Electric Bug Zapper: Introduction
- Electric bug zapper, also known as electric insect killer or electrocutor trap, is used to kill insects or bugs with electricity. Electric bug zapper helps to control bugs and prevent mosquito bites. An electric zapper has UV light to attract bugs and kill them once they are in contact with the electric grid.
- The several types of electric bug zappers include lantern-style, racket, light bulb, and hanging indoor insect killer.
- Rising concerns of people regarding health, and diseases caused by insects is expected to drive the electric bug zapper market during the forecast period.
Key Drivers and Opportunities of the Global Electric Bug Zapper Market
- As per a World Health Organization report, in the year 2019, nearly half of the world's population was at risk of malaria which is caused by bites of female Anopheles mosquitoes. Malaria can lead to headache, fever, and chills; also, if not treated on time, it can progress to severe illness, often leading to death. Thus, demand for bug zappers is expected to increase owing to rise in number of such cases and health concerns.
- There is also an alarming rise in dengue cases over 8 folds in the last two decades. Rising health issues due to increase in number of diseases spread by bugs, such as Zika virus, West Nile virus, yellow fever, EEE virus, lymphatic filariasis, and chikungunya, have compelled consumers to buy insect killer products, which is expected to accelerate the growth of the electric bug zapper market.
- Increasing awareness about insect-borne diseases has created healthy demand for the product. Furthermore, long term exposure to mosquito repellents in the form of coil, mats, and vaporizers may cause allergies, irritation in the eyes, and persistent wheeze and asthma in children, which may drive consumers to discover alternative products such as electric bug zappers. This is expected to forge the growth of the market.
- Some of the electric insect zappers may not lure all kinds of bugs and are less portable, which is expected to restrain the market growth during the forecast period.
Asia Pacific to Hold Major Share of the Global Electric Bug Zapper Market
- In terms of region, the global electric bug zapper market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America.
- Asia Pacific dominates the global electric bug zapper market due to rising cases of insect-borne diseases. Asia alone represents 70%of the global burden of dengue with increasing cases in countries such as Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Singapore, India, Maldives, and Indonesia. Also, concerns about diseases caused by bugs is expected to drive the market growth in this region.
- The market in Asia Pacific is followed by markets in North America and Middle East & Africa. Rise in spread of infectious diseases and awareness about hygiene in the region is expected to drive the global electric bug zapper market during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in the Global Electric Bug Zapper Market
- Black+Decker (Black and Decker)
- Skeeter Hawk (Alliance Sports Group brand)
- Stringer (Helen of Troy Limited)
Global Electric Bug Zapper Market: Research Scope
Global Electric Bug Zapper Market, by Type
- Light Bulb
- Others (Hanging Indoor Insect Killer, etc.)
Global Electric Bug Zapper Market, by Coverage Area
- Up to 10 sq.m.
- 10 – 20 sq.m.
- Above 20 sq.m.
Global Electric Bug Zapper Market, by Price
- Up to US$ 25
- US$ 25 – US$ 50
- Above US$ 50
Global Electric Bug Zapper Market, by End-use
Global Electric Bug Zapper Market, by Distribution Channel
- E-commerce Websites
- Company Owned Websites
- Supermarket / Hypermarket
- Specialty Stores
- Other Retail Stores
Global Electric Bug Zapper Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!