult EEG Caps
- Pediatric EEG Caps
Global Electroencephalogram (EEG) Caps Market, by End-user
- Specialty Clinics
- Ambulatory Surgery Centers
Global Electroencephalogram (EEG) Caps Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.