Electric Bug Zapper: Introduction
- Electric bug zapper, also known as electric insect killer or electrocutor trap, is used to kill insects or bugs with electricity. Electric bug zapper helps to control bugs and prevent mosquito bites. An electric zapper has UV light to attract bugs and kill them once they are in contact with the electric grid.
- The several types of electric bug zappers include lantern-style, racket, light bulb, and hanging indoor insect killer.
- Rising concerns of people regarding health, and diseases caused by insects is expected to drive the electric bug zapper market during the forecast period.
Key Drivers and Opportunities of the Global Electric Bug Zapper Market
- As per a World Health Organization report, in the year 2019, nearly half of the world's population was at risk of malaria which is caused by bites of female Anopheles mosquitoes. Malaria can lead to headache, fever, and chills; also, if not treated on time, it can progress to severe illness, often leading to death. Thus, demand for bug zappers is expected to increase owing to rise in number of such cases and health concerns.
- There is also an alarming rise in dengue cases over 8 folds in the last two decades. Rising health issues due to increase in number of diseases spread by bugs, such as Zika virus, West Nile virus, yellow fever, EEE virus, lymphatic filariasis, and chikungunya, have compelled consumers to buy insect killer products, which is expected to accelerate the growth of the electric bug zapper market.
- Increasing awareness about insect-borne diseases has created healthy demand for the product. Furthermore, long term exposure to mosquito repellents in the form of coil, mats, and vaporizers may cause allergies, irritation in the eyes, and persistent wheeze and asthma in children, which may drive consumers to discover alternative products such as electric bug zappers. This is expected to forge the growth of the market.
- Some of the electric insect zappers may not lure all kinds of bugs and are less portable, which is expected to restrain the market growth during the forecast period.
Asia Pacific to Hold Major Share of the Global Electric Bug Zapper Market
- In terms of region, the global electric bug zapper market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America.
- Asia Pacific dominates the global electric bug zapper market due to rising cases of insect-borne diseases. Asia alone represents 70%of the global burden of dengue with increasing cases in countries such as Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Singapore, India, Maldives, and Indonesia. Also, concerns about diseases caused by bugs is expected to drive the market growth in this region.
- The market in Asia Pacific is followed by markets in North America and Middle East & Africa. Rise in spread of infectious diseases and awareness about hygiene in the region is expected to drive the global electric bug zapper market during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in the Global Electric Bug Zapper Market
- Black+Decker (Black and Decker)
- Skeeter Hawk (Alliance Sports Group brand)
- Stringer (Helen of Troy Limited)
Global Electric Bug Zapper Market: Research Scope
Global Electric Bug Zapper Market, by Type
- Light Bulb
- Others (Hanging Indoor Insect Killer, etc.)
Global Electric Bug Zapper Market, by Coverage Area
- Up to 10 sq.m.
- 10 – 20 sq.m.
- Above 20 sq.m.
Global Electric Bug Zapper Market, by Price
- Up to US$ 25
- US$ 25 – US$ 50
- Above US$ 50
Global Electric Bug Zapper Market, by End-use
Global Electric Bug Zapper Market, by Distribution Channel
- E-commerce Websites
- Company Owned Websites
- Supermarket / Hypermarket
- Specialty Stores
- Other Retail Stores
Global Electric Bug Zapper Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.