Eczema Care Products: Introduction
- Eczema, also known as dermatitis, is a condition caused by genetics, stress, and environmental triggers such as smoke and fragrance. Even certain nuts and dairy products can trigger eczema or dermatitis. The symptoms of eczema are itchiness, swelling, and inflammation. Eczema usually develops in early childhood.
- There is no permanent cure for eczema, but different types of products in the form of cream, moisturizer, lotion, balm, spray, ointment, antibiotics, etc. are available in the market to heal the problems caused by eczema.
- Rising skin problems caused by eczema such as redness, swelling, and awareness about skin hygiene and care is expected to drive the global eczema care products market during the forecast period.
Key Drivers and Opportunities of the Global Eczema Care Products Market
- A study has found that globally, 2 to 5 percent of adults and nearly 15% of children suffer from symptoms such as itchiness and inflammation, and about 35 million Americans suffer from eczema. Eczema care products such as antibiotics, antihistamines, moisturizers, and ointments, help in healing itchy and inflamed red skin. These factors are expected to drive the market for eczema care products during the forecast period
- Rise in usage of social media and increasing internet penetration will further help in advertising the products and create awareness amongst consumers. In addition, increasing disposable income increases spending capacity of consumers and is expected to boost the demand for eczema skin care products.
- Side effects of using oral medication such as immunosuppressant for a long period of time and some rare side effects of eczema products such as skin ulcer, hives, and skin stretch marks can hinder the growth of the eczema care products market.
- Manufacturers are focusing on research and development to introduce new products with natural ingredients in them such as aloe vera gel, and apple cider to attract more consumers and increase their consumer base.
North America to Hold Major Share of the Global Eczema Care Products Market
- In terms of region, the global eczema care products market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America.
- North America dominates the global eczema care products market due to high prevalence of the disease in the region and adoption of the relevant products.
- The market in North America is followed by markets in Europe and Asia Pacific. Rising awareness about skin problems caused by eczema in these regions is expected to drive the eczema care products market during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in the Global Market
Major players operating in the global eczema care products market include:
- Astellas Pharma Inc.
- Bausch Health Companies Inc.
- Bayer AG
- GlaxoSmithKline Plc
- Johnson & Johnson
- Pfizer, Inc.
Global Eczema Care Products Market: Research Scope
Global Eczema Care Products Market, by Product Type
- Others (Balm, etc.)
Global Eczema Care Products Market, by Price
Global Eczema Care Products Market, by Distribution Channel
- E-commerce Websites
- Company Owned Websites
- Supermarket / Hypermarket
- Specialty Stores
- Other Retail Stores
Global Eczema Care Products Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!