Electroanatomical Cardiac Mapping Market: Introduction
The number of cardiac-related issues such as arrhythmia, cardiac arrest, valve blocks, and heart attack is rising presently. Surgery is a commonly used method to treat cardiac arrest and heart failure, which sometimes or after a period of time, leads to irregular heartbeat. This medical condition is called arrhythmia, which may arise post-cardiac operation or before that. A key method being employed for the treatment of arrhythmia is cardiac mapping. It is a useful approach for its treatment. In cardiac mapping, the areas of cardiac muscles are identified where there is irregular heartbeat, which are subsequently identified and removed. This, in scientific terms, is called ablation.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Electroanatomical Cardiac Mapping Market
- Rise in the number of heart issues (cardiac arrest); arrhythmia cases and their prevalence; advancements in technology; and use of modern-day scientific approaches such as advanced imaging techniques, software, and use of artificial intelligence, and machine learning approaches are major factors that drive the electroanatomical cardiac mapping market
- Research funding from government agencies and significant investments by several companies in the market are also key factors boosting the electroanatomical cardiac mapping market.
Contact cardiac mapping systems segment to lead market
- Based on product, the electro anatomical cardiac mapping market can be divided into contact cardiac mapping systems and non-contact cardiac mapping systems
- Rise in the use of contact cardiac mapping for the last few years can be attributed to the advantages offered by contact cardiac mapping, such as their accuracy in locating and detecting the exact locations of mapping and ablation catheters in a 3D environment, their efficiency in imaging along with multi-electrode basket catheter by recording in just a few beats and to detect the locations that are affected by arrhythmia. Additionally, accuracy & efficiency to measure and detect images with increased chances of disease diagnosis and ablation are also key factors driving the contact cardiac mapping systems segment.
Atrial fibrillation segment held notable market share
- Based on indication, the electroanatomical cardiac mapping market can be split into atrial fibrillation, atrial flutter, AVNRT and other arrhythmias
- The atrial fibrillation segment held a notable share of the market in 2019 due to new advancements in technology and rising arrhythmia cases. Moreover, the results produced by the use of atrial fibrillation are quite accurate, which in turn further propel the segment.
North America to dominate global electroanatomical cardiac mapping market
- Based on region, the global electroanatomical cardiac mapping Market can be segregated into North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific
- North America held a prominent share of the global electroanatomical cardiac mapping market due to a rise in the number of chronic cases, increase in number of clinical trials to reduce the risk of arrhythmia, and funding and investments from government agencies and corporates in the region.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Market
The global electroanatomical cardiac mapping market was highly fragmented in 2019. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Biosense Webster
- Boston Scientific Corporation
- Biosense Webster (US), Abbott (US)
- Medtronic (Ireland)
- MicroPort Scientific Corporation (China)
- EP Solutions SA (Switzerland)
- Acutus Medical (US)
- Koninklijke Philips N.V. (Royal Philips) (Netherlands)
- Lepu Medical (China), BIOTRONIK (Germany)
- AngioDynamics (US)
- BioSig Technologies (US)
- APN Health (US)
- CoreMap (US)
- Kardium (Canada)
- Catheter Precision (US)
Global Electroanatomical Cardiac Mapping Market, by Product
- Contact Cardiac mapping systems:
- Basket catheter mapping
- Traditional endocardial catheter mapping
- Non-contact Cardiac mapping systems
Global Electroanatomical Cardiac Mapping Market, by Indication
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Atrial Flutter
- Other Arrhythmias
Global Electroanatomical Cardiac Mapping Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.