Eco-friendly Labels Market
Eco-friendly Labels Market (Material: Paper and Plastic; Label Type: Pressure Sensitive Labels [PSL], Shrink Labels, Stretch Labels, Wet Glue Labels, and Others; Printing Technology: Flexography, Digital, Gravure, Screen, and Offset; and End Use: Food & Beverages, Pharmaceuticals, Cosmetics & Personal Care, Homecare & Toiletries, Clothing & Apparels, Chemicals, and Automotive) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2021-2029
Press Release :
Environmental Concerns Being Resolved by Eco-friendly Solutions
Labels are mainly used for any sequence of credentials, knowledge, warnings, direction for use, environmental advocacy, or promotional activity. Most labels are in the form of stickers, or temporary and permanent labels printed on the packaging. Due to its significant role in every industry, the shelf life of labels has become a critical concern for producers and consumers. Labels are used everywhere in the daily life. From individuals to big businesses, labels have their consumers in every industry. Thus, manufacturers have introduced eco-friendly labels for individuals with environmental concerns about waste labels and their contribution toward pollution, thus driving the eco-friendly labels market.
Environmentally favorable and organic products are idealized and evaluated positively compared to conventional alternatives. The planet is facing a sustainability challenge due to pollution, landfills, and non-recyclable scraps. In order to reduce the environmental impact of products, consumers are demanding environment-friendly packaging and labeling solutions. Eco-friendly labels limit pollution by reducing car carbon footprints. They are sustainable, biodegradable, and recyclable, and growing in popularity among consumers. These factors are fueling the growth of the eco-friendly labels market during the forecast period.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Eco-friendly Labels Market
Use of Sustainable Materials Displays Positive Impact on Global Market
The growing demand for eco-friendly labels has enabled an extensive range of sustainable labels produced from renewable fabrics and papers, post-consumer scrap, dissolvable and repulpable papers, etc. With the rise of environment-conscious consumers around the world, the eco-friendly labels market is expected to grow during the forecast period. Eco-friendly labels have a variety of applications and markets, thus, they are made from various materials. Mostly, they are made to be applied on steel, metal, cardboard, and glass, depending on consumer demand.
In the upcoming years, eco-friendly labels are anticipated to expand with the growth of the sustainable packaging segment. End-use industries such as food & beverages, cosmetics, and personal care are major consumers of eco-friendly labels. Sustainable market trends also include soy-based inks and renewable paper & films with corn-based products. All these factors are contributing to the growth of the eco-friendly labels market, which is expected to clock a CAGR of 7.9% during the forecast period.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Asia Pacific to Dominate Global Market in Near Future
The large eco-conscious consumer base in the North American countries is helping the region to dominate the eco-friendly labels market. Manufacturers in Europe are also moving from conventional to sustainable packaging solutions and expected to witness huge demand for eco-friendly labels. Some regions such as Latin America are still recovering from the recession of 2015. However, with eco-friendly labels in the retail sector, it is expected to rise in sales in the packaging industry.
Compared to North America and Europe, Asia Pacific is projected to account for the highest share of the eco-friendly labels market, with the market in the region anticipated to expand at a CAGR of 7.2% during the forecast period. Growing population and environmental awareness are driving the demand for eco-friendly products. China and India being the major consumer base, the eco-friendly labels market in the Asia Pacific is anticipated to create several opportunities. In many regions, government regulations are restricting the use of non-degradable and non-renewable materials in packaging products. This is likely to expand possibilities for the market in the upcoming years.
Technological Advancements in Printing Technologies Driving Global Market
The eco-friendly labels market is expanding rapidly with few segments holding more value than others. Paper-based labels have witnessed increased demand in recent years, and expected to hold more than 4/5th of the value share during the forecast period. Paper segments such as matte and semi-gloss are anticipated to generate 130 bps of current market share in the upcoming future. Additionally, ease of application and good tear stability are influencing segments such as pressure sensitive labels, and are estimated to grow twice the present market value by 2029.
The technology and devices used in manufacturing are improved with the rising demand for labels in recent years. Printing technologies such as Flexography ensure the durability of inks and ease of printing. Such technologies are expected to remain profitable at a steady rate in upcoming years. Furthermore, owing to the excellent print quality of emerging technologies and environmental factors, the digital segment of the eco-friendly labels market is predicted to progress at a notable CAGR of 8.7% during the projected period.
COVID-19 to Impact Growth of Global Market
The global eco-friendly labels market has witnessed a decline in sales, due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Barriers in the expansion of major end users, including pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, food & beverages, personal care, and others are major causes in the slump of the global market. Other significant factors such as disrupted supply chain management networks, limitations on trading activities, product management, and frequently varying financial conditions in many countries are hindering the growth of the eco-friendly labels market.
The declining eco-friendly labels market is anticipated to gain momentum from 2022, as the demand from the food & beverages industry is expected to rise shortly. On the other hand, the involvement of regulatory administrations for adequate planning and market players' competitive strategies are contributing toward the expansion of the eco-friendly labels market in the near future.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Eco-friendly Labels Market
In the upcoming years, the outlook toward sustainable packaging might change. The adoption of eco-friendly techniques in manufacturing processes and products is attracting a major consumer base across various industries. Apart from government regulatory authorities and industrial laws for the environment, consumers are now demanding and pressurizing label and packaging companies to limit the content of non-biodegradable elements in their products. The rising awareness regarding eco-friendly products in urban regions is expected to contribute to the growth of the eco-friendly labels market during the forecast period. The major factor restraining the growth for eco-friendly labels is the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. Restricting working regulations for manufacturers across various industries, inconsistent trading laws, and limited workflow in the units are impacting the growth of the eco-friendly labels market. However, the market is anticipated to propel shortly due to the increased amount of vaccination and medical developments across the world.
Eco-friendly Labels Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest report on the global eco-friendly labels market for the historical period of 2015-2020 and forecast period of 2021-2029, the market is anticipated to be driven by remarkable consumption and production growth, resulting from shifting consumer habits toward sustainable living and increasing the quality of life across various regions of the globe
- The global eco-friendly labels market is expected to clock a value of CAGR of 7.9% during the forecast period. Eco-friendly labels help to create new value chains by establishing new networks of production to the manufacturer, lowering the environmental impact from reduced waste, increasing in recycling and reusing the label, and adding sustainability to quality living, thereby increasing the consumption at global level. This has resulted in significant demand for eco-friendly labels in the recent years globally.
Consumer Inclination toward Sustainable and Green Packaging Solutions Driving Eco-Friendly Labels Market
- Consumer demand for use of green labelling and packaging formats is one of the key parameters anticipated to facilitate an increase in consumption and use of eco-friendly labels in the market. These labels have witnessed exponential growth in adoption, due to their cost-effectiveness and ease of application. Additionally, eco-friendly labels are easy to recycle and reduce wastage. Therefore, environmental benefits from manufacturing such labels are significant. As these labels are made of paper and eco-plastics, which reduce negative impact on the environment, the use of such labels results in total elimination of release liner waste, which is one of the key waste materials specific to the label industry. This helps many countries to reduce bundles of landfills.
- Moreover, concerns related to environmental protection among consumers are rising day-by-day. Consumers have realized that their purchasing behavior or purchasing pattern can affect the environment. They can protect the environment by purchasing eco-friendly or sustainable products that have negligible impact on the environment, thus improving the quality of living too.
- Growing inclination of a consumer toward eco-friendly products, along with the willingness to pay more for the purchase of such products has driven the demand for eco-friendly labels
- Moreover, increasing consumer awareness about sustainable living is propelling the market for eco-friendly labels. Thus, the labels and packaging is estimated to be significant in the eco-friendly labels market.
Food & Beverages Industry Offers Multiple Growth Opportunities to Eco-friendly Labels Market
- Owing to the rising middle-class population across the globe coupled with open trade policies, the world is witnessing a significant surge in the demand for perishable food products, particularly meat, seafood, dairy products, and fresh fruits and vegetables. Furthermore, an increasing number of consumers is buying frozen food products from the organized retail sector due to which, companies are integrating advanced technologies to provide quality food products ensuring transparency and safety. Due to increasing consumption of frozen food, seafood, and others, the demand for food-safe packaging and labelling material is increasing exponentially. The eco-friendly label manufacturers are strategically planning to enhance the quality of labels that can withstand all atmospheric conditions and provide maximum clarity of the printed information.
- Eco-friendly labels can also be incorporated in non-alcoholic and alcoholic beverages. Due to the increasing occurrence of counterfeiting in various countries, brand owners seek for solutions to reduce such risks. The growing demand for eco-friendly labels in the beverages industry is ultimately creating substantial opportunities for eco-friendly label manufacturers to further penetrate the market. Factors, such as increasing customer engagement and consumer interaction with products are creating significant opportunities for manufacturers to capture a substantial market share.
- The U.S. Grocery Manufacturers Association (GMA) identified that nearly 75-80% of products, including food and beverages, cosmetics and personal care, and pharmaceuticals are expected to have data encrypted eco-friendly labels over the next five years. Leading food manufacturing brands are gradually adopting eco-friendly labels; some of these are Kellogg, Nestle, and The J.M. Smucker Company. Tyson Foods, a meat and poultry producer has recently added technology-based quick scanning QR code eco-friendly labels on some of its products.
Eco-friendly Labels Market: Key Findings
- Based on material, the paper-based labels segment is forecast to hold more than 4/5th of the value share by 2029. Semi-gloss/matte paper segment is estimated to witness gain of nearly 130 bps of the current market share during the forecast period.
- Pressure Sensitive Labels (PSL) segment is predicted to expand 2 times of the current market value by the end of 2029, attributing to ease of application and good tear resistance
- Flexography printing technology is expected to remain lucrative for the global eco-friendly labels market, owing to durability of inks and ease of printing. However, the digital segment is anticipated to increase at a prominent CAGR of 8.7% during the forecasted period as an emerging technology, which results in excellent print quality and is environment-friendly.
- Although consumption of eco-friendly labels in food & beverages is projected to gain new heights, consumption of these labels in the pharmaceutical industry is expected to increase at yearly growth rate of 5.5% during 2021-2022, and register maximum growth of 10.5% during 2025-2027. This growth is anticipated as the COVID-19 pandemic situation has compelled pharmaceutical companies to manufacture medications beyond capacity.
- Asia Pacific is expected to lead the global market for eco-friendly labels. This region is anticipated to create lucrative incremental growth opportunity of US$ 562 Mn during the forecast period.
Eco-friendly Labels Market: Competition Landscape
- TMR observed that the global eco-friendly labels market is extremely competitive for emerging new players due to existence of established players in the market. This competition among the key players has been carefully studied and understood based on recent developments, strategies to capture the market, and segmental revenue of the companies over the past five years.
- In the recent study of eco-friendly labels market, TMR team included profiles of leading players. This includes
- SATO Holdings Corporation
- Elevate Packaging Inc.
- CCL Industries
- HERMA Labels
- Hally Labels
- inkREADible Labels
- Paramount Labels
- VR Labels & Stickers
- JK Labels
- Signal Ltd.
- Labels Plus
- Weber Packaging Solutions
- Crown Labels Mfg. Co. Ltd.
- Berkshire Labels
- WEAVEBEL Ltd.
- Zebra Technologies Corp.
- The Label Makers Limited
- Blair Labeling Inc.
- Genesis Patterns(Labels), among others.
- TMR segmented the eco-friendly labels market players as Tier 1, Tier 2, and Tier 3 as per their segmental revenue. Among these players, Sato Holdings Corporation, CCL Industries Inc., Zebra Technologies Corp., and some other major players are identified as Tier 1 players. In 2019, these companies hold an increasing market share of ~10-15%. The Tier 2 players are HERMA Labels, Labels Plus, Weber Packaging Solutions, Signal Ltd., and other major players. Tier 3 players are Interfas, Berkshire Labels, Hally Labels, etc. from across the globe.
COVID-19 to Slowdown Growth of Eco-friendly Labels Market
- Post COVID-19, the global eco-friendly labels market is expected to decline in 2021 with a year-on-year growth rate of nearly -0.8% from 1.7% in 2021. This forecast is as per the ongoing barriers in the expansion of key end-use industries, including food & beverages, pharmaceuticals, cosmetics & personal care, retail, etc., which are the biggest consumers of eco-friendly labels.
- This is mainly due to disturbed supply chain management network, restrictions on trading activities, product management across the globe, and continuously changing financial conditions and rates in many countries amide pandemic
- According to the TMR analysis, the eco-friendly labels market is projected to gain propulsion among end users from 2022 onward, owing to the increased demand from the food & beverages industry. On the other side, effective planning and decisions by regulatory authorities and key players also forecast to gain motion ahead.
Eco-friendly Labels Market – Scope of the Report
Transparency Market Research (TMR) started a new study on the global eco-friendly labels market, providing forecast for the period of 2021-2029. In the study, growth opportunity for the eco-friendly labels market is witnessed. The report provides valuable insights, which enable readers to make winning business decisions for future growth of their businesses. The report highlights significant factors that are constantly determining the growth of the eco-friendly labels market, untapped opportunities for manufacturers, trends and developments, and other insights across various key segments. Macroeconomic factors that are directly or indirectly affecting market growth are also incorporated in the report.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Eco-friendly Labels Market Report
- What will be market size for eco-friendly labels by the end of 2029?
- What will be the impact of COVID-19 on eco-friendly labels market?
- Which type of label is expected to be most preferred for eco-friendly labels? What was its market size in 2020?
- Which region will remain most lucrative for market growth?
- Which are the top five countries of eco-friendly labels market?
- Which end user holds maximum market share of the global eco-friendly labels market?
- Who are major key players in the eco-friendly labels market?
Key indicators associated with the eco-friendly labels market have been calculated thoroughly in the report. The study enumerates vital market dynamics such as key drivers, challenges, and trends, along with opportunities in the global eco-friendly labels market. A comprehensive study on the value chain, which includes component suppliers, manufacturers, distributors, and end users have been incorporated in the global market report. Other key aspects laid down in the market include pricing strategy of leading market players and comparative analysis of eco-friendly labels. Furthermore, forecast factors and forecast scenarios of the eco-friendly labels market have been covered in the report to understand future prospects of the market.
A comprehensive evaluation and forecast on the eco-friendly labels market are provided on the material, label type, printing technology, end use, and region.
Y-o-Y growth comparison, volume and revenue comparison, and market share comparison of various market segments are provided in the report. The eco-friendly labels market is analyzed at both regional and country levels.
The report delivers an exhaustive assessment on the structure of the eco-friendly labels market, in tandem with a dashboard view of all leading company profiles in the report. Every company’s share analysis on market players have also been presented in the report, apart from the footprint matrix of profiled market players. The report depicts the presence of eco-friendly labels manufacturers by leveraging an intensity map. It also highlights key end users for eco-friendly labels.
The report includes company overview of key players. Some of the key companies profiled in the eco-friendly labels market report include SATO Holdings Corporation, Elevate Packaging Inc., CCL Industries, HERMA Labels, Hally Labels, inkREADible Labels, Paramount Labels, VR Labels & Stickers, JK Labels, Signal Ltd., Labels Plus, Weber Packaging Solutions, Crown Labels Mfg. Co. Ltd., Interfas, Berkshire Labels, WEAVEBEL Ltd., Zebra Technologies Corp., The Label Makers Limited, Blair Labeling Inc., and Genesis Patterns (Labels), among others.
A realistic methodology, along with a holistic approach makes the base for sharp insights, which are provided in the eco-friendly labels market for the study evaluation period. The TMR report comprises of detailed information on growth prospects, along with riveting insights into the forecast assessment of the market.
Extensive primary and secondary researches have been employed to garner keen insights into the forecast study of the eco-friendly labels market. The report has further undergone a cross-validation by in-house professionals to make the eco-friendly labels market report one-of-its-kind with the highest credibility.
Eco-friendly Labels Market – Segmentation
The global eco-friendly labels market has been divided on the basis of material, label type, printing technology, end use, and region. Each of these segments are analyzed to provide readers with holistic view of the market.