Electric Beds Market: Introduction
- Electric bed enables changing the position of both the upper and lower body and adjust the bed height itself. It can also help with a number of medical conditions.
- Poor quality of sleep and uncomfortable sleeping positions can potentially exacerbate medical conditions. Electric beds offer various advantages to people with medical conditions or sicknesses such as poor mobility, swelling complaints, asthma, chronic pain, breathing disorders, and other medical conditions.
Key Drivers, Restrains, and Opportunities of Global Electric Beds Market
- Rise in demand for electric beds is attributed to increase in number of hospitals in developing countries, rise in patient population, surge in geriatric patient population, and surge in acceptance of technologically advanced products are projected to boost the growth of the segment. Outbreak of COVID-19 across the globe has increased the number admissions to hospitals and clinics. For elderly people and patients with critical conditions, electric beds are among the primary requirements. According to the WHO, the number of people aged 65 or older is anticipated to rise globally from 524 million in 2010 to 1.5 billion in 2050. The geriatric population is particularly vulnerable to diseases such as arthritis, heart attack, stroke, osteoporosis, and obesity.
- Electric beds provide extra comfort, facilitate circulation of blood, and are fitted with caregiver assistance, which is convenient for patients. These factors are expected to fuel the growth of the global market during the forecast period. However, low adoption rate of electric beds among patients preferring home health care setups is likely to hamper the growth of the market.
- The world is currently experiencing the pandemic of an infectious disease called COVID-19. This infection leads to multiple organ failure, acute & severe respiratory disorders, pneumonia, and even death in severe cases. Hence, surge in number of patients with severe COVID-19 infection has fueled the demand for electric beds, as these are among the primary requirements for patients with critical conditions.
- Administrations in emerging countries are making significant investments to improve health care infrastructure, which is likely to increase access to health care. This is projected to increase the demand for electric beds. Rise in prevalence of chronic diseases in developing countries presents lucrative opportunities in the global electric beds market.
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Electric Beds Market
- North America is projected to account for major share of the global electric beds market in the next few years, attributed to rise in the number of surgeries and patient admissions. Initiatives to improve patient safety and comfort by offering technologies and modifications are being pursued by major market players in the region. Moreover, COVID-19 outbreak and increase in patients of COVID-19 in North America is anticipated to boost the growth the electric beds market in the region.
- The market in Asia Pacific is expected to grow at a rapid pace during the project period. The emergence of developing countries such as China, India, and Japan is likely to augment the market in the region. Expanding health care infrastructure and increase in awareness about patient safety and treatment are projected to propel the market in Asia Pacific.
Key Players Operating in Global Electric Beds Market
Companies are making efforts to sell electric beds across the world by highlighting the advantages of products and releasing products with groundbreaking features. For example, in October 2020, Stryker introduced ProCuity, a series of electric beds, which is fitted with a number of revolutionary features for patient monitoring. This product helps to prevent patient falls, enables professionals to track bedridden patients effectively, and preserve bed connectivity while moving.
Major players operating in the global electric beds market are listed below:
- Medline Industries, Inc.
- Paramount Bed Co., Ltd.
- Invacare Corporation
- Gendron, Inc.
- Other Prominent Players
Global Electric Beds Market: Research Scope
Global Electric Beds Market, by Product
- Semi-automatic Electric Beds
- Fully Automatic Electric Beds
Global Electric Beds Market, by Application
- General Hospital Beds
- Intensive Care Beds
- Bariatric Beds
- Birthing Beds
Global Electric Beds Market, by End-user
- Hospitals & Clinics
- Dental Clinics
- Reproductive Care Centers
This upcoming business intelligence report is intended to be a one-stop market research solution to guide organizations in taking timely and effective decisions for their business growth. The ongoing study is the culmination of our deep expertise on data science methods, combined with an unparalleled understanding of the external environment and analysis of the industries. Each of the reports by TMR aims at offering a detailed scrutiny of the value chain of our current and prospective customers, takes them from identifying value propositions, and subsequently assist their business executives to implement right strategies to create customer value. We believe that creating and sustaining the customer value is the key pivot on which business executives can create profits for their organizations and increase the market shares, continuously and with sustainability.
Each of our touchpoints through which we engage with the organization/enterprise during the primary research enables us to understand the internal environment it operates in and the ways in which the external environment influences its growth.
Always Evolving with Competition
Excellence is built into the DNA of TMR, and all our teams work collaboratively and committedly toward achieving that in whatever they do. From the very first interaction our teams of research analysts have with any interested market participant to the final preparation processes in each of our reports reflects a rigorous understanding of the dynamic industry environment that businesses operate in.
We relentlessly work to be a differentiator in whatever we do in the current era of hypercompetitive global environment. The result of our unceasing focus on excellence is reflected clearly in the insights and guidance we offer to our customers in order to empower them to create brand equity. Our simple yet very powerful underpinning for navigating the competition is to always keep evolving with changing business environments. Our close-kinit team of research analysts not only believe in this simple philosophy but also implement the same.
Constantly Innovating Our Research Methodologies and Models
We do not limit with any specific market research tool or one standard approach for obtaining or analyzing data. Undoubtedly, our report making process is ever-evolving to meet the customer needs and demands supported broadly by a vast knowledge of data science methods that we combine with business acumen our teams have built upon for several years. Evidently, our primary and secondary research data about customers and consumers have shown that we can go to any lengths to obtain them. This is followed by applying next-gen automation tools integrated with human judgement to clear the clutter, ascertain the most relevant and recent qualitative and quantitative insights, and package them in digestible chunks in our reports for our customers.
We Take Pride in No-One-Size-Fits-All Approach
Over the past several years, we have been conducting market intelligence studies across all industries for all types of organizations — big and small, profit and not-for-profit, and Fortune 500 and Unicorns, as we believe that a sound decision making must be based on no-one-size-fits-all approach. Without doubt, each of the organizations regardless of the industry they are in are affected differently by changes in political, economic, socio-culture, legal, ecological, and legal environments. The research models and the value chain analysis process that our analysts employ for conducting the study uphold this approach.
We look at myriad components of internal and external business environment affecting the growth strategies of organizations. Some of the broader aspects that we focus on are:
- Our team of Analysts and Support Teams always strive to see the bigger picture in life cycle stages of any industry
- The Teams focus on obtaining valuable insights into different models of competitive advantage while making an internal environment analysis
- They keep on modifying the value chain analysis processes of organizations to understand on how customer value is created
Some areas of assessing market dynamics that are used in the research models and methodologies adopted by our analysts can be summarized as:
- Corporate and business strategies underlying new brand positioning strategies
- Mapping for strategic planning for business units
- Various metrics for business portfolio analysis, including BCG matrix
- Value chain analysis
These will help create and sustain competitive advantage for our prospects and current customers.
Key focus areas and agenda that underpin and catalyze our primary and secondary research initiatives and endeavors are:
- What are some of the core competencies and distinctive competencies of new entrants and established players in the industry we are analyzing?
- What are some of the branding opportunities that are emerging at a rapid pace?
- What are the major competitive forces and elements of external environment shaping the industry life cycle stages of most organizations?
- Why some competitive strategies are popular than others among leaders in a certain market?
- What customer-based brand equity strategies companies have leveraged in a certain industry or set of related industries in a sector?
- What are some of the key pricing strategies that companies in an industry are implementing for marketing their products internationally?
- Identifying whether market-push or market-pull strategies are more relevant to a certain product or a service?
Disclaimer: This ongoing market research study is a meticulously planned activity where a broad array of factors and aspects that shape the marketing environment and industry are taken into account. However, keeping in mind the constantly changing nature of business dynamics and changing strategic intents, we are always actively making iterations and modifications in our approaches. As always, we are ready to tailor our insights and guidance to suit your requirements. Engage with us to know what more is there for your CXOs.