Dysmenorrhea Treatment Market: Introduction
- Dysmenorrhea is a medical term for the pain females experience during menstrual cycle. It denotes the severe cramps experienced in the lower abdomen that could extend down to back and lower legs. Majority of women start experiencing acute pain during their early adolescence, around the first five years of the beginning of the menstrual cycle. During menstruation, a lining is formed around the uterus. That lining produces a chemical called prostaglandin. These prostaglandins are responsible for the muscle contraction inside the uterus. Muscle contraction causes pain and decreases the flow of oxygen and blood to the uterus. A broad range of underlying conditions can lead to menstrual disorders. To determine the primary cause, doctors rely on past medical reports of the patient, lab tests, and physical examination. Such examinations help doctors to determine the exact cause of dysmenorrhea and devise an appropriate plan of treatment.
Key Drivers and Opportunities of Global Dysmenorrhea Treatment Market
- Changing lifestyle, environmental changes, and food habits have had a significant impact on human bodies. This has led to increase in incidence of dysmenorrhea among women. This is a major factor driving the global dysmenorrhea treatment market.
- Surge in incidence of dysmenorrhea has led to increase in health awareness among women to tackle the condition. Hence, adoption of drugs and medicines that help in reducing the pain during the menstrual cycle has increased. This in turn boosts the growth of the global market.
- Companies in the market have launched innovative drugs for treating dysmenorrhea. Moreover, increase in government awareness campaigns about women’s health fuel the growth of the global dysmenorrhea treatment market.
- Leading players are making investing in research & development. This creates significant opportunities in the market. For instance, in January 2021, Pfizer, Inc. and Myovant Sciences announced positive phase 3 spirit extension study of once-daily relugolix combination therapy in women with endometriosis. The therapy reported clinically meaningful reductions in dysmenorrhea. In September 2019, Bayer announced data demonstrating that a single maximum non-prescription dose of Aleve provided more pain relief over 12 hours than acetaminophen for menstrual cramps due to primary dysmenorrhea.
North America to Dominate Global Dysmenorrhea Treatment Market
- In terms of region, the global dysmenorrhea treatment market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America is projected to dominate the global dysmenorrhea treatment market during the forecast period. Well-established health care infrastructure and high awareness are the factors likely to augment the market in the region.
- The dysmenorrhea treatment market in Asia Pacific is expected to grow at a rapid pace during the forecast period. Increase in purchasing power, rise in awareness about clinical facilities, and improving infrastructure are likely to fuel the growth of the market in the region.
Key Players Operating in Global Dysmenorrhea Treatment Market
The global dysmenorrhea treatment market is fragmented with the presence of international as well as local players. A large number of companies hold major share in their respective regions. Growth strategies adopted by leading players are likely to drive the global market.
Key players operating in the global dysmenorrhea treatment market are:
- Bayer AG
- Taj Pharmaceuticals
- Novartis AG
- Mylan Pharmaceuticals
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
Global Dysmenorrhea Treatment Market: Research Scope
Global Dysmenorrhea Treatment Market, by Treatment
- Non-steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDS)
- Hormonal Contraceptives
Global Dysmenorrhea Treatment Market, by Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
Global Dysmenorrhea Treatment Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.