Innovation in Air-interception Radars Help Detect Stealth Aircraft and Bombers
Ground-breaking technological developments are anticipated to engulf the early warning radar market. Defense contractors are increasing their capabilities in systems that track stealth fighters and bombers. For instance, Hensoldt - a German-based multinational aerospace company, invented a new radar system that successfully tracked two American F-35 Joint Strike Fighters.
Air interception radars are anticipated to dominate the early warning radar landscape, with an estimated revenue of ~US$ 1 billion by 2027. This is why, defense contractors in the early warning radar market are developing state-of-the-art radar systems that can be used to help successfully intercepting incoming aircraft or launching surface-to-air missiles. There is surging demand for technologically-sound radar systems, as many countries are developing carefully-shaped fighters and bombers that minimize the return a radar will receive from the aircraft, which leads to significant reduction in its detection range.
As most countries are compromised by potential defense threats, it is the onus of defense contractors in the early warning radar market to increase their capabilities in new passive radar systems that detect electromagnetic emissions in the atmosphere and other radio signals. Since stealth is considered vital for aircraft survival, defense contractors are introducing radar systems that can identify aircraft by assessing how the signals bounce off airborne objects.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Early Warning Radar Market
Stakeholders Enter Experimental Verification Phase with New Developments in Quantum Radar Systems
Nuclear intercontinental ballistic missiles, sea-launched land-attack missiles, and hypersonic weapons have catalyzed the need for advanced radar systems capable of providing early detection. The early warning radar market is flourishing in Asia Pacific. Likewise, China is found to be increasing its capabilities in quantum radar systems that not only detect stealth bombers, but also monitor high-speed flying objects in the upper atmosphere. These systems are also being used to detect ballistic missiles.
Defense electronics companies in China are innovating new quantum radar systems that identify stealth aircraft at long distances. They are claiming to effectively monitor high-speed flying objects that involve ballistic missiles, within the duration of their boost phase and mid-course pathways. Defense contractors in the early warning radar market are fortifying fully-developed quantum radar systems that execute performance in key areas of range, imaging, and counter interference.
Stakeholders in Chinese defense electronics companies are entering the experimental verification phase to assess quantum states of subatomic particles, based on single photon measurement technology. This technology is particularly useful for the detection of extremely weak signals that are given off by stealth jets. Since stealth aircraft flown by the U.S. and its allies pose as a major threat to the regional interests of various countries, stakeholders in the early warning radar market are developing advanced radar technologies that act as effective countermeasures.
Advanced Battle Management System Software Reduces Vulnerabilities of Ballistic Missile Defense Systems
There is a growing need for missile defense programs and investments in layered missile defenses. Stakeholders in the early warning radar market need to focus on increasing their capabilities in assessing theater missile threats and ballistic missile threats.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
North America is estimated to account for a revenue of ~US$ 600 million by the end of 2027, in the early warning radar market. Since North America has the potential to grow exponentially in the defense landscape, stakeholders are increasing investments in the U.S. defense space. As such, they are increasing their focus on the development of ballistic missile defense systems in the U.S. defense space. There is a growing need for these systems, as they provide an integrated and layered architecture to destroy missiles and their warheads, before they can reach their targets.
Ballistic missile defense systems offer exceptional general space surveillance and satellite tracking. However, it is unclear whether the system’s geostationary space-based sensors are capable of discriminating and detecting unique heat impressions generated by hypersonic boost-glide weapons (HGVs) in the skip-glide phase of its flight from space. This ambiguity poses as a destabilizing challenge where HGVs pose as a threat to existing early warning systems. Hence, stakeholders in the early warning radar market are developing high-end battle management system software to minimize the vulnerabilities of ballistic missile defense systems.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Early Warning Radar Market
Asia Pacific is estimated grow in terms of market revenue share. Defense contractors in the early warning radar market should direct their investments toward the defense landscape of countries in Asia Pacific. For instance, Defense Research Development Organization (DRDO) handed over Netra - an Airborne Early Warning and Control (AEWC) aircraft, to the Indian Air Force (IAF), which is in-built with surveillance and radar coverage.
However, it is debatable whether geostationary space-based sensors provide the early detection of high-speed stealth fighters in challenging circumstances. Hence, defense contractors should focus on improving the detection of sensors, especially for the lower-altitude midcourse flight phase. They should focus on developing state-of-the-art ballistic missile defense systems that effectively detect HGVs.
Global Early Warning Radar Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest research report on the global early warning radar market for the historical period of 2017–2018 and the forecast period of 2019–2027, increasing need for early target tracking, growing investments toward the development of military infrastructure, and surge in the awareness about the benefits of early warning radars are expected to boost the global market during the forecast period.
- In terms of revenue, the global early warning radar market is estimated to reach a value of ~US$ 2 Bn by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of ~6% over the forecast period.
Growing Need for Early Target Tracking: A Key Driver
- Military radar systems are extremely useful for early detection, air traffic control, air and ground surveillance, and sea navigation. Modern airborne early warning radars help detect, track, and control interceptors. Continuous advancements in defense infrastructure to provide modern equipment to the armed forces is driving the early warning radar market.
- An early-warning radar is a radar system that is primarily utilized to identify long-range targets, i.e. allowing defenses to be alerted as early as possible before the attacker hits the target, thereby providing air defenses the maximum time to counter the problem.
- Increasing terrorist activities around the world are anticipated to increase the need for early detection, thereby boosting the global early warning radar market. Early warning radars are also being used to monitor terrorist activates and to provide higher security at national borders.
- Also, rising military expenditures is likely to boost the over-the-horizon radar market in the near future. Furthermore, the rising threat posed by cross-border conflicts and terrorist attacks is estimated to drive the early warning radar market in the near future.
- The increasing demand for ground surveillance radars in order to monitor borders, and the requirement of new generation air and missile defense systems are expected to offer significant opportunities to the military radar market during the forecast period. Increasing awareness regarding early detection of targets is driving the growth of the early warning radar market across the world.
Increasing Demand for Air-interception Radars: Latest Market Trend
- Presently, air-interception radar devices dominate the market.
- Ground-interception radars were mostly utilized by fleet ground arm night fighters and interceptors, as well as the Royal Air Force (RAF), to track and locate other aircraft.
- Air-interception radars use ground-based transmitters and receivers with an antenna between the fixed landing gear and a wire string. Thus, their ability to precisely locate enemy aircraft makes them more military-friendly. As such, the air-interception radar segment is anticipated to expand significantly in the global early warning radar market in the near future.
- The increasing efficiency of radars in locating aircraft has prompted the development of aircraft incorporated with stealth capabilities, which enables these aircraft to fly undetected by these radar systems.
High Cost of Early Warning Radars - A Major Challenge
- The high expenses involved in improving military early warning radars is a key factor that is expected to hamper the military radar landscape.
- The rising demand for border surveillance radars and the need for new generation air and missile defense systems are estimated to offer significant opportunity to the early warning radar market during the forecast period.
- However, the impact of this factor is expected to be medium in the short term, and reduce to low in the long term, owing to increasing awareness regarding the importance of early warning radars and declining prices of products.
Asia Pacific to hold Significant Share of Global Early Warning Radar Market
- Due to increasing terrorist activities, the early warning radar market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand significantly due to the high rate of infrastructure development over the next few years, ongoing arms race among regional countries, and strong economic growth and China's increasing assertiveness in territorial disputes with its neighbors.
- Countries such as India, Pakistan, South Korea, North Korea, China, and Japan are rapidly adopting airborne early warning radars through various agreements and collaborations. Consequently, the airborne early warning radar market in the region is witnessing steady expansion.
- In June, 2017, China built the world's fastest amphibious fighting vehicle. The North China Institute of Vehicle Research has built a 4X4 armored fighting vehicle (AFV) that can reach a top speed of 31 miles per hour when traveling in calm waters.
Global Early Warning Radar Market: Competition Landscape
- Detailed profiles of the manufacturers of early warning radars have been provided in the report to evaluate their financials, key product offerings, recent developments, and strategies.
- Key players operating in the global early warning radar market are
- CurtissWright Corporation
- BAE Systems PLC
- Thales Group
- SAAB A.B.
- Elbit Systems Ltd
- Lockheed Martin Corporation
- General Dynamics Corporation
- The Raytheon Company.
Global Early Warning Radar Market: Key Developments
- Key providers of early warning radars, such as General Dynamics Corporation, are focusing on product innovation and development to expand their customer base.
In the report on the global early warning radar market, we have discussed individual strategies, followed by company profiles of providers of early warning radars. The ‘Competition Landscape’ section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and company market share analysis of key players operating in the global early warning radar market.
Early Warning Radar Market: Scope of the Report
[137 Pages Report] A new study on the global early warning radar market was published by Transparency Market Research (TMR). It presents detailed information of key market dynamics, including the market drivers, market trends, and market challenges, as well as the structure of the global early warning radar market. TMR’s study offers valuable information on the global early warning radar market in order to illustrate how the market is expected to expand during the forecast period, i.e. 2019–2027.
The report on the global early warning radar market has been prepared after an extensive primary and secondary research. Primary research involves bulk of the research efforts, wherein, analysts carry out interviews with industry leaders and opinion makers. Extensive secondary research involves referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the global analytical standards market.
Key indicators of market growth, which include value chain analysis, supply chain analysis, and compound annual growth rate (CAGR), are elucidated in TMR’s study in a comprehensive manner. This data can help readers interpret the quantitative growth aspects of the global early warning radar market for the forecast period.
An extensive analysis of the business strategies being adopted by leading market players is also featured in TMR’s study on the global early warning radar market. This can help readers understand the key factors that are responsible for the expansion of the global early warning radar market. In this study, readers can also find specific data on avenues for the qualitative and quantitative growth of the global early warning radar market. This data would guide market players in making apt business decisions in the near future.
The report delves into the competition landscape of the global early warning radar market. Key players operating in the global early warning radar market have been identified, and each one of them has been profiled for their distinguishing business attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOTs are some of the attributes of players in the global early warning radar market that have been profiled in this report.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Early Warning Radar Market Study
- What would be the Y-o-Y growth trend of the early warning radar market between 2019 and 2027?
- What is the influence of the changing trends in technologies on the global early warning radar market?
- Would Asia Pacific continue to remain the most profitable regional market for providers of early warning radars?
- Which factors would hinder the growth of the global early warning radar market during the forecast period?
- Which are the leading companies operating in the global early warning radar market?
A unique research methodology is utilized by TMR to conduct comprehensive research on the global early warning radar market, and arrive at conclusions on the future growth prospects of the market. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts warrant the accuracy and reliability of the conclusions drawn.
Secondary research sources referred to by analysts during the compilation of the report on the global early warning radar market include statistics from company annual reports, SEC filings, company websites, World Bank database, investor presentations, regulatory databases, government publications, and market white papers. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, type portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, and market intelligence managers, who have contributed to the making of TMR’s study on the global early warning radar market, as a primary research source.