Electric Sub-meter Market
Electric Sub-meter Market (Type: Smart Sub-meter, Electronic Sub-Meter, and Electromechanical Sub-Meter; Phase: Single Phase and Three Phase; and Application: Industrial, Residential, and Commercial) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020-2030
Press Release :
Awareness about Electrical Leakages Boosts Demand for Electric Sub-meters During COVID-19
The coronavirus pandemic has put majority of the manufacturing and supply channels of electric sub-meters on hold. Companies in the electric sub-meter market are anticipating that the business will witness a rapid recovery post the pandemic. The reopening of several manufacturing facilities is creating job opportunities for workers and is anticipated to revive in 2021.
The number of infected COVID-19 individuals is still indefinite in many parts of the world. Hence, companies in the electric sub-meter market are targeting customers who have become aware about cost savings, such as businesses providing rental services, industrial, and commercial sectors. Since individuals have become aware about electrical leakages and power cuts, there is a demand for smart sub-meters that provide accurate and real-time energy usage data.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Electric Sub-meter Market
New Meters Exclude Electricity Rates from Common Areas of Building
The allocation of energy costs is often more precise and better documented with electric sub-meters. However, in many cases, these individual meters do not eliminate the need for a meter in common areas of a building such as corridors, vestibules, basement, and underground parking. Hence, Hydro-Québec’s meters are gaining visibility as energy efficient solutions that exclude the electricity rate of common areas.
The electric sub-meter market is projected to cross the value mark of US$ 7.7 Bn by the end of 2030. The Multilin EPM 4600 Multi-feed Power and Energy Meter by tech giant General Electric (GE) is gaining recognition for quickly, accurately, and centrally measuring power and energy usage in specific areas to help reduce operating expenses.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Digital Metering Solutions Gaining Attention of Factory Owners
Advanced communication and login capabilities are being integrated in products being offered by companies in the electric sub-meter market. Manufacturers are increasing the availability of sub-metering solutions that provide comprehensive data logging and other options such as Wi-Fi and USB (Universal Serial Bus) for easy integration in both existing and new infrastructures. Companies in the electric sub-meter market are developing solutions that monitor and manage energy usage in factories, businesses, and across campuses.
Digital metering solutions are a fast growing phenomenon in the electric sub-meter market. Extensive data logging and alarm recording capabilities to systems are grabbing the attention of buyers. Advanced analysis and predictive maintenance of power systems are translating into value grab opportunities for manufacturers.
BMS, aM&T Systems Fuel Demand for Electric Sub-meters
With debate heating on climate change, it has become imperative for businesses to adopt electric sub-meters. These systems help in accurate monitoring of energy consumption in buildings, factories, and campuses. Stakeholders in Europe are abiding with the Metering Instruments Directive (MID) to establish the installation of new meters as per regulations. End users in retail chains, airports, hospitals, and local authority councils are becoming aware about the implementation of effective energy management policies.
Building management systems (BMS) are being combined with electric sub-meters to breakdown energy consumption into individual areas. Such trends are benefitting companies in the electric sub-meter market. Automatic Monitoring and Targeting (aM&T) systems are emerging as a key driver for growth of the electric sub-meter market.
Collaborations with Energy Experts Lead to Provision of Customized Sub-metering Solutions
Forward-thinking analytical tools with real-world data are gaining prominence in sub-metering solutions. CLPe Solutions - a specialist in energy and infrastructure solutions is acquiring recognition for its sub-meters or smart logger downstream systems that help facilities to operate in a smart and more energy efficient manner.
Managing a multi-building campus or a single high-rise building has become easier with the availability of sub-metering system management and support services. Companies in the electric sub-meter market are collaborating with energy experts to offer technology driven solutions to end users in order to derive actionable insights around energy consumption. Companies are increasing efforts to provide customized sub-metering solutions to customers to report site energy usage.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Electric Sub-meter Market
Government initiatives to launch rural electrification and installation of digital sub-meters are creating revenue opportunities for companies post the COVID-19 pandemic. The electric sub-meter market is slated to register a modest CAGR of ~4% during the forecast period. This is evident with the example of tenant owners who find it tedious to decentralize electro-mechanical systems by choosing separate equipment such as water heater & AC for each tenant. Hence, companies including Schneider Electric are making it possible to connect multiple sub-meter displays with its single Enercept meter. As such, BMS and aM&T systems are being combined with electric sub-meters to provide clear visualization of electricity consumption of across assets and buildings.
Electric Sub-meter Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest research report on the global electric sub-meter market for the historical period 2018–2019 and the forecast period 2020–2030, increasing adoption of electric sub-meters in commercial and industrial applications is expected to boost the global electric sub-meter market across the world
- In terms of revenue, the global electric sub-meter market is estimated to exceed the value of US$ 7.7 Bn by 2030, expanding at a CAGR of ~4% during the forecast period
- The electric sub-meter market is likely to expand at a considerable pace during the forecast period, owing to mandatory regulations for its installation in developed countries and growing practice of energy management across the world
Usage of Electric Sub-meters in Commercial and Industrial Sectors: A Key Driver
- Commercial and industrial sites across the world are witnessing rising demand for electric sub-meters for monitoring, controlling, and managing proper energy
- Real‐time sub-metering offers several benefits to buildings such as equipment performance optimization, smarter alarms implementation, dynamic control, and project performance verification
- Sub-metering data maximizes energy and operational savings in a comprehensive building automation system, thereby enabling advanced analysis and dynamic control changes to manage energy uses
- Thus, rising demand for electric sub-meters in commercial and industrial sectors across the world is expected to drive the market during the forecast period
- However, high cost of electric sub-meters is one of the major factors affecting the global electric sub-meter market. Furthermore, smart sub-metering adds to the cost of data collection and analysis as well as maintenance.
- Impact of the restraint is anticipated to reduce during the forecast period with growing awareness regarding efficient energy management, accurate billing, and greater transparency
Increasing Applications of Electric Sub-meters in Industrial Sector
- The industrial sector is projected to be the most attractive segment, owing to increasing installation of electric sub-meters in process industries, manufacturing, etc., to leverage dynamic control strategies and verify project performance
- Furthermore, stringent government regulations have been laid down to install electric-sub meters in industries. Therefore, the industrial sector is likely to account for almost half of the global electric sub-meters during the forecast period.
- Specifically, three phase electric sub-meters are experiencing increased adoption in industries for equipment performance optimization, project performance visualization, and to monitor sustainable sources of energy. Revenue grade sub-meters are highly preferred over standard sub-meters in manufacturing and other industrial applications.
- Furthermore, smart sub-meters are replacing non-smart electronic sub-meters in manufacturing and process industries, since they enable advanced analysis and dynamic control changes to manage energy use. Therefore, despite the high cost, their adoption is growing considerably in the industrial sector of developed countries of North America and Europe.
Electric Sub-meter Market: Competition Landscape
- Detailed profiles of electric sub-meter manufacturers have been provided in the report to evaluate their financial data, key product offerings, SWOT analysis, recent developments, and strategies
- Key players operating in the global electric sub-meter market are
- Siemens AG
- Elster Group
- GE Digital Energy
- Honeywell International Inc.
- Kamstrup AS
- Leviton Manufacturing Co. Inc.
- Nuri Telecom Co. Ltd.
- Schneider Electric SE
- Submeter Solutions
Electric Sub-meter Market: Key Developments
- Key providers of electric sub-meters, such as Schneider Electric, Kamstrup, GE Digital Energy, and Honeywell International Inc., are focusing on technological developments in their electric sub-meter product portfolio. For instance, several manufacturers such as General Electric Co. and Siemens AG provide multi-functional sub-meters with Ethernet, Modbus, and Wi-Fi communication connections. They are also incorporating current transformers instead of current sensors in order to increase the current handling capacity of electric sub-meters, specifically in commercial and industrial sectors.
- Some other key developments in the global electric sub-meter market are highlighted below:
- In November 2020, Kamstrup signed a partnership with Goteborg Energi for a turnkey smart metering solution. The partnership helped to replace 275,000 electricity meters with new intelligent meters with the latest technology in Sweden. Furthermore, in the same year, Kamstrup announced a strategic partnership with Avance Metering to enable an easy transition from old to new intelligent metering generation.
- In September 2020, Schneider Electric launched a smart equipment that is expected to help electricity distribution companies in Nigeria to fix grid faults, restoring power after disruption in less than a minute
- In the global electric sub-meter market report, we have discussed individual strategies, followed by company profiles of providers of electric sub-meters. The ‘Competition Landscape’ section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and company market share analysis of key players operating in the global electric sub-meter market.
Electric Sub-meter Market – Scope of the Report
A new study on the global electric sub-meter market is published by Transparency Market Research (TMR). It presents detailed information on key market dynamics, including drivers, trends, and challenges for the global electric sub-meter market as well as its structure. TMR’s study offers valuable information on the global electric sub-meter market in order to illustrate how the market is expected to expand during the forecast period i.e. 2020–2030.
Key indicators of market growth, which include value chain analysis and compound annual growth rate (CAGR), have been elucidated in TMR’s study in a comprehensive manner. This data can help readers interpret the quantitative growth aspects of the global electric sub-meter market.
An extensive analysis of business strategies adopted by leading market players has also been featured in the TMR’s study on the global electric sub-meter market. This can help readers understand key factors responsible for growth of the global electric sub-meter market. In this study, readers can also find specific data on avenues for qualitative and quantitative growth of the global electric sub-meter market. This data would guide market players in making apt decisions in the near future.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Study on Electric Sub-meter Market
- What would be the Y-o-Y growth trend of the global electric sub-meter market between 2020 and 2030?
- What is the influence of changing trends in types of electric sub-meter on the global market?
- Would North America continue to be the most dominant regional market for providers of electric sub-meters over the next few years?
- Which factors would hinder the global electric sub-meter market during the forecast period?
- Which are the leading companies operating in the global electric sub-meter market?
A unique research methodology has been utilized by TMR to conduct a comprehensive research on the global electric sub-meter market and arrive at conclusions on future growth prospects for the market. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts warrant the accuracy and reliability of the conclusions drawn.
Secondary research sources referred to by analysts during production of the report on the global electric sub-meter market include statistics from company annual reports, SEC filings, company websites, World Bank database, investor presentations, regulatory databases, government publications, and market white papers. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, and market intelligence managers, who have contributed to production of TMR’s study on the global electric sub-meter market as a primary research source.
These primary and secondary sources provided exclusive information during interviews, which served as a validation from leading players operating in the global electric sub-meter market. Access to an extensive internal repository as well as external proprietary databases allowed this report to address specific details and questions about the global electric sub-meter market with accuracy. The study also uses a top-down approach to assess the numbers for each segment and a bottom-up approach to counter-validate them. This has helped in making TMR’s estimates on future prospects for the global electric sub-meter market more reliable and accurate.
Electric Sub-meter Market – Segmentation
TMR’s study of the global electric sub-meter market segments the market based on type, phase, application, and region. Changing market trends and other crucial market dynamics associated with segments of the global electric sub-meter market have been discussed in detail in the TMR’s study.