eHealth Software and Services Market: Introduction
- eHealth apps are applications and services that monitor, distribute, store, or document information used in the delivery, payment, or record keeping of health care treatment. mHealth, a part of eHealth, stands for mobile health and is a sub-segment of eHealth, which deals with medical practice for the benefit of mobile devices assisted by public health care.
- eHealth includes electronic health record (EHR), computer assisted physician order entry, ePrescribing, medical decision support system, telecare, telerehabilitation, telesurgery, telemedicine, consumer safety information systems, health information sharing, virtual health teams, grid-based medical testing, and health information systems.
Key Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities of Global eHealth Software and Services Market
- Increase in smartphone adoption is anticipated to boost the growth of the global eHealth applications and services market. According to the Pew Research Center, 81% of the U.S. adults used smartphones as of February 2019 compared to 77% in October 2018.
- Transformation of the health care industry into a digital health care framework for patient health management and research is expected to boost the growth of the global market. Moreover, rise in prevalence of chronic diseases and technological advances are likely to drive the global ehealth software and services market. Rise in use of mobile devices and the Internet and increase in patient preference for home treatment are projected to drive global market during the forecast period.
- It is anticipated that more IT companies will focus on the production of real-time apps and software pertaining to the health care industry. This is likely to boost demand during the forecast period. Since 2007, a number of initiatives have been formulated by federal agencies such as the European Coordination Committee of the Radiological, Electromedical and Healthcare IT Industry to promote and popularize e-health. One of these is the December 2012 eHealth Action Plan, which contains 16 planned actions aimed at boosting the use of eHealth, focusing on increasing science, creativity, interoperability, and adoption.
North America to Capture Major Share of Global eHealth Software and Services Market
- North America is projected to dominate the global ehealth software and services market during the forecast period, accounting for significant share in terms of revenue. The American Health Information Community (AHIC) has undertaken a number of initiatives to target technologically updated population base. This is anticipated to drive the market in the region. Growth in the market in North America can be attributed to the region's strong IT infrastructure, increased investment and regulatory mandates favoring the introduction of eHealth solutions, involvement of major health care IT firms, and increase in usage of solutions and services for remote patient monitoring to manage common chronic diseases and lifestyle disorders.
- The market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. The region's high growth is attributed to government spending and reforms aimed at modernizing health care systems, growing medical tourism, introduction of e-health services and increase in per capita income in the region.
Key Players Operating in Global EHealth Software and Services Market
The global ehealth software and services market is highly consolidated, with the presence of small number of key players. These players hold a major share in their respective regions. Leading players operating in the global ehealth software and services market are:
- McKesson Corporation
- eHealth Technologies
- GE Healthcare
- Johnson & Johnson Healthcare Systems, Inc.
- Aerotel Medical Systems, Ltd.
- Siemens Healthineers
- Allscripts Healthcare Solutions, Inc.
- KareXpert Technologies.
- Other Prominent Players
Global eHealth Software and Services Market: Research Scope
Global eHealth Software and Services Market, by Type
- eHealth Software
- Healthcare System Applications
- mHealth Applications (solutions for patients)
- eHealth Services
Global eHealth Software and Services Market, by End-user
- Public/Private Healthcare Institutions
- Healthcare Workers
Global eHealth Software and Services Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East &Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.