Dyspnea Treatment Market: Introduction
- Dyspnea can be defined as shortness of breath, also known as air hunger. The shortness of breath can range between mild to temporary and serious and long lasting. Dyspnea can be caused due to spending time on high altitudes, overexertion, or as a symptom of a range of other conditions.
- Signs of dyspnea include shortness of breath due to exertion or due to a medical condition; labored breathing, rapid shallow breathing, heart palpitations, wheezing, coughing, tightness in the chest, and suffocation as a result of breathing difficulties
- The common causes of dyspnea include heart failure, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), pneumonia, asthma, and interstitial lung disease, and psychogenic problems related to anxiety
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Dyspnea Treatment Market
- The global dyspnea treatment market is driven by rise in prevalence of dyspnea among the population owing to surge in prevalence of its causative symptoms such as COPD and asthma. The prevalence of dyspnea is considered to be high, with over 25% patients affected globally.
- High prevalence of cardiopulmonary diseases, rise in obesity among people, and lifestyle changes are the major causes of dyspnea. Increase in presence of target population necessitates the demand for dyspnea treatment. This in turn contributes to the growth of the global market.
- Exposure to various toxins and increasing levels of air pollution leading to breathlessness among the population boosts the growth of the global dyspnea treatment market
- However, lack of awareness among people and limited operating revenue opportunities for players focused on developing targeted therapies for dyspnea treatment are likely to hamper the growth of the global dyspnea treatment market during the forecast period.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
North America to Lead Global Dyspnea Treatment Market
- In terms of region, the global dyspnea treatment market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global dyspnea treatment market in 2019, owing to strong presence of leading market players, increase in product approvals, well-established health care infrastructure, and high prevalence of obesity and cardiopulmonary diseases
- Europe was the second largest market for dyspnea treatment in 2019. Asia Pacific is projected to be the fastest growing market for dyspnea treatment, followed by Latin America and Middle East & Africa. Growing focus of governments of countries in Asia on enhancing health care facilities, increase in focus of players on leveraging opportunities offered by emerging economies, and rise in prevalence of asthma and COPD among people are expected to augment the dyspnea treatment market in the region.
Key Players Operating in Global Dyspnea Treatment Market
Leading players in the global dyspnea treatment market are:
- Mayne Pharma Group Limited
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- GlaxoSmithKline plc
- Bausch Health
- Hikma Pharmaceuticals plc
- Lannett Company, Inc.
- Amneal Pharmaceuticals LLC
- Mylan N.V.
- Lupin Limited
- Akron Incorporated
- ANI Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Pfizer, Inc.
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
Global Dyspnea Treatment Market: Research Scope
Global Dyspnea Treatment Market, by Treatment
- Supplemental Oxygen Therapy
- Relaxation Therapy
- Antianxiety Drugs
- Anticholinergic Agents
Global Dyspnea Treatment Market, by Route of Administration
Global Dyspnea Treatment Market, by End-user
- Home Care
- Specialty Centers
Global Dyspnea Treatment Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.