Electrocautery Devices: Introduction
- Electrocautery device, also known as thermal cautery device, allows the passing of the electrical current through the heating element, thus burns tissues that die through direct heat transfer. This is portable battery-powered device, which is disposable or reusable. Electrocautery devices includes products such as electrodes, snares, knives, hot biopsy forceps, and other electrocautery accessories.
- Electrocautery devices apply high frequency alternative current or continues waveform to destroy tissues and in cutting procedure for coagulation purpose. These devices are designed to cut, coagulate, resect, and retrieve tissues. They enable fast and efficient collection of tissues, ablation and cauterization of lesions, control of bleeding, and tumor ablation.
Get a Glimpse of the In-Depth Analysis through our Comprehensive Electrocautery Devices Market Brochure
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Electrocautery Devices Market
- Continuous increase in the geriatric population and technological advancements are expected to be some of the drivers of the global electrocautery devices market during the forecast period. Geriatric population is prone to several diseases, such as cancer, cardiac arrest, and gastrointestinal diseases due to weak immunity. Moreover, demand for minimally invasive surgeries is high for the treatment of aged patients to avoid longer healing time and hospital stay. Hence, this need for effective treatment options for the geriatric population is expected to drive the demand for electrocautery devices. According to the WHO estimates, the global geriatric population is likely to reach around 2 billion (22% of global population) by 2050.
- Electrocautery devices are widely used for minimal invasive surgeries in the field of gynecology, cosmetology, open surgeries, laparoscopic procedures, and flexible endoscopic procedures. Minimally invasive surgeries entail short hospital stay, minimal incision, less post-surgery complications, and short recovery time. Moreover, growing trend of computer assisted or robotic minimally invasive surgeries is projected to boost the global electrocautery devices market. However, stringent regulatory scenarios and complications associated with the surgery are likely to restrain the growth of the global electrocautery devices market.
North America to Lead Global Electrocautery Devices Market
- In terms of region, the global electrocautery devices market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global electrocautery devices market in 2018, owing to increase in mergers and acquisitions, innovations and new product launches, and rise in the number of surgical procedures. Moreover, there is a rise in the number of surgeries being performed in ASCs as compared to hospitals or specialized clinics in North America. Minimal invasive surgical procedures allow short recovery time and hospital stay. This driving the electrocautery devices market in the region. Moreover, foray of local companies into disposable electrocautery devices is a factor that is anticipated to further boost the overall sales of these devices in the region.
- Asia Pacific is projected to be the fastest growing market for electrocautery devices, followed by Latin America and Middle East & Africa. Increase in geriatric population, number of different surgical procedures, and expertise in minimal invasive surgeries are expected to fuel the growth of the electrocautery devices market in the region.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Electrocautery Devices Market Report
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Electrocautery Devices Market
The global electrocautery devices market is consolidated with established key players offering devices used in surgical procedures. Key players offering electrocautery devices are:
- Olympus America
- HOBBS MEDICAL INC.
- Able Scientific
- Symmetry Surgical
- B. Braun Melsungen AG
- Medline Industries
- McKesson Corporation
- Beaver-Visitec International(BVI)
Global Electrocautery Devices Market: Research Scope
Global Electrocautery Devices Market, by Type
- Monopolar Electrocautery Devices
- Bipolar Electrocautery Devices
Global Electrocautery Devices Market, by Usage
- Reusable Electrocautery Devices
- Disposable Electrocautery Devices
Global Electrocautery Devices Market, by Application
- General Surgery
- Dermatology & Cosmetology
Global Electrocautery Devices Market, by Distribution Channel
- Specialized Clinics
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers (ASCs)
Global Electrocautery Devices Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.